Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 22, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #5,629 of 14,276

Quote:

Careful you don't end up exposing your watches to too strong of a magnetic field!!  Never do that with a pair of Beyerdynamic T1, T5, or T50s!!!

Jan 22, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #5,630 of 14,276
When you wear your headphones like that, doesn't your watch get in the way of your nose and eyes 
tongue.gif
 ?

Jan 22, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #5,631 of 14,276
That was a very "timely" joke, but aren't you afraid you might "tick" somebody off?  Maybe we should "can" it.  
atsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #5,632 of 14,276
Wow, three play on words in one sentence. I wonder if that's a Head-Fi record 
smile.gif

I guess you can really "watch" time fly by as you listen your favorite tunes.

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #5,633 of 14,276
Yeah, well, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a bananna.

Two atoms walk into a bar and one says to the other; "I've lost my electron!"  The other atom says; "how can you be so sure?"  The first atom answers; "because I'm positive!"
<rim shot....>  

sorry, I just don't know what came over me...  
biggrin.gif

Jan 22, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #5,634 of 14,276

Quote:
Yeah, well, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a bananna.

Two atoms walk into a bar and one says to the other; "I've lost my electron!"  The other atom says; "how can you be so sure?"  The first atom answers; "because I'm positive!"
<rim shot....>  

sorry, I just don't know what came over me...  
biggrin.gif

I'm not even a mad scientist and I understand that one.. I must get out more
blink.gif

Jan 23, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #5,636 of 14,276

Quote:
Quote:

Careful you don't end up exposing your watches to too strong of a magnetic field!!  Never do that with a pair of Beyerdynamic T1, T5, or T50s!!!

Hey, that might have done something to my watch. The first day I had it, it was +16, now after 2 days, it's +9. The first night I left it dial up, while the second night I left it crown up, so it's not the only variable.

Jan 23, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #5,637 of 14,276

Hey, that might have done something to my watch. The first day I had it, it was +16, now after 2 days, it's +9. The first night I left it dial up, while the second night I left it crown up, so it's not the only variable.

I exposed my 007 t a magnet accidentally and it runs hella fast each day, tried a degausser and that didn't work, sent it back to Seiko for service, came back perfect!

Jan 23, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #5,638 of 14,276

This is not my image but one I found on the net.
I have used this method not only on my rolex but on all my other mechanical watches and it works great!

Using this method I never have to touch my rolex unless for daylight savings( mind, the rolex is only ahead by at the most two seconds a day anyway!)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/rolex%20self%20regulation/sgsims1/Rolex_Regulating_Positions.jpg 

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #5,640 of 14,276

what do you do if the watch is in a winder?

Not a lot!
I have a winder but never use it anymore. I would rather let my watch wind down and then simply wind it up again when I want to use it. I always used to have to adjust the watch after a week of no use on the winder anyway so I thought why bother with a winder!
G
The best thing for a mechanical watch is for it to be worn on the wrist everyday, even the most sophisticated winders cannot replicate the movement of the wrist. I have found my mechanical watches to prove more accurate when worn everyday, I guess it has to do with a constant temperature and movement. Also remember, a watch is designed to be worn on the wrist everyday. I think since watch collecting has become more popular the problems of regulation have increased!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back