WEE - new product from Woo Audio
Jul 5, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #166 of 211
someone has experience of the microzotl + the Woo wee for electrostatic Stax ? is it possible to match the zotl with that and to have good result ?
redface.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #167 of 211
probably nobody had expertise about microzotl and woo wee combination... its not a known amp...But if some " god knows all of audio" had some advise and information expertise... i will be glad to hear ? thanks

Jul 19, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #169 of 211
  Haven't heard that combo but it sounds fantastic with my WA5/WEE combo if not the best with my HE-Audio Jade and other stax phones.

Enjoy music!

thanks very much to you for your woo wee recommendation .... Nobody cant tell me if microzotl 2 will be convenient with the woo wee, even less good.... its a shame because this amp seems not to costly and very interesting...
popcorn.gif

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #170 of 211

thanks very much to you for your woo wee recommendation .... Nobody cant tell me if microzotl 2 will be convenient with the woo wee, even less good.... its a shame because this amp seems not to costly and very interesting...
popcorn.gif

From researching this amp it is really designed for low power headphones that are not power hungry to drive them.

here is a insert from "Enjoy the music"

The ultimate test came via my reference phones: the STAX SR-X with the SRD-7 Pro interface. The interface module was connected directly to the amp’s speaker binding posts. The SR-X (a supraural design) is weakest in the bass range, and the Berning while resolving what there was, did not add any gratuitous bass kick. Electrostatic headphones are well known for their speed, control, and felicity of expression, and the SR-X is no exception. Imagine a Formula 1 racing car speeding along a tight course, firmly hugging the track through each hairpin turn. The SR-X is just like that with musical transients. Its clarity and control were allowed full freedom of expression. Inner detail was allowed to float to the surface of audibility effortlessly and without any artificial harmonic etching or ringing. Together, these components forged a natural and synergetic partnership. The treble range was reproduced with exceptional extension and air, and without any electronic artifacts. At no time did I feel that the Berning was impeding the performance of the STAX: high praise indeed for a $680 amplifier.

​Maybe you should try the Dared 300b mono blocks they are also fantastic substitution when properly setup and modified and I must say they rival my WA5 which is 5x times the price.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #171 of 211
i am not sure to understand your point.... this extract say that the first microzotl is good with the stax sr-x via srd-7...will it be also good with the lambda nova via a woo wee or a srd-7 9 i think a woo wee will be better) ? what do you think ?
popcorn.gif
thanks for your attention and time
  From researching this amp it is really designed for low power headphones that are not power hungry to drive them.

here is a insert from "Enjoy the music"

The ultimate test came via my reference phones: the STAX SR-X with the SRD-7 Pro interface. The interface module was connected directly to the amp’s speaker binding posts. The SR-X (a supraural design) is weakest in the bass range, and the Berning while resolving what there was, did not add any gratuitous bass kick. Electrostatic headphones are well known for their speed, control, and felicity of expression, and the SR-X is no exception. Imagine a Formula 1 racing car speeding along a tight course, firmly hugging the track through each hairpin turn. The SR-X is just like that with musical transients. Its clarity and control were allowed full freedom of expression. Inner detail was allowed to float to the surface of audibility effortlessly and without any artificial harmonic etching or ringing. Together, these components forged a natural and synergetic partnership. The treble range was reproduced with exceptional extension and air, and without any electronic artifacts. At no time did I feel that the Berning was impeding the performance of the STAX: high praise indeed for a $680 amplifier.

​Maybe you should try the Dared 300b mono blocks they are also fantastic substitution when properly setup and modified and I must say they rival my WA5 which is 5x times the price.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #172 of 211
 "The SR-X (a supraural design) is weakest in the bass range, and the Berning while resolving what there was, did not add any gratuitous bass kick." 

Remember the design of this amp is OTL and does not have current 1watt in 4ohms

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #174 of 211
  i am not sure to understand your point.... this extract say that the first microzotl is good with the stax sr-x via srd-7...will it be also good with the lambda nova via a woo wee or a srd-7 9 i think a woo wee will be better) ? what do you think ?
popcorn.gif

I have the Lambda nova signature and if it could not gave the SR-X bass kiss I really believe the  Lambda nova will be very reveling  as the article stated without bass kick and goes back to the lack of power. 

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #175 of 211
popcorn.gif

Here is another amp that you may want to research:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAQIN-MS-300C-300B-Vacuum-Valve-Tube-Power-Amp-Integrated-Amplifier-110-240v-US

Jul 19, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #176 of 211
ok the point is made microzotl was not a good choice for  the woo wee....Perhaps i will live with the srm 252s i drive my lambda nova basic with that coupled to a tube (7193 tubes) pre amp Ember with very good results...But with this same amp the he 400 is my prefered choice, the sound is more natural and 3-d, I had modedd the he 400 with sorbothane patches on the exterior cups and that transform them in high end phones.... phenomenal transformation ! by the way you must read this thread of EdStrelow  :

Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with SORBOTHANE: LAMBDAS, SRXIII PRO, SR003, SR00, the SIGMA and various non-STAX

i really think that is the most important news on this site: all headphone are plagued with  internal vibration, with the sorbothane the result are near miraculous.... Its the  most single transformation i had experimented.... like the marvelous 7193 tubes....thanks for your kind interest
regular_smile .gif

I dont want to buy a costly amp for stax and an another one for my hifiman....I am indecided  for the road to go... I want to better the stax but also the hifiman... The woo wee was the means....ok good weeks my friend

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #177 of 211
  ok the point is made microzotl was not a good choice for  the woo wee....Perhaps i will live with the srm 252s i drive my lambda nova basic with that coupled to a tube (7193 tubes) pre amp Ember with very good results...But with this same amp the he 400 is my prefered choice, the sound is more natural and 3-d, I had modedd the he 400 with sorbothane patches on the exterior cups and that transform them in high end phones.... phenomenal transformation ! by the way you must read this thread of EdStrelow  :

Damping Mechanical Resonance Distortion of STAX phones with SORBOTHANE: LAMBDAS, SRXIII PRO, SR003, SR00, the SIGMA and various non-STAX

i really think that is the most important news on this site: all headphone are plagued with  internal vibration, with the sorbothane the result are near miraculous.... Its the  most single transformation i had experimented.... like the marvelous 7193 tubes....thanks for your kind interest
regular_smile .gif

I dont want to buy a costly amp for stax and an another one for my hifiman....I am indecided  for the road to go... I want to better the stax but also the hifiman... The woo wee was the means....ok good weeks my friend

Thank you for the tip. I will definitely will read the article. Which Hifiman model do you have?

Jul 20, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #178 of 211
  Thank you for the tip. I will definitely will read the article. Which Hifiman model do you have?

he 400....i dream to buy he 6 and sorbonothized it.....
smile.gif

finally i will buy a srm 323 probably for the stax lambda and the microzotl for the he 400...I am obsessed by the microZOTL , my intuition said that its a deal for the price....
atsmile.gif

Jul 20, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #180 of 211
That is why I recommended the Yaqin or the dared because you get great result from your dynamics as well as your electrostatics when connected to a Wee without killing your bank account
confused_face(1).gif
. Plus if you are a listener of jazz and classical than a nice set of 300b will make you feel you are in Heaven with the luscious mids and highs that one really wants from a 300b amp. Plus these two amps put out descent power to drive those difficult phones such as the HE-6

Enjoy music!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back