Weiss DAC/Audeze LCD-5 High End Loaner Program @TTVJAudio.com
Jan 30, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #31 of 34
RobertSM you must be stalking this thread!:) Hope the review helps with your DAC shopping.

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:03 AM Post #32 of 34
RobertSM you must be stalking this thread!:) Hope the review helps with your DAC shopping.

Haha! Yes, I'm definitely watching closely. I think due to space issue the Weiss DAC501 will be better for me. But the 501 & 502 are the same expect for the larger chassis and XLR out for headphones on the 502. But they measure the same.

Thanks for your write up. Very useful!

Jan 30, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #33 of 34
How many PEQ settings per headphone does the Weiss DAC have?

Mar 11, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #34 of 34
the DSP settings on the weiss DAC502 look very interesting, especially these:
  • Creative Equalizer - a tone control with low boost/cut, high boost/cut and mid boost/cut. Very useful to correct those recordings which do not quite sound right.

• De-Essing - the automatic removal of overly bright sibilances from human voices. The sibilance effect can be more or less pronounced depending on your speakers or room acoustics.

• Vinyl Emulation - get that special sonic character of a record player based playback chain. We also employ an emulation of the DMM-CD procedure offered by the Stockfisch label.

• Headphone Equalizer - to adapt any headphone to the listener's ears in terms of frequency response.

• Crossfeed - to emulate a speaker based playback impression on headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back