Well.... this is great
Jul 26, 2011 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

MosinNagantMan

New Head-Fier
I was listening to my brother's Beats Pro just for fun and I swiveled the left ear thing the wrong way and severed the line inside. Now I'm forced to pay for overpriced headphones lol
angry_face.gif

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 18

Quote:
I was listening to my brother's Beats Pro just for fun and I swiveled the left ear thing the wrong way and severed the line inside. Now I'm forced to pay for overpriced headphones lol
angry_face.gif

Ouch x2

Why didn't you just lie to him and go "Your left driver isn't working"

And have him replace them for himself

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 18
He doesn't know, it just happened. Unfortunatley also I don't think he cares much about audio quality, he just likes the looks. On Monster's defense he bought them from Craigslist so I don't even know if they are real.

Jul 26, 2011 at 3:09 AM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
Maybe they are real, and Monster will honour the warranty. Worth a shot, no?
http://www.beatsbydre.com/support/Warranty.aspx

Better yet, act stupid and call up Monster via the warranty

Say "I don't know what happened by the left speaker isn't working."

But that probably depends on the warranty period

Bettererererer yet, buy him some Koss DJ100 because they have a lifetime warranty, limited to defects, but there is no defects like a Beats has

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #8 of 18

Quote:
He doesn't know, it just happened. Unfortunatley also I don't think he cares much about audio quality, he just likes the looks. On Monster's defense he bought them from Craigslist so I don't even know if they are real.

Don't the PROs actually sound good? They are overpriced but the PROs actually sound good. Not many audiophile headphones will compare in bass quantity and still have the construction and sound it does. The only brand that I can think of is Ultrasone that may have something comparable to the Beat Pros.

Jul 26, 2011 at 4:57 AM Post #9 of 18

Quote:

Don't the PROs actually sound good? They are overpriced but the PROs actually sound good. Not many audiophile headphones will compare in bass quantity and still have the construction and sound it does. The only brand that I can think of is Ultrasone that may have something comparable to the Beat Pros.

They are like a bar of metal built around you head.

The sound was OK, but you get the idea on what more respectful people say around here.

I would buy Beats if they were better priced. But $400 for a can that has $100 of SQ and $50 of Bass is pitiful

If they were at $200, I might think about it. If on sale from that, their mine.

Jul 26, 2011 at 5:42 PM Post #10 of 18
Alright so this is what I did. I bought him new ones at Best Buy, paid for the no questions asked replacement warranty, so I will put the broken ones in the box and trade them in a week or so. That at least will make it 2 Beats for the price of one.

Upon comparison of the two headphones, his were fake, but really hard to tell. I have purposley purchased some new fakes that should be in next week so I might do my first review by comparing real with fake ones that are $100

BTW I see what everyone complains about the real ones about how muddy they are.

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #11 of 18
Ditch the Beat, get him a Grado :)

Jul 27, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 18

Quote:

There is absolutely no comparison between ultrasone and monster bass. period. Comparing the beats to my 900s, the bass sounds flimsy and muddy. There is no snap to it at all, its just thick sticky mud. Add onto the lack of resolution, the constant humming of the noise cancelling circuit, and the cheap plastic feel and you have yourself one heck of a mudbath!

Jul 27, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #13 of 18
Another reason for not using the Beats. 
mad.gif

Jul 27, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #14 of 18

There is absolutely no comparison between ultrasone and monster bass. period. Comparing the beats to my 900s, the bass sounds flimsy and muddy. There is no snap to it at all, its just thick sticky mud. Add onto the lack of resolution, the constant humming of the noise cancelling circuit, and the cheap plastic feel and you have yourself one heck of a mudbath!

Beats Studio =/= Beats Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back