Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #3,286 of 14,275
Dievas Flieger Timer- wanted a really simple watch

sorry for the terrible phone picture, plastic is still on because its not actually my birthday yet
confused_face.gif

11062009045.jpg

the stock photo is better though

dievas-flieger-2.jpg

Jun 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #3,291 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I concur. It's a little busy but still very readable, and it's got some fantastic features like that GMT hand.

I also think you should take a look at these:

I've heard nothing but good about them, they use a very well known and well respected automatic movement, and they're really quite a deal. No batteries needed in an automatic.

I'm personally quite partial to the styling of the green version:

This Bernhard Globemaster is wicked. It's a shame it's out of production. (It would have been too expensive anyway)

This would pretty much the kind of watch I am searching for. I like the Nighthawk, But i feel like it's uselessly large because I don't need/care for the aviation/pilot stuff around the dial. I just saw the Atessa and it's something I would buy right away if it wasn't so expensive.

I tend to prefer an Automatic, but fear I will miss the alarm function of a digital watch. Not that I use it right now. AHHHH
confused_face_2.gif
so much choice !!!

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #3,292 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Bernhard Globemaster is wicked. It's a shame it's out of production. (It would have been too expensive anyway)

This would pretty much the kind of watch I am searching for. I like the Nighthawk, But i feel like it's uselessly large because I don't need/care for the aviation/pilot stuff around the dial. I just saw the Atessa and it's something I would buy right away if it wasn't so expensive.

I tend to prefer an Automatic, but fear I will miss the alarm function of a digital watch. Not that I use it right now. AHHHH
confused_face_2.gif
so much choice !!!

I got the JDM Attesa and hopefully I can get a review done by early next week. It will make you feel like buying it more.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #3,293 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thats a nice piece! how old are mind me asking?

Very true. I always thought the Dievas watches were kinda cheesy looking, but that one is outstanding. Very, very nice choice my friend.

Jun 12, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #3,294 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very true. I always thought the Dievas watches were kinda cheesy looking, but that one is outstanding. Very, very nice choice my friend.

I like the Stowa Flieger a little better. Stowa has some very classic looking designs, but they are expensive. Airman Original - Stowa Uhren ab Werk bestellen und online kaufen The red color and the ribbed bezel makes the Dievas look a too contemporary for me.

EDIT: Also, you're gonna be waiting a long time for a Stowa Flieger too.

EDIT EDIT: I really really like the Stowa style, it is understated but very utilitarian. I think the Antea would make a great formal dress watch: http://www.german-watches.com/cgi-bi...showrub--antea

Jun 13, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #3,295 of 14,275
I didn't really have a budget and I pretty much just went for the Dievas because I preferred its looks. The Stowa does look really nice though, but I actually really liked the ribbed bezel because without it i think the watch looks simply too plain. I really like the bands they have on the Stowa watches though, might have to get similar ones!

Jun 13, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #3,296 of 14,275
My Watch and her ring....

ringandwatch.jpg

Jun 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #3,298 of 14,275
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey anyone knows the best place to buy leather straps?
I am currently looking at Watchstyle, looks like they are the most professional looking one I could find.

I am thinking to get a Champs-Élysées model from Camille Fournet brand.

thewatchprince.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back