Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 12, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #5,536 of 14,276
Go for it, if you read this thread you'll know we love all sorts of watches.

(Also, my Stowa is only a $600 watch :wink:)

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #5,538 of 14,276
The more I look at it, the more similar the movements in the Stowa and the Patek look similar. Probably just because they are both hand wind small second movements. The Stowa is an ETA Peseux 7001.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #5,539 of 14,276
AP Royal Oak is my "dream" watch.  I really need to start putting money aside because other purchases always get in the way.

Not much of a watch person. I only plan to own a Royal Oak + an IWC and that would be all.  Glad I don't have a deep desire to collect watches :)

Currently, I am only sporting these.  Well worn and beaten.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM Post #5,540 of 14,276
^ For some reason I can't figure out if I like these or not....it's like the one on the left has a nice band, the one on the right has a nice face. Weird. 

Kudos Arm, loved the vids nice motion I need to take some vids with my phone 
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Darnit thought I was going to be the next page.

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #5,543 of 14,276

Quote:
the Patek and Lange would be my end all..when i get really old though. What do you wear on a daily basis? love the collection..what else do you have?

Sadly, I don't any of them anymore.  I would have to say that my favorite was the Patek 5116G.  It's the special enamel dial edition of the classic Calatrava.  It looks MUCH better in person than in photos.  I thought the hobnail bezel would bother me but it is really very quiet and discreet when viewed live.

This one got the most wear out of the collection:

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #5,544 of 14,276
^ For some reason I can't figure out if I like these or not....it's like the one on the left has a nice band, the one on the right has a nice face. Weird. 

Kudos Arm, loved the vids nice motion I need to take some vids with my phone 
rolleyes.gif

Edit: Darnit thought I was going to be the next page.

Trust me, you never won't be in the company of more expensive watches. :rolleyes: Not on these forums.

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #5,547 of 14,276
Yeah...I was very impressed by the A. Lange & Soehne so I decided to look them up to see how badly I can't afford one...I was right. Never in my lifetime. I think the cheapest one I saw was $13k up to $126k. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that.

Anyways...here is my intro into the world of watches...I am still searching for a band...the stock one looks alright but is a bit snug on my wrist...I can only get to the second hole from the end and that is a little too tight but I don't like being on the last hole. I found a guy that makes some very nice looking leather bands from old vintage military gear and another guy in the UK that makes some excellent looking leather straps...bad thing is both costs more than the watch...lol

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #5,548 of 14,276

Quote:
How did I not see that one it is nice wonder what's the price...

Referring to the Raymond Weil? Not sure what my parents paid for it (They bought it for me as a Christmas present), but I believe the same model and similar models are going for $500-$600 from vendors if you look around. I believe MSRP is closer to $1000.

Quote:
As long as you don't sell it later The Raymond Weil stuff is good to great for the money, I remember going bonkers over the line up years back in Vegas and ending up with one (posted in this thread awhile back). They don't have the name or history of most Luxury brands but the fit and finish along with the ETA movements is awesome. I would put them between Oris and Baume & Mercier in price, with B&M you get more COSC spec stuff though. Wear it and keep it forever as i tried to trade mine in or sell it in the past (mine is on eBay now again) though.

Oh, I intend to hold onto it! I think it's almost an alignment of the stars: the first good watch my parents bought me was a black faced Pulsar Chronograph 10 years ago. 5 years now, I've been looking for a chronograph that appealed to me as much as that one, and wouldn't you know it, its my parents again who find it!

Quote:
Thanks for all the kind comments.  Here is the backside of the above watches:

Stop posting your watches!!! You're making me want that VC more and more!

Jan 12, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #5,550 of 14,276

That looks stunning in real life!
I just did a surf of the web and found this site from Germany. The page should be XL length 21mm which I think is the lug width of yours!
http://www.watch-band-center.com/watchstrap-s852h19-Watch-straps-XL-21mm.html
Quote:
Yeah...I was very impressed by the A. Lange & Soehne so I decided to look them up to see how badly I can't afford one...I was right. Never in my lifetime. I think the cheapest one I saw was $13k up to $126k. I threw up in my mouth a little when I saw that.

Anyways...here is my intro into the world of watches...I am still searching for a band...the stock one looks alright but is a bit snug on my wrist...I can only get to the second hole from the end and that is a little too tight but I don't like being on the last hole. I found a guy that makes some very nice looking leather bands from old vintage military gear and another guy in the UK that makes some excellent looking leather straps...bad thing is both costs more than the watch...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back