We know your headphones... but what about your speakers?
Mar 26, 2007 at 12:36 AM Post #241 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by markmaxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With friends like us. It never ends!
icon10.gif

To supplement our own spending insanity, we also push others to spend large sums of money so that we can live vicariously through alternate spending methods.

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #244 of 290
A sub costs a lot of money for a very little part of the music imo...
wink.gif

But it shure helps if you wanna ROCK OUT!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small]See my sig...[/size]
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #247 of 290
Energy C-9 speakers hooked up to a Denon DRA-625R reciever (for now). They sound great though. That's a Denon PRA-1500 pre-amp sitting on top, but I don't have a power amp yet (looking) so I can only use it for my headphones ATM.
frown.gif

Play CDs with my Yamaha CDC-555, handed down from the parents. Sounds great to me so I think I'll keep it for a while.

Don't have a good DVD player, so that'll probably be my next purcahse, after the amp of course. Anyone selling?
icon10.gif

stereosystem01as3.jpg

stereosystem02dx7.jpg

The tweeter on the left speaker was crushed durring shipping. I think it was probably caused by the pressure changing during its plane ride. It still sounds ok, but the dispersion characteristics are messed up so it sounds more rolled off, and high freq sounds sound shifted to the right a little.

I'm trying to see what I can do about it.

Mar 28, 2007 at 1:06 AM Post #249 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetlag /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In case you were wondering, this is not how they are set up, it is merely a photo for my insurance company.
wink.gif

And I was so looking forward to making a wisecrack about that when I saw the photo, too. Talk about wrecking a man's dreams.
plainface.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #250 of 290
Here are some photos of a friends setup! I wish I had a place like that. He is an architect so he has them placed in his studio. He has both B&W 803D and Logan Summits. Amplifier is Gamut, cd player Marantz 11S1 and cabling Nordost Valkiria. The studio has great acoustics as well!

Mar 31, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #252 of 290
Nice... That's 20k+ worth of speakers already
biggrin.gif
Amps are around $10k? We're talking pretty big money here
wink.gif

Did you get a listen? How was it?

Did the 803D sound boomy in the bass at all? I personally thought it was, but it was probably the room (slightly too small).

I honestly thought the Summits were taller. The 803D aren't that big, so I guess the Summits aren't that big either.

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #253 of 290
I have just listened to the Summits and they were amazing. The 803D are his latest buy but I haven't been able to visit him after he got them (he lives in Greece). He sent me the photos to show me the new speakers and how he changed the room (he had everything setup differently last time). This summer I will have the chance.
icon10.gif
I would like to emphasize the importance of alcohol on the table.
icon10.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 2:21 AM Post #254 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice... That's 20k+ worth of speakers already
biggrin.gif
Amps are around $10k? We're talking pretty big money here
wink.gif

Did you get a listen? How was it?

Did the 803D sound boomy in the bass at all? I personally thought it was, but it was probably the room (slightly too small).

I honestly thought the Summits were taller. The 803D aren't that big, so I guess the Summits aren't that big either.

The Summits are actually quite small. The Quest Zs and Prodigys are both much larger MLs. Those are clearly a case of size not mattering though, I've heard amazing things about the Summits. I had a chance to hear the much lower line Claritys earlier and they were amazing, I can only imagine what the top of the line sounds like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back