Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 15, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #5,583 of 14,276

Quote:
Nice Milgauss and nice MB149!

What is the one at the bottom of the picture ?

The PFM is a nice pen. To be more precise, mine is a "800" model (also called the Dolphin) : http://www.penhero.com/PenGallery/Sheaffer/SheafferDolphin.htm

I would also like to get a "real" PFM

I have not seen that version before, it is lovely looking!

The one at the bottom is the 1926 Duofold senior special with a stunning nib! It is the original broad stub ultra flexible and a joy to write with. The senior special is a rare beast, it is the length of a big red but the girth of a junior, this one was made in Canada. I will try for better shots!

The 149 was purchased summer last year. I got it from a local fellow who had been given it as a birthday present in 1999, inked it once, flushed it and then put it back in the box and in his safe until he shipped it to me! All the paper work, everything. I love it and it has become my favorite pen to write with. The ink supply is huge!
The Nakaya was in exchange for a magazine article I wrote. It came from John Mottishaw (the famed pen nib tuner) and has his customised double broad ultra flexible stub nib. The 51 has a broad nibe as well, the 149 has a fine (but for MB that means medium)

Jan 16, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #5,584 of 14,276

Quote:
1000x500px-LL-11b0f445_DSC_0106.jpg

Got a link for this beauty???

Hi,

It's a Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Chronograph.  I believe it's discontinued but can be purchased used for ~$4k USD.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #5,586 of 14,276

Quote:

The one at the bottom is the 1926 Duofold senior special with a stunning nib! It is the original broad stub ultra flexible and a joy to write with. The senior special is a rare beast, it is the length of a big red but the girth of a junior, this one was made in Canada. I will try for better shots!

The 149 was purchased summer last year. I got it from a local fellow who had been given it as a birthday present in 1999, inked it once, flushed it and then put it back in the box and in his safe until he shipped it to me! All the paper work, everything. I love it and it has become my favorite pen to write with. The ink supply is huge!
The Nakaya was in exchange for a magazine article I wrote. It came from John Mottishaw (the famed pen nib tuner) and has his customised double broad ultra flexible stub nib. The 51 has a broad nibe as well, the 149 has a fine (but for MB that means medium)

I would love to see detailed pictures of the 1926 Duofold senior. Looks very nice.

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #5,589 of 14,276
SADZIK, I am a big fan of Gshocks and yours is a lovely one!
PETYOT, the Rad is my favorite of all the PAM's I have loved that cushion case style ever since owning a vintage watch of similar style from the 1930's (don't have that one any more)

Here are a few more shots, I am no photographer but they should give you an idea of the parker and the mottishaw nib on the Nakaya!

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #5,590 of 14,276
I have a variety of expensive watch, but my Pathfinder beater watch for work has been pulling multiple duties. I thing it is the 1300 series. Altimeter, barometer, compass, etc. But I find that certain nights, it won't latch into the Colorado Atomic Clock, specially by the finger lakes in Upstate NY (Rochester, Buffalo, etc,).

I know it's not necessary to adjust the exact time each morning, but I get let down when I wake up and see that it didn't synch.

It's a great watch for mountain biking, hiking and work. It's amazing how a $300 watch can give you as much joy as a $8000 one when the circumstances are right.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #5,593 of 14,276

The color of that pen is very nice. Nice calligraphy too!

Thank you, it is the classic big red colour. Also thank you for the compliment on my handwriting. Believe it or not that is my normal handwriting style but the nib on the Parker really makes a difference due to it's wonderful line variation!

I also agree how a $300 watch can give huge satisfaction, especially the G shocks. I have two, a mudman and a solar atomic limited edition.

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #5,594 of 14,276
@ npdang. Spectacular collection.
Blancpain, Breguet... brilliant !
Truly admirable. A man of great taste indeed.

Do you still have the Breguet?

(Also... much as I love the pens... there is a pen-fi forum)
wink_face.gif

Jan 16, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #5,595 of 14,276

Quote:

It's a great watch for mountain biking, hiking and work. It's amazing how a $300 watch can give you as much joy as a $8000 one when the circumstances are right.

the Invicta Skeleton i have (posted in this thread awhile back) amazes me all the time, not as much to wear it but just to look at the purty movement inside all ticking itself and stuff. i want to shoot a video of it under my 10x mag lupe thingy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back