Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 8, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #3,271 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHRIS7509 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was the last picture yours? I wanted to know what camera did you used.

No man. I wish. I borrowed that pic from some blog. Don't know what camera was used, but something tells me that with proper lightening u could use any half decent Point & Shoot camera to get similar results. I could be wrong.

The model is SNK803K2

Jun 8, 2009 at 9:02 PM Post #3,272 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh! You got the Alpinist? Nice! It's an incredible watch for the price but didn't really suit me as well as I had wanted...

That's why I was inquiring about your awesome choice in bands, it was exactly what I was looking for
smile.gif

Quote:

Oh, uh, if your Submariner isn't feeling loved, I've got no problem with giving it a permanent home... I'm totally sure my RS1 is of equal value...

Oh, you must have meant to type "6" RS-1's
tongue.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #3,274 of 14,373
Hey anyone knows the best place to buy leather straps?
I am currently looking at Watchstyle, looks like they are the most professional looking one I could find.

I am thinking to get a Champs-Élysées model from Camille Fournet brand.

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #3,275 of 14,373
i bought a bunch of straps from a ebay seller "official time" awhile back. love them for the price and will be buying more straps from them on my future watch also!

there are lots of places to buy straps..here is a list put together by a few panerai owners..it may help you find a strap for ur watch...it may!...or may not

STRAPS! A comprehensive list... - Watchuseek Watch Fora

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #3,276 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why I was inquiring about your awesome choice in bands, it was exactly what I was looking for
smile.gif

Oh, you must have meant to type "6" RS-1's
tongue.gif

Yup! Totally. However, I must insist that you only use one at a time, and keep them all in a pitch black room of my choosing. I will put them all carefully in this pitch black room.. then you just have to fumble around whenever you want that sweet sweet RS1 sound!

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #3,278 of 14,373
Quote:

Replicas are a total crapshoot. They're going to generally have a few flaws and rough spots, and often keep terrible time if they're automatic. Though, you could get lucky in that respect. If it's a replica chronograph, forget about that working properly. I've seen

One thing you should seriously be aware of though is that no matter how close the replica looks in comparison to a real sea-faring watch, it's not going to be waterproof and might even lose its seal in your shower.

Frankly, I far prefer a more reasonably priced watch that actually DOES match the quality of a more expensive watch. They're out there... Seiko, Citizen, Mark II (if you be needing Swiss).

My company of choice, of course, is Seiko. There's a very good chance that I'll end up with a Grand Seiko GMT as my "engagement watch" in a year or so...

Thanks for the insight. I am curently looking into a Seiko automatic watch (one with the 21 jewels mvt). I already have a citizen 8651 eco-drive watch. I am looking for a watch with a GMT hand that does not need batteries. It's gona be hard to find I guess.

Jun 10, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #3,279 of 14,373
Speaking of Citizen, my Attesa just arrived today. It's one beautiful watch! I was having second thoughts while the watch was in transit to Australia, but after I looked at it in person, I'm so glad that I didn't pull out.

Jun 10, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #3,281 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the insight. I am curently looking into a Seiko automatic watch (one with the 21 jewels mvt). I already have a citizen 8651 eco-drive watch. I am looking for a watch with a GMT hand that does not need batteries. It's gona be hard to find I guess.

If you don't need a traditional GMT hand, look at a Citizen Nighthawk. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had one that I sold. It's the only watch I've ever sold and I regret it (which is probably why I haven't sold any others). Its a very nicely finished watch.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #3,282 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you don't need a traditional GMT hand, look at a Citizen Nighthawk. I mentioned earlier in this thread that I had one that I sold. It's the only watch I've ever sold and I regret it (which is probably why I haven't sold any others). Its a very nicely finished watch.

I concur. It's a little busy but still very readable, and it's got some fantastic features like that GMT hand.

I also think you should take a look at these:
Review of the Bernhardt Instruments Globemaster

globemaster4.jpg

I've heard nothing but good about them, they use a very well known and well respected automatic movement, and they're really quite a deal. No batteries needed in an automatic.

I'm personally quite partial to the styling of the green version:

IMG_0743.jpg

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #3,283 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like I will get the PAM090 instead of PAM088. A local dealer find this and I can't wait 2 months.

You can't wait 2 months for something you're going to spend $5k-ish on? Awful female-shopping-at-the-mall mentality to have towards something that costs so much.

The 088 is so much better looking than the 090...it's not even close.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #3,284 of 14,373
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can't wait 2 months for something you're going to spend $5k-ish on? Awful female-shopping-at-the-mall mentality to have towards something that costs so much.

The 088 is so much better looking than the 090...it's not even close.

i really like the 088 but couple of my friends has it so something different 090 will be nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back