Weiss DAC/Audeze LCD-5 High End Loaner Program @TTVJAudio.com
Nov 18, 2021 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

We are going to try a few high end loaner programs with new rules for participation. This is the first with more to follow. These will be limited to 5 people.

The Weiss DAC 502 is a premium high end DAC that feature a single ended and balanced headphone output.

Weiss DAC are currently on sale for 10% off now until Nov. 30th. The DACs now featuring Audeze Equalization in the headphone section! Users of Audeze headphones with either Weiss DAC---whether recording/mastering engineers or passionate listeners at home---can now utilize frequency equalization curves that optimize performance, and ensure standardized response. Thus, we have paired the Weiss DAC 502 with the shiny new Audeze LCD-5 for this loaner tour.
We are including a Cardas Clear 4 Pin XLR headphone cable for use with the balanced section of the Weiss DAC and the stock Audeze 1/4" single ended cable to use with the front panel output.

weissdac502front.jpg
weissdac502rear.jpg
audezelcd52.jpg

High End Loaner Program Rules:

With this high end loaner program we would request that those signing up have an interest in purchasing the product(s) from TTVJAudio. You should have comparable gear to match the quality of these products.

You get to try the loaner product for 1 full week in your system. At the end of your week, you will send it promptly to the next person on the loaner list. TTVJAudio will supply the shipping info. You will be responsible for packing and shipping costs to the next person. You must also send tracking to Todd so he can inform the next person of its expected arrival.

We are expecting to send it out to the first one who signs up Monday 11/29.

With High End product loaner programs, you must email todd@ttvjaudio.com to sign up. Include your Head-Fi user name, Your name and shipping info and telephone number. We will call you for a credit card to insure you don’t abscond with our gear. You will be charged nothing for the program unless… you become more than a few days late before shipping to the next person, you will be penalized $100 for the first 3 days tardy and $250 if a week has passed and it is not shipped. At 2 weeks late you and will have purchased the unit for full price unless you have a very good excuse. A phone call or email to Todd with your explanation is your only chance of the sale not being final.

When your have had your turn auditioning the loaner product, you are expected to share your views in the loaner thread. A timely review will be much appreciated.

Please play by the rules. We do not want to fine anyone for late shipping. We do want everyone who signs up to have their turn in a timely manner and to have FUN playing with the gear. We also want others who do not participate to be informed of your findings via a review.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Todd

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 34
Thanks for doing this @Todd! :relaxed:

I am finding the Weiss DAC502 to be absolutely stellar so far, as I have one in for review. I'm super curious to see what other people think of the DAC502 + LCD-5 pairing - and to see how those correlate to my impressions, as well as the impressions of those who heard that exact rig at CanJam SoCal 2021 nearly two months ago.

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 34
Blown away, Would die to participate, but alas, I am not a 'potential buyer'.

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #7 of 34
The 5 Weiss DAC 502 and Audeze LCD 5 Loaner Program Participants. This is now closed. It will be sent to moshen on 11/29 - I will be enjoying the combo until then.

Have fun and I look forward to your impressions in this thread! I will be calling early next week for cc info.

moshen
corigfall
Wazzupi
JLoud
Relaxasaurus

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 34
A+ tour provider right here!

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #11 of 34
Blown away, Would die to participate, but alas, I am not a 'potential buyer'.
Me either, too bad. But TTVJ sure missed out, I would have written a killer review. :)

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #12 of 34
Me either, too bad. But TTVJ sure missed out, I would have written a killer review. :)
Just the LCD 5 is a mind blower to me...

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 34
Just the LCD 5 is a mind blower to me...
The only Audeze I've heard is the LCD-X, but the same friend who had those may be visiting this weekend and bringing his LCD-2 (don't know which incarnation). The X were impressive, but a bit too much for me. They were exhausting, but big, oh so BIG.

Nov 18, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #14 of 34
The only Audeze I've heard is the LCD-X, but the same friend who had those may be visiting this weekend and bringing his LCD-2 (don't know which incarnation). The X were impressive, but a bit too much for me. They were exhausting, but big, oh so BIG.
I'm, listening to the 2C right now, and I adore it. Just got the Celestee yesterday on tour and it's just sitting there. It was great! But now I want the 2C again...

Nov 19, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #15 of 34
Ah, so sad I missed this announcement yesterday. Realistically though while I’m very interested in the LCD-5 and am thinking that’s my ultimate endgame purchase, I wouldn’t be a potential purchaser of the Weiss unit.

If y’all ever do a loaner tour with just the LCD-5 after this is done I would be very interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back