Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jun 13, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #3,301 of 14,283
Thought I'd get another few pictures in here of my Bulova Automatic, I've gone ahead and taken them with a real camera (as opposed to my phone's camera) this time. Excuse the blur if there is any, I'm a poor photographer :p

_MG_1614.jpg

I assume I'm not the only one who thinks it's pretty damned big for my small wrists XD

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #3,302 of 14,283
I'm getting Excited over the thought of the next piece! i have 7 different straps coming and a RHD deployment for the watch, i don't like buckles but rather have a deployment instead (perfect tight fit everytime with ease).
i really can not stand buckles actually, either your to loose or to tight..yuck!

all straps are Bull leather but two of them are Ostrich, i know but its fun to try something different.

Last Week i modded my Breitling Diver Pro rubber strap and cut it to fit the Breitling Deployment clasp i use on my Navitimer. been rocking out this way with my Seawolf and i must say it feels GREAT! been using the Seawolf almost everyday since actually
beerchug.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #3,304 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder which one is better - RHD deployant or Hirsch ones.

RHD, no question. It is much more secure. I trust them on $$$ watches more than the Hirsch models. I have three or four of them. I use a deployant on all my leather straps (well, almost. I have a few watches with signed buckles where it doesn't make sense to change to an unmarked deployant). Straps last much longer with the deployant vs a standard buckle and once you learn the easy way to put them on, they're much faster than a standard buckle.

Also take a look at Bob's selection of Di-Modell straps. DM straps are the best on the market, especially the higher end models with the loop anchor and aero lining.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #3,305 of 14,283
The Breitling Deployment is a pusher type, where all you do is push down and it locks or just pull up and it opens. the RHD i ordered has buttons on the side (like my Capeland S has on its bracelet or like many new Omega's have on their bracelets), where you have to press in two small buttons to open the clasp and release the lock.
i really like my Breitling push down but lets see if i like the RHD when it comes in and i have more wrist time with her.

most people who look into aftermarket deployments either want a single fold or a double fold also, may want to watch out for what the deployment is that your considering buying first.

i looked at Hirsch deployments but most of my searching of what Pam owners like came back to RHD and to be honest i think $90 is way to much to spend on a third party deployment.

Jun 14, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #3,306 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the JDM Attesa and hopefully I can get a review done by early next week. It will make you feel like buying it more.
biggrin.gif

Please no, I just brought a Audio-GD Compass and a pair of Denon AH-D2000.

After some research on WatchUSeek, I was looking into an Orient Automatic GMT CFE4002B. They can be brought for 170$ and it's a Japanese Automatic mvt.

I like the Vostok Europe Expedition too. It's more expensive than the Orient, but it looks better.

At any rate, I need a solid watch.

In my recent watch-quest-shopping, I began (discretely) looking at the brand and model of peoples watches around me. Timex is the most popular and people with Citizen watch are persuaded they posses the holly grail of watch making. This is kind of disappointing, I never get to find intelligent advices outside internet forums.

Jun 14, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #3,307 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxlord /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my recent watch-quest-shopping, I began (discretely) looking at the brand and model of peoples watches around me. Timex is the most popular and people with Citizen watch are persuaded they posses the holly grail of watch making. This is kind of disappointing, I never get to find intelligent advices outside internet forums.

I do the same thing, I always make a point to check out others watches. In my area most people have a Fossil watch, followed by Timex.

Jun 16, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #3,312 of 14,283
Phew. Finally, I just finished my review for the new JDM Citizen Attesa.

This is the link, hope you guys enjoy reading it.

PS: And yes Noxlord, you can kiss your wallet goodbye. Now if you excuse me, I have to go back to eating cup noodles for 2 months...
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #3,313 of 14,283
just plumped for the seiko wn-2 white/silver edition 'think the earth' watch, for my mother

if i like it when it arrives, i may go for the normal edition with blue globe, as i have always had a thing for globe/maps on watch dials, and especially one like this which turns in realtime once a day
tongue_smile.gif

tte_wn2_desk_clock_2.jpg

tte_wn2_silverset_grey.jpg

ThinkTheEarthInstructionsL.jpg

Jun 16, 2009 at 7:41 PM Post #3,315 of 14,283
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milgaus coming Saturday

Finally able to get it less than retail. Albeit -1%

When it first came out it was selling for 3 times retail
frown.gif

Where are you located? I saw few Milgaus at my local AD and they offer more than 1% off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back