Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Aug 12, 2010 at 2:27 AM Post #4,936 of 14,270
I could do that Sinn.  Nice. 

I don't think I could do Victorinox.  Not even on a knife.

Wow, I had no idea Junkers made a watch!  If it made that Junkers diver bomber squeel on the hour I would get one immediately!

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #4,939 of 14,270

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea Junkers made a watch!  If it made that Junkers diver bomber squeel on the hour I would get one immediately!

biggrin.gif

Unfortunately, it's not made by the famous Junkers company. The name is just licensed by PointTec, a German manufacturer of watches.

http://www.pointtec.de/

Aug 12, 2010 at 1:39 PM Post #4,940 of 14,270

Quote:

I know this is way below your budget (and not as prestigous as some other common German brands like Sinn and Stowa), but I'm enjoying this pilot's style watch by Junkers - 6270M-2. It has all the specs I was looking for: Titanium case and bracelet, sapphire crystal, Superluminova lume, ETA 2824-2 movement.. looks very similar to a Sinn 656/556 (I think the Junkers actually looks much better.. date is more clear, very readable dial, red seconds hand adds a lot), but for much less. If I had more cash to spend I'd have gotten a Sinn or Stowa but for cost effectiveness, I think I made the right choice. I posted this a few pages back so it might look familiar:

I never realized you could get titanium, saphire and an ETA movement in a great looking watch for such a low price.  It's now on my list of watches to consider!

Aug 12, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #4,941 of 14,270
Looking to get into the G-Shock world, so I put out a few inquiries for some used ones I thought were interesting.

Aug 12, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #4,942 of 14,270

Quote:
Looking to get into the G-Shock world, so I put out a few inquiries for some used ones I thought were interesting.

I once threw my G-Shock against a brick wall just for kicks.  Yeah it was fine.  I also found a G-Shock between the tread blocks of a tank out in the field.  It was fine too.

Aug 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM Post #4,944 of 14,270

Quote:

And....?

Aug 13, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #4,945 of 14,270
a good starting point for g-shocks is usualy a mudman or a GW-5600, they are usualy under 100 bucks and carry nice features, the newer ones sync to radio signals (check coverage first) and are solar powred (last around 6 months without exposure to sunlight)

then again, you should consider the size you want, analog vs digital, stealth vs normal (black numbers on clear or clear numbers on black) if you mind solar vs non rechargable, or radio sync vs normal setting.

Aug 16, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #4,946 of 14,270
Yea, there's so many different kinds. I ended up buying one off of a guy on watchuseek. A DW-8800 Codename ADMA. I thought it looked nice and liked the idea of the dog. I figured it'd be nice to give to my friend once I'm bored with it. I'm also getting one from a friend who doesn't wear his, don't know what model that will be.

There's too many different kinds, I don't know where to start, haha.

Aug 17, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #4,948 of 14,270

Quote:
I have this watch at the moment: 

Although I am tempted to buy this one: 

I love watches, as they are the one thing I wear 24/7.

I like 'em both.  Very cool!

Aug 17, 2010 at 1:29 AM Post #4,949 of 14,270

Quote:
I love watches, as they are the one thing I wear 24/7.

I can't go to bed with a watch on... unless I'm camping.  
wink_face.gif

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #4,950 of 14,270
Quote:
I can't go to bed with a watch on... unless I'm camping.  
wink_face.gif

In my old house, my G-Shock wouldn't sync unless I wore it to bed.  Don't ask me why.  Sitting on the night stand next to the bed, it wouldn't sync but on my wrist it would get the sync.  So, I got accustomed to wearing a watch to bed.  In my new house, anywhere on the second floor and it'll get a signal.

However, wearing a watch to bed really isn't the best thing to do.  Good way to get some nasty wabi and they'll get filthy with bed lint pretty quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back