Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Jan 25, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #8,523 of 14,276

$500k CAD would be one heck of a discount, around $402k US. Still well out of my price range. I could buy two of my house with money like that.

So you don't want to go halfsies with me on one?  
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #8,524 of 14,276
So you don't want to go halfsies with me on one?  
beerchug.gif

Sure! We'll each get it one day every week. The remaining 5 days will be used shipping it back and forth between us. 2 day shipping/processing to Canada is cheap at around $80 one way for a small item like this. I'm game! And on holidays the watch can be given a vacation and sent to an all-inclusive island resort somewhere in the eastern Caribbean. I'll just sell the house. I'm sure the wife will understand.

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #8,525 of 14,276

Sure! We'll each get it one day every week. The remaining 5 days will be used shipping it back and forth between us. 2 day shipping/processing to Canada is cheap at around $80 one way for a small item like this. I'm game! And on holidays the watch can be given a vacation and sent to an all-inclusive island resort somewhere in the eastern Caribbean. I'll just sell the house. I'm sure the wife will understand.

So it's agreed then!  I will list my home too!

I'll start looking for a 5 start resort for the watch to stay at when we aren't wearing it.  Also, I see absolutely no issues with this plan whatsoever.  

(Imagine the duty we would have to pay shipping it over the boarder each time!)

Jan 25, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #8,529 of 14,276
[td]1.[/td] [td]
 ​
[/td] [td]
 ​
[/td]​
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatpaulie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it's closer to $660k with the current exchange 
blink.gif

Just saw a special on the Swiss watch making industry, and they were saying that their currency has lost significant value compared to $USD and the €uro in the last few years
100 CHF = 1.14 USD currently, and they have held off increasing prices, but they have absorbed the increase as long as possible, and are going to raise prices.

Good for vintage watch owner staple models, bad for new purchases. 
eek.gif

I would have liked growing up in a land where I could have become a precision watch maker for a top watch company. It seems that in would be something in my wheelhouse.

A nice rosewood case for my eye loop, gloves, IEMs and DAP!
[td] [/td] [td]
 ​
[/td] [td]

[/td]​

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #8,530 of 14,276
It may be cheaper to charter a private jet each time.

If you two are selling your houses then may as well get a Mille for 1 million. Of course there is the Chan discount model for $733,000.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #8,531 of 14,276
I have about fifty in my collection. Here is what I'm wearing today.

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #8,532 of 14,276
Nice one, Mr. Rick. 

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #8,533 of 14,276

I'm really loving this PRS 516. Just changed the Swiss ETA g10 battery and maybe good for another 6 years or so. The PVD material is so scratch resistant and 40mm fits perfect.:wink:

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #8,534 of 14,276
  I have about fifty in my collection. Here is what I'm wearing today.

For those of you who have a sizable watch collection (I have about 25), how do you decide which ones to where, when?

I usually use my G-Shock on weekends unless I am going somewhere special, then I rotate my "nicer" watches on a weekly basis.
I used to use watch winders for the automatics, but I gave up on those. 

When I know I am going to work in a dirtier environment, or chance of getting it scratched on sharp edged equipment, then I rotate in
my other stock.
I don't want my babies to feel neglected.

Jan 25, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #8,535 of 14,276

For those of you who have a sizable watch collection (I have about 25), how do you decide which ones to where, when?

I usually use my G-Shock on weekends unless I am going somewhere special, then I rotate my "nicer" watches on a weekly basis.
I used to use watch winders for the automatics, but I gave up on those. 

When I know I am going to work in a dirtier environment, or chance of getting it scratched on sharp edged equipment, then I rotate in
my other stock.
I don't want my babies to feel neglected.

I wear mine in a strict rotation. I'm retired, and I wear what I want when I want. You will see them all here eventually.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back