Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 13, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #6,046 of 14,274
I've been checking out the Stowas lately and definitely settled on purchasing one (maybe will get a Lum-tec in the future).  I'm just looking for a forum that has info on the different models and intracacies of each piece.  Anyone know where I can see discussions about the Stowa watches?

Jun 13, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #6,048 of 14,274

Quote:
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/

Thanks so much!  I've been reading a lot from there.

I'm trying to decide between an Antea KS and Antea 365.  My biggest concern is that I have a small wrist (~6.25'' circumference) and am afraid that the Antea's will look too big on me.  I've checked Stowa's website and it seems there is only a 1.0mm difference in the diameters of the KS and 365, so I'm not too concerned about the diameter of the faces.  What gets me is that the KS is much thinner than the 365.  I prefer the 365 since it is automatic and has the date feature.  However if the 365 is going to look cumbersome on my wrists than I'll definitely get the KS.  If anyone has experience with the Antea's please chime in!

Jun 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #6,049 of 14,274
I've got a 6" wrist and an Antea KS. It's amazing.

No idea what the 365 looks like on my wrist, but the KS is just about right.

Edit: Wait, you're in Rochester? Woah, I go to RIT! Cool.

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #6,051 of 14,274
Jun 15, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #6,053 of 14,274
seiko-watches1-300x280.jpg

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #6,055 of 14,274
Decided I was done buying more battery watches, and not thrilled about having winders in my house, so picked this up few months ago...

Definitely the most garish, pimped-out timepiece in the collection, but variety is always good.

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #6,056 of 14,274
Wow, it doesn't get any busier than that! Not my style, but it looks well built :)

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:24 PM Post #6,057 of 14,274
I recently picked up my first Swiss automatic - a Hamilton Khaki King. I bought it second hand off the WUS forums. This is the same watch that Hugh Laurie wore on House (not the reason I bought it, just a coincidence 
biggrin.gif
 http://watchesinmovies.info/tv/house-m-d-2004/). 

I was looking for the brown leather strap version, but the one I found on WUS was the steel bracelet. I figured I could just buy the leather strap later, but The Swatch Group charges $85 shipped for that thing. Too much.

Fortunately, I saw that International Watchman sells a shell cordovan strap for $15 that looks almost exactly like the Hamilton strap:

Stock Hamilton Khaki King photo:

My watch with the IW strap (bad lighting, but strap is the same color essentially)

The prices are so nice there so I picked up two other leather straps and this Kevlar style strap for my Orient diver:

I think the Orient looks better on this than with the stock bracelet, Bond NATO, and Maratac Desert Tan Zulu I have. It has a cool looking texture and I like that it retains water proofing unlike a leather strap. I know West Coast Time also sells these kevlar style straps.   

Has anyone here bought a NATO or Zulu from International Watchman? I want to try one of theirs because they're inexpensive, but I'm concerned the quality won't be up to par with Maratac. Although from their photos, it appears the rings are stitched in just like Maratac, not heat-sealed like the cheap Chinese made straps you find on eBay.    

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #6,058 of 14,274
Yeah, it's gadgety as all get-out, but man is it functional, and built like a tank.  I spend a fair bit of time mocking up lighting designs at night, and the dial couldn't be easier to read.  Night glow lasts forever.  Plus, there's nothing cooler than flying back east, changing the watch's time zone, and getting to watch the hands move to the new time
normal_smile%20.gif
  I actually sold my Tag Heuer after getting this baby.

Jun 16, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #6,060 of 14,274

Here is the Antea KS on a 6.25" wrist. The slim bezel and white dial really make the watch wear larger than it really is, but as you can see it looks fine here! I'm not a fan of the lugs, a bit spartan for my taste, but this watch is up there when it comes to timeless beauty.

Quote:
Thanks so much!  I've been reading a lot from there.

I'm trying to decide between an Antea KS and Antea 365.  My biggest concern is that I have a small wrist (~6.25'' circumference) and am afraid that the Antea's will look too big on me.  I've checked Stowa's website and it seems there is only a 1.0mm difference in the diameters of the KS and 365, so I'm not too concerned about the diameter of the faces.  What gets me is that the KS is much thinner than the 365.  I prefer the 365 since it is automatic and has the date feature.  However if the 365 is going to look cumbersome on my wrists than I'll definitely get the KS.  If anyone has experience with the Antea's please chime in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back