Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 16, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #5,597 of 14,276

Quote:
@ npdang. Spectacular collection.
Blancpain, Breguet... brilliant !
Truly admirable. A man of great taste indeed.

Do you still have the Breguet?

(Also... much as I love the pens... there is a pen-fi forum)
wink_face.gif

Oops, Got carried away, sorry about that
blink.gif
! Where is the pen section, I must be having a senior moment, I can't find it!

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #5,598 of 14,276

Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif

blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/204313/pen-fi-fps-rbs-bps-etc-56k-warning/1245#post_7204313

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:59 AM Post #5,599 of 14,276

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

wink_face.gif

blink.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/204313/pen-fi-fps-rbs-bps-etc-56k-warning/1245#post_7204313

Ahh, thank you so much, I have bookmarked the page!

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #5,602 of 14,276
Reverso's are so cool!

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #5,603 of 14,276
^Ahh, the Daytona...Lovely! I was trying on the yellow gold. leather strap version this weekend, the one with the cream arabic dial and black subdials.. Loved it! I love the fact these watches have not been super-sized, it makes them elegant and comfortable and of course it contains one of the finest chronograph movements made, what is not to like!

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #5,604 of 14,276
The only thing that I don't like about the G-Shock and Pathfinders and other models like it (especially dive watches) Is that I don't want words written all over my watch. I feel it makes a nice watch look cheesey. By I will make an exception for the Pathfinders. I believe a watch is a statement and having words all over the strap, takes it down a class.

Part of maturity, I guess.

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #5,605 of 14,276
Petyout the White dial Daytona looks great on you! I think maybe i need more hair on my wrist to wear the white dial Daytona..seriously! I had 5 different Daytonas on my wrist in the last week alone but my wrist and the watch just don't work..on you they work though!

Excuse the following if I stated it incorrect, i am not a bone doctor dude knowledgeable on bones...yeah

http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gcaplan/anat/notes/ha5lf0726a_a.jpg 

I love how my Radius and Luna bones are formed to my Carpals, the two bones create a perfect "drop in"  fit so my watch just kind of snaps in place and does not move further from my hand if worn tight enough. I am so skinny that you can see the two bones ending at my Carpals if i didn't have a watch on but with a watch it looks as it is perfect fit to me. If the watch does get pushed away from my hand further up the Radius and Luna then it pisses me off until i re-seat the watch which is why I love deployments (i re-seat the watch 1000 times a day). Problem with rubber straps is they don't work well with Deployments though. The Milgauss 20/18mm bracelet almost never needs to be re-seated though and when i wear a NATO strap it well turn and bend so i can wear the watch almost on my hand...AWESOME!

Anyway the reason for all this is so I can ask where on wrist/arm do you wear your watch, up high like me almost on your Carpals or further down on the Radius/Luna?

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #5,606 of 14,276

The only thing that I don't like about the G-Shock and Pathfinders and other models like it (especially dive watches) Is that I don't want words written all over my watch. I feel it makes a nice watch look cheesey. By I will make an exception for the Pathfinders. I believe a watch is a statement and having words all over the strap, takes it down a class.

Part of maturity, I guess.

There is a solution!
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how-dye-yelly-g-shock-hoochys-idiots-guide-watch-dying-86046.html

Also you can use goof off I think to remove safely all the painted lettering on the rubber bits!

Here is a tutorial on that!
http://mygshock.com/wiki/Stealth_a_G-Shock

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #5,607 of 14,276

Quote:
Petyout the White dial Daytona looks great on you! I think maybe i need more hair on my wrist to wear the white dial Daytona..seriously! I had 5 different Daytonas on my wrist in the last week alone but my wrist and the watch just don't work..on you they work though!

Thanks. I am on the hairy side of mankind 
wink.gif

Anyway the reason for all this is so I can ask where on wrist/arm do you wear your watch, up high like me almost on your Carpals or further down on the Radius/Luna?

I wear my watch on the radius but the bracelet is loose enough that the watch can move up to the carpals

Jan 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #5,608 of 14,276

Quote:

Excuse the following if I stated it incorrect, i am not a bone doctor dude knowledgeable on bones...yeah

http://legacy.owensboro.kctcs.edu/gcaplan/anat/notes/ha5lf0726a_a.jpg 

I love how my Radius and Luna bones are formed to my Carpals, the two bones create a perfect "drop in"  fit so my watch just kind of snaps in place and does not move further from my hand if worn tight enough. I am so skinny that you can see the two bones ending at my Carpals if i didn't have a watch on but with a watch it looks as it is perfect fit to me. If the watch does get pushed away from my hand further up the Radius and Luna then it pisses me off until i re-seat the watch which is why I love deployments (i re-seat the watch 1000 times a day). Problem with rubber straps is they don't work well with Deployments though. The Milgauss 20/18mm bracelet almost never needs to be re-seated though and when i wear a NATO strap it well turn and bend so i can wear the watch almost on my hand...AWESOME!

I'm not a doctor either, but if memory serves, you meant to say "ulna," not "luna," right?  Watch out, that lysdexia might get ya!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back