Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 16, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #6,076 of 14,276
Oh what have I done!! To put this in perspective I own a lovely Rolex Milgauss, Omega Constellation double Eagle, vintage Bulova accutron, Tissot Ttouch, Couple of Citizens including the 2100, Seiko orange Monster, Timex and a couple of master of G Gshocks and now I have added this to the collection :eek:

In one of those eBay madness moments that we all succumb to I put in a bid for this, I have no idea what I was thinking of, I am simply not the type of person who wears watches like this or jewellery but there it is and it is on it's way as I type. Hundreds of CZ's and gold plated SS and Japanese quartz movement. I suppose Halloween is not far off :blink:

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #6,078 of 14,276
Jun 17, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #6,080 of 14,276

Quote:
Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

BTW I placed my order and my IWC should be here in a week or so :)

Congrats! You will have to post pics...
But you knew that.
wink_face.gif

Jun 18, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #6,081 of 14,276
@Mher6:  I have tried the same Antea that vagarach has on and I have a small wrist...

The Antea below seemed the "proper" size for me in diameter.  I think it was okay in thickness but it is a wholly different style than Nomos in that the case is quite cylindrical and as such (with sharp edges) looks much thicker than the Nomos (which I compared side-by-side) due to the Nomos having a curved back that hides much of the depth.

Trying the Antea, it didn't look "thin" by any means, but it didn't look "strangely" thick either.   

Quote:

Here is the Antea KS on a 6.25" wrist. The slim bezel and white dial really make the watch wear larger than it really is, but as you can see it looks fine here! I'm not a fan of the lugs, a bit spartan for my taste, but this watch is up there when it comes to timeless beauty.

Quote:
Thanks so much!  I've been reading a lot from there.

I'm trying to decide between an Antea KS and Antea 365.  My biggest concern is that I have a small wrist (~6.25'' circumference) and am afraid that the Antea's will look too big on me.  I've checked Stowa's website and it seems there is only a 1.0mm difference in the diameters of the KS and 365, so I'm not too concerned about the diameter of the faces.  What gets me is that the KS is much thinner than the 365.  I prefer the 365 since it is automatic and has the date feature.  However if the 365 is going to look cumbersome on my wrists than I'll definitely get the KS.  If anyone has experience with the Antea's please chime in!

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #6,082 of 14,276
@Shane, I like it! 
tongue_smile.gif

Haven't got this yet it's set to be released next month.
snyper-one-watch-1.jpg

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #6,083 of 14,276
Re: Rolex:

That's how used Rolex hold their value. You buy them and 10 years later yo can still nearly sell them for the purchase price (well, ok, 20% off maybe depending on model) they really keep their value due to this even used.

Jun 18, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #6,084 of 14,276
1001---1.jpg

Pansar Moonracer Chrono

Pretty awesome look and well built. Sapphire, 44mm, Seiko quartz movement. Too bad it's way above my price range at just under $900 (620.90 Euro).

Comes with a Pelican case and extra strap:

1001---4.jpg

Jun 18, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #6,086 of 14,276
Jun 19, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #6,087 of 14,276

Quote:
Pansar Moonracer Chrono

Pretty awesome look and well built. Sapphire, 44mm, Seiko quartz movement. Too bad it's way above my price range at just under $900 (620.90 Euro).

Comes with a Pelican case and extra strap:

This is the same watch I chose as my favorite Pansar for the WatchUSeek give away. I've entered every single one of the give aways so far and I really hope I win that one. 
smile.gif

For everyone who didn't win the Laco give away, Laco is offering 20% off plus free shipping at their online store. 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to take advantage of the offer and get either the Pilot Type A or Type B (entry Miyota versions).

Which one do you guys think I should get?

Type A - https://shop.laco.de/en/Pilot-Watch/Pilot-Miyota-Typ-A-brown1.html

Type B - https://shop.laco.de/en/Pilot-Watch/Pilot-Miyota-Type-B-brown.html

Jun 19, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #6,090 of 14,276

This is the same watch I chose as my favorite Pansar for the WatchUSeek give away. I've entered every single one of the give aways so far and I really hope I win that one. 
smile.gif

For everyone who didn't win the Laco give away, Laco is offering 20% off plus free shipping at their online store. 

I'm pretty sure I'm going to take advantage of the offer and get either the Pilot Type A or Type B (entry Miyota versions).

Which one do you guys think I should get?

Type A - https://shop.laco.de/en/Pilot-Watch/Pilot-Miyota-Typ-A-brown1.html

Type B - https://shop.laco.de/en/Pilot-Watch/Pilot-Miyota-Type-B-brown.html

I also chose it for the giveaway, but honestly any of the Pansar watches would be great. I've only entered 5 of the giveaways because I've only wanted 5 of them so far. Really wish they would pick winners on the 4 they closed yesterday.

As for your choice, just depends on if you want the hour subdial with minutes outside or just hours and no minutes indication. I'd choose the first one if it were me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back