WEE - new product from Woo Audio
Apr 25, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #197 of 211

No, most dynamic headphone amps will not have have enough power.  Woo Audio suggests using the Wee with amps that are rated at least 3W of power (they don't say into what load, but I would guess 8-ohm).  You may want an even more powerful amp depending on what earspeakers you are driving and how loud you want them.

I have a Bryston 2BLP which is 100W power amp. I was speaking more in line with a Jotunheim for something with a similiar power rating. Someone who wanted to buy mine was asking me about using a headphone amp (a Cavalli Audio Carbon)

Aug 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #199 of 211
Yes, you can use the Woo Wee with VTL or Krell, but given the high power of these Amplifiers, you will need to be careful with the volume potentiometer of your preamplifier, so as not to damage the Stax Headphones, connected to the Wee.

Aug 9, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #200 of 211
Which basically is sound advice for any amp/speaker/headphone combination.

Most speakers (and your ears) can’t handle 150W+ either. Just like your normal speakers: you’ll be fine with some common sense.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #202 of 211
Have you guys had any problems with the WEE and the Stax.

I read this thread that gave me concerns:

https://www.head-case.org/forums/topic/12293-woo-audio-ges/

I use a Woo WEE for several years with Drivers with 300B and 845 Valves with my Stax Omega 007-MKII, and I have never had any kind of anomaly and / or operation.

Reading the article, it seems to me that the problem has been with the 009, which have New Transducers, thinner than my 007, and maybe this can cause probable problems ?? The other Stax L-700, which has transducers similar to 009, I use with a HeadAmp KGSS C.E., and I am very pleased with the Set Up.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #203 of 211
Just got a pair of STAX L500s used. I have an Audiomat Arpege for a speaker amp and was thinking of trying the Wee to run the L500s of the Arpege. Anyone have any idea if that is safe to do or not? My research is indicating yes, but just want a final confirmation (as if the Arpege was damaged I would lose my mind).

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #205 of 211
Does the WEE have to be turned on when you want to bypass it and use the speakers?

Jul 21, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #207 of 211
Feb 12, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #208 of 211
Realizing this thread has been inactive for a while, hopefully someone can reply... 🙏 I'm looking for a good amp to match my HE-60 and finding that it's 540v required bias doesn't play nice with my Mjolnir Carbon, though supposed it should work with 580v amps as well. So I'm wondering if anye here has had success, or know of people that found good success, pairing the WEE with HE-60?
Thanks so much for any insight..

Feb 14, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #209 of 211
I use a Woo WEE for several years with Drivers with 300B and 845 Valves with my Stax Omega 007-MKII, and I have never had any kind of anomaly and / or operation.

Reading the article, it seems to me that the problem has been with the 009, which have New Transducers, thinner than my 007, and maybe this can cause probable problems ?? The other Stax L-700, which has transducers similar to 009, I use with a HeadAmp KGSS C.E., and I am very pleased with the Set Up.
I’ve been checking these out as well. As of now, I haven’t seen a single incident of someone saying there were any problems or damage. The closest is someone talking vaguely about his friend and guessing what might have happened.

But I do see a LOT of one vendor making statements of how their product is much better than another vendors. I’ve owned both, and had no problems with any of them.

Sep 20, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #210 of 211
First impressions of the Wee are positive.
Heavier than expected and build quality is also higher than expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back