Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 17, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #5,612 of 14,276

Very cool Reverso.  What's on the other side? 
beerchug.gif

USG

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:12 AM Post #5,614 of 14,276
Super fast news update to the watch nuts here..

Lum-Tec just released their 2011 upcoming model preorder on their site. go to the site and move your cursor over "collection" then over "upcoming models" to view them!

I wear their 2010 B13 and M24 watches to work everyday and i must tell you from my experience these are truly great watches! the timing is great and the quality is awesome..esp for the prices these watches sell at. The M24 does not have scratch on it and i know for a fact i dinged it a bunch of times (the case and bracelet is made of tungsten carbide )  and the B13 is seriously so comfortable and beautiful in life. I had both for a little over a month and the B13's Seiko SII NH15J  movement has never needed any time adjust yet but the M24's ETA 2824-2 needed to be readjusted because it was one minute fast. The best part about these watches is if the worst happens while you are wearing it. For example if the timing goes nuts one day, just send it out to Ohio and Ray (owner), Chris, and others over there will take care of you fast! Or if you accidentally bust the crystal on the watch, just send it out to Ohio and $40 later you have it repaired! I talked with Ray and Chris on the phone many times before and they always were just great people to deal with. I mean don't get me wrong these are no Patek killers but then again the repair and turn around time alone is worth looking at the line up.

in 2009 i bought their M17 for $500 new and to be honest i never had any luck with the watch at all, nothing bad with it really just got frustrated with the bracelet and the watch seemed to carry this weird bad luck when ever i wore it. In December of 2010 i sold that M17 for $600 (yeah how many times do you make 20% profit off a watch made in Ohio you bought new? ) and picked up the M24 then the B13. In that one year time between 2009 and 2010 Lum-Tec really upped their quality and bang for the buck of their watches. They put better movements, screw down crown, better straps and bracelets, better case, and better pricing. Since i wear these two now for work so much i plan on selling the Breitling Seawolf this spring. If i have to send the Breitling out to get repaired i am looking at $500 just for the overhaul without the price of replacement parts ( i fear the cost of replacing a broken Breitling Crystal!), Why risk it for a work watch when the Lum-Tecs are perfect for the job?

now i have to see if i can call production number 812 on the B16! woot woot!

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #5,616 of 14,276

Quote:
how does one go from all the watches you posted to a PAM 005? You my friend must love watches..every last one! Seriously do you even have a "Grail" watch?

What's wrong with the 005 ?

Yes, I do love watches, even my Seiko Samourai.

PS : btw, it is 318 
wink_face.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #5,617 of 14,276
Nothing (of course this comes from a man who has taken more pictures of his PAM then he took of his own family). Oh you got me on the Speacil Edition, then again is there anyway one could tell the difference between the 005 and 318 from a wrist shot?..I am asking so i learn your watch tricks for next time. sad part is i had to look up on the 005 thought to begin with, I googled  "Logo 111" and the 005 came up..darn!

that is a very limited PAM you have there..VERY NICE (Borat voice)!

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #5,618 of 14,276

Quote:
Nothing (of course this comes from a man who has taken more pictures of his PAM then he took of his own family). Oh you got me on the Speacil Edition, then again is there anyway one could tell the difference between the 005 and 318 from a wrist shot?..I am asking so i learn your watch tricks for next time. sad part is i had to look up on the 005 thought to begin with, I googled  "Logo 111" and the 005 came up..darn!

that is a very limited PAM you have there..VERY NICE (Borat voice)!

What PAM do you have ? As far as I know (but I don't know much) there is no way to tell the difference between a 005 and a 318 from the face, only the back is different (and maybe the movement).

Jan 19, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #5,619 of 14,276
I wear the Base 112. the story beihind the watch is really cute though. Short version is in spring 2007 I was looking into the 112 but couldnt find any local to try on (i never even seen a 44mm Pam before then). Later that year on 11 17 Immtbiker flew down for a Chicago headphone meet and i seen he had on his PAM 112, After trying it on i would joke with him after that about buying the watch. In june 2009 after one of my comments to him in this very thread "are you selling it?" he said yeah. When the watch came in i seen the production number was 1117. Not only was it my first Pam i ever tried on and the exact 112 i always wanted (painted dial, detailed movement), not only was the production number the very day i tried it on but 1117 is also my Birthday!!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!!

here is an old pic..

She is has a Brushed case and bezel unlike most 112's that are polished, I never cared to much either way because she is perfect in my eyes the way she is!

Jan 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #5,622 of 14,276

Quote:
My watch for tomorrow :

Of all of yours so far that is my favorite! An absolute classic. I can see you in a Ferrari 308GTC cruising along a Maui road!

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #5,624 of 14,276
^^ Stunning...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back