We know your headphones... but what about your speakers?
Mar 31, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #256 of 290
Here are my MartinLogan Vantages:

P1020457.jpg

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #257 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are my MartinLogan Vantages:

P1020457.jpg

Nice speakers!

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they'll sound a lot better if you get them farther away from that back wall.

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #258 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some photos of a friends setup! I wish I had a place like that. He is an architect so he has them placed in his studio. He has both B&W 803D and Logan Summits. Amplifier is Gamut, cd player Marantz 11S1 and cabling Nordost Valkiria. The studio has great acoustics as well!

drool5.gif

I'll bet those B&W's sound schweet!

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #260 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To supplement our own spending insanity, we also push others to spend large sums of money so that we can live vicariously through alternate spending methods.

Exactly. If Head-Fi were AA, we'd be telling each other to drink MORE.

Mar 31, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #261 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimitris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here are some photos of a friends setup! I wish I had a place like that. He is an architect so he has them placed in his studio. He has both B&W 803D and Logan Summits. Amplifier is Gamut, cd player Marantz 11S1 and cabling Nordost Valkiria. The studio has great acoustics as well!

And all you have to drink is So-Co and Chivas? I would have droped the Nordost for some good scotch.
icon10.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #263 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice speakers!

I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts they'll sound a lot better if you get them farther away from that back wall.

No doubt! Right now, and for the next few months, the speakers have to occupy a temporary position in our master bedroom. Eventually, I'll have the freedom to properly position them.

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #264 of 290
Nice setup!

One more thing: does the plasma/LCD not become a source of unwanted reflections? I thought one of the golden rules of stereo setup is to place your speakers as far forward away from the screen as possible. Do you have a blanket you could put over the TV? Accompanied with you moving the speakers away from the wall, I think they'll be capable of some seriously deep, three dimensional soundstage
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 7:52 PM Post #265 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice setup! One more thing: does the plasma/LCD not become a source of unwanted reflections? I thought one of the golden rules of stereo setup is to place your speakers as far forward away from the screen as possible.

The current set-up isn't ideal. Actually, it's worse than it looks, since my only listening position is on the bed! We're building on to our house and eventually that room will become a dedicated listening area. Then, I'll have virtually no limitations on placement.

Having said that, the Vantages (with an Accoustic Arts cdp, a Cary SLP-98 pre-amp and Pass Labs amp) are truly amazing speakers even in less than ideal conditions. I am just totally in love with the Martin Logan sound signature.

Mar 31, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #268 of 290
They sure do look nice, I'd love to hear them!

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #269 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by bahamaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am just totally in love with the Martin Logan sound signature.

I would imagine so coming from OII's. Bahamawoman will never get you out of the new dedicated media room. It's a beautiful system Rob, congrats!
cool.gif

digitalmind those are gorgeous! A fellow Head-Fier has even asked me to reproduce that finish on his project, and sent me your pic as an example.
I really expected to see inflatable speakers in your system though.
tongue.gif

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:35 AM Post #270 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would imagine so coming from OII's. Bahamawoman will never get you out of the new dedicated media room. It's a beautiful system Rob, congrats!
cool.gif

Thanks, Steve. We'd love to have you drop by anytime you find yourself in the DFW area!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back