Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 6, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #3,256 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good. Now, I can finally admit that I am a complete copycat and bought one as soon as I saw yours!
redface.gif

As soon as I saw it, I knew that it was the watch for me. My Submariner has been on Sabbatical since I've gotten it.

Heh! You got the Alpinist? Nice! It's an incredible watch for the price but didn't really suit me as well as I had wanted.

How's yours keeping time? This 6R15 movement is incredible... my Sumo is losing less than a second a day!

What I find totally shocking about these watches (the "Sumo" I have, the Alpinist I had, the Spirit line) is that Seiko keeps them as Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) only, and ships their worst junk to the rest of the world. These Seikos have the quality of a watch twice the price... I appreciate patriotism, but they'd make a killing on these in the states!

Oh, uh, if your Submariner isn't feeling loved, I've got no problem with giving it a permanent home... I'm totally sure my RS1 is of equal value...

Jun 7, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #3,262 of 14,283
Here's mine, Protrek is waiting for a new band, this is my second twincept protrek after retiring the first one.

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

Jun 7, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #3,264 of 14,283
Hello Guys,

I was looking at that Panerai Luminor GMT and made some research on the net. I found countless websites advertising replica watches and I found it quite tempting.

Does anyone have experience with fake watches ? I was thinking of buying one, but I didn't found a lot of info about these replicas.

Jun 8, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #3,266 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fake watches are like fake boo_s!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
Nice to look from afar but not much fun to play with!
redface.gif

Ouch! I may get banned for this.
wink.gif
But I could not stop my self.

I understand your comparison very well, Fake boo_s are effectively not cool to play with.

But still, I wonder if the mechanism of those watches is worth the 120-ish$ they sell them for.

Jun 8, 2009 at 2:05 AM Post #3,267 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why will it take 2 months to arrive?

It is out of stock at local dealer and distributor in US, it has get one from the factory or have one of the distributor outside US to ship it here. It is limited to 800 pieces per year.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:47 AM Post #3,268 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyotero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aye mate I got the seiko's and I love'em. The got delayed at the customs for a while cause I tried to be a smartass and asked the ebay-er to mark them with under 50$ value. That didn't work this time.
redface.gif

Also didn't want to post crappy cell phone pics because they ain't doin' justice with the watches, but erm, **** it that's all there is for now.
imageupload105797052.jpg

imageupload108720592.jpg

So thanks for the tip man. For 36$ each they're a bargain. I love'em. Especially the khaki one.
Still want this Police Twingear or one of those Honda Seiko's...
tongue_smile.gif

EDIT:bleh those pics... treat them as wrist shots and nothing more. this is how the watch really looks like
seiko7s2602j05military.jpg

Was the last picture yours? I wanted to know what camera did you used.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #3,269 of 14,283
And what model of Seiko is it?, it's nice.

Jun 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #3,270 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Guys,

I was looking at that Panerai Luminor GMT and made some research on the net. I found countless websites advertising replica watches and I found it quite tempting.

Does anyone have experience with fake watches ? I was thinking of buying one, but I didn't found a lot of info about these replicas.

Replicas are a total crapshoot. They're going to generally have a few flaws and rough spots, and often keep terrible time if they're automatic. Though, you could get lucky in that respect. If it's a replica chronograph, forget about that working properly. I've seen

One thing you should seriously be aware of though is that no matter how close the replica looks in comparison to a real sea-faring watch, it's not going to be waterproof and might even lose its seal in your shower.

Frankly, I far prefer a more reasonably priced watch that actually DOES match the quality of a more expensive watch. They're out there... Seiko, Citizen, Mark II (if you be needing Swiss).

My company of choice, of course, is Seiko. There's a very good chance that I'll end up with a Grand Seiko GMT as my "engagement watch" in a year or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back