Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #5,551 of 14,276
Thanks for the link...there are some pretty nice looking straps in there.

Here are a few I was thinking about...leaning towards the darker ones...they will run about $100usd from the UK...

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:05 AM Post #5,552 of 14,276

Quote:
Go for it, if you read this thread you'll know we love all sorts of watches.

(Also, my Stowa is only a $600 watch
wink.gif
)

yes, like headphones.  i love my dt231 just as much as my t1.... almost
wink.gif

Quote:
post pictures! this thread is about Watches costly or not so costly..rare and not so rare..who cares?

indeed.  this thread is "another passion of ours".  not how much money we have. 

Quote:
My watch arrived today...pretty nice. I'm happy with it. I was going to post pictures but I'll wait for another page...I'd hate for my $100 watch to be in the presence of watches that cost more than my cars.

if i have 100k to spend, i rather spend them all on a watch than a car
tongue_smile.gif
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #5,553 of 14,276

Quote:
Thanks for the link...there are some pretty nice looking straps in there.

Here are a few I was thinking about...leaning towards the darker ones...they will run about $100usd from the UK...

Those are nice, I just think I would have a hard time putting a strap on a watch that is not far off the straps price, if you are comfortable with that though go for it! The other thing you could do if you are handy is make one yourself. There are videos on youtube showing how to do it! That would save you a fortune and if you turn out good ones you could even make a little cash for the next watch purchase!!

Jan 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #5,554 of 14,276
^ I agree nice but the strap doesn't spawn any confidence. Too small I would say.

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #5,555 of 14,276
       Quote:
Those are nice, I just think I would have a hard time putting a strap on a watch that is not far off the straps price, if you are comfortable with that though go for it! The other thing you could do if you are handy is make one yourself. There are videos on youtube showing how to do it! That would save you a fortune and if you turn out good ones you could even make a little cash for the next watch purchase!!

Kinda what I'm thinking too...only way I can really justify putting a $100 strap on a $129 watch is that I would be able to later put the strap on a new, nicer watch if I eventually move up in the watch world. I already have sights on a nicer watch possibly for a college graduation gift to myself. I will check out youtube though...I think that making my own strap could be pretty rewarding if I can get one to come out decent.

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #5,556 of 14,276

Quote:
^ I agree nice but the strap don't spawn any confidence. Too small I would say.

Not sure I understand what you're babbling about 
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #5,557 of 14,276
Jan 13, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #5,558 of 14,276
Yeah...the guy actually makes them custom for you. You would have to provide him the measurements, style of stitching, color of the leather and thread, buckle style....so you would be able to get one to fit your meat hooks if you wanted.

http://www.toshi-straps.co.uk/index.html

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #5,559 of 14,276
Aw, this is superb 

- W.P.U, check the thread 
rolleyes.gif
 -

Jan 13, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #5,560 of 14,276
For some reason I thought you were in the UK(Senior moment on my part
blink.gif
). Being in the States, and a very nice part at that, Panatime are great for good quality straps at reasonable prices. I have had them in the past and was very impressed, I don't think they do 21mm however but you might get away with 22 and trim it very slightly with a razor blade!
Here is a selection of the 22mm ones.
http://www.panatime.com/22mm.html

Jan 13, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #5,561 of 14,276
@ npdang. Thanks for the back pics. And yes, the Lange is still #1 with me. That small rotor and overall decoration is just so elegant. Yeah... one day, maybe.

@ ArmAndHammer. Congrats. That Citizen is very nice looking. After the strap addition, please post some shots.

So in a week we've gone from Hello Kitty to Lange. Not a bad spread.
wink_face.gif

biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #5,562 of 14,276
Quote:
So in a week we've gone from Hello Kitty to Lange. Not a bad spread.
wink_face.gif

biggrin.gif

You can't really appreciate the high end of Horology without having dabbled in the low end
wink_face.gif
And I think I can state equivocally that Hello Kitty definitely represents the lowest of the low!

On the subject of spreads:

Ten years of watch collecting represented by the first watch my parents ever got me (the Pulsar) in 2000, to the latest watch (Raymond Weil) in 2010.

Quote:
bhd812 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

post pictures! this thread is about Watches costly or not so costly..rare and not so rare..who cares?

Indeed so! In fact, here's the latest piece that just arrived yesterday in the mail: (I've been running it all day and night to make sure it works and how well it works):

1958 (I believe) vintage Timex. Fully mechanical movement, and small to boot! At 24 mm across, it's downright petite! It's actually not for me either - my sister slipped during some rainy weather last summer and broke her fall with the watch she was wearing (an automatic Tommy Hilfiger) and did a number to the movement - it keeps great time as long as it's on the wrist, but won't hold a charge on the mainspring longer than an hour after she takes it off. She doesn't want to pay to get it serviced my my watchmaker so she uses it in the condition that its in, but I figure she'll like this when she sees it: it's smaller, which is a benefit to her as she is not the world's most careful watch wearer and the smaller profile will work better for her, the mechanical movement should be more robust than the automatic movement, and she loves Snoopy!

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #5,565 of 14,276

Users who are viewing this thread

Back