Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics!
Sep 21, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #3,736 of 14,276
Milligauss?
Here's the real deal;

BALL Watch USA - BALL Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium*DM1036A-SAJ-BK

fullsize5.jpg
fullsize1.jpg
fullsize6.jpg

http://www.ballwatch.com/index.php?o...om_collections

fullsize3.jpg

fullsize4.jpg

Sep 21, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3,737 of 14,276
Quote:

Well said. Why would Rolex feel the need to cheapen their watches like that?

Because otherwise it looks exactly like a regular Submariner. A substantial segment of Rolex's customer base (not all, but a substantial segment) buys Rolex to show off how much they spent rather than because they're looking for top quality. It's a Vanity thing. People that spend that extra few grand want some visual indication of it.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:18 PM Post #3,738 of 14,276
All I wear is my Milgauss green crystal LV The rest of my collection has been gathering dust...

I love it!

I have been tracking it since its release but refused to pay 150% more than suggested retail as was the case when first released (and the months after).

Not sure if people think its fake. I really could care less. I love it

Most people are too focused on the edition 9 headphones I wear when commuting and at work to notice my watch
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #3,739 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by John2e /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I wear is my Milgaus green crystal LV The rest of my collection has been gathering dust...

I love it!

I have been tracking it since its release but refused to pay 150% more than suggested retail as was the case when first released (and the months after).

Not sure if people think its fake. I really could care less. I love it

Most people are too focused on the edition 9 headphones I wear when commuting and at work to notice my watch
smily_headphones1.gif

Milgauss*

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #3,740 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody own a Rolex Milgauss? I saw an ad in Wired yesterday and it struck my fancy. I think I might have a rep made.

I have seen a few Milgausses and they do look nice but I hate the second hand. The lightening bolt looks tacky to me.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:09 AM Post #3,741 of 14,276
I think my sister wears Milgauss too. She has other one but I am not sure what model the other one is.
I personally don't really like Milgauss, it looks like Seiko Spirit but some Spirit looks better.

Now if you excuse me, I have to change my Tshirt to Flame Resistance Armor that absorbs 90% of fire damage.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #3,742 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think my sister wears Milgauss too. She has other one but I am not sure what model the other one is.
I personally don't really like Milgauss, it looks like Seiko Spirit but some Spirit looks better.

Now if you excuse me, I have to change my Tshirt to Flame Resistance Armor that absorbs 90% of fire damage.

Heh. Nah, to each his own. I think the Milgausses are a bit small, although I like the green crystal one. The Explorer II is awesome, though. I just can't pull that off.

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #3,744 of 14,276
Milgauss? Here's what I found instead:

130-2.jpg

The Sinn 244Ti. 80,000 A/m magnetic protection (same as Milgauss, IIRC), titanium case and bracelet, and a COSC certified chronometer. Unfortunately out of production, but they're fine watches and I love mine.

Not a hater, but I'd never wear a Rolex. I think they look nice, but they're just too conspicuous. I don't want people to know what watch I'm wearing and I don't want the attention a Rolex would draw. Same reason my Montblanc fountain pen stays in the drawer. I like it well enough, but I don't like people noticing it. A Parker 51 goes with me 99% of the time.

On the other hand, if someone notices that I'm wearing a Sinn and knows what it is, that person will probably be fantastic to talk to.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #3,745 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milgauss? Here's what I found instead:

130-2.jpg

The Sinn 244Ti. 80,000 A/m magnetic protection (same as Milgauss, IIRC), titanium case and bracelet, and a COSC certified chronometer. Unfortunately out of production, but they're fine watches and I love mine.

Not a hater, but I'd never wear a Rolex. I think they look nice, but they're just too conspicuous. I don't want people to know what watch I'm wearing and I don't want the attention a Rolex would draw. Same reason my Montblanc fountain pen stays in the drawer. I like it well enough, but I don't like people noticing it. A Parker 51 goes with me 99% of the time.

On the other hand, if someone notices that I'm wearing a Sinn and knows what it is, that person will probably be fantastic to talk to.

I love that Sinn! What great styling!!

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #3,747 of 14,276
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milgauss*

Sorry for the spelling mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I hope it did not cause any confussion
rolleyes.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #3,748 of 14,276
It was my understanding that any Rolex with a Parachrom Blu hairspring was anti-magnetic. They are adding it to the entire line, I think. My Daytona has a Parachrom Blu hairspring that isn't actually blue.

Here's some research you can check out. I have an F series Daytona with thin hands and long minute markers at 27 and 33. Any fan of the Daytona should check it out! Here.

Sep 25, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #3,749 of 14,276
one of two Lumtec's i have on reserve is ready to ship, its the M17 Phantom..

here are a few pics from Ray Night..

M17538.jpg

m173538.jpg

M17538lume.jpg

the watch comes with a PVD bracelet, leather strap, and rubber strap.

here are some specs..

Specs:

* 44mm case excluding crown

* 24mm lug width.

* 316L stainless steel construction.

* 100 meters water resistance.

* Rare twin barrel 21 jewel vintage automatic winding Soviet military movement. Full restoration and service in USA.

* 38-41 hours power reserve.

* LUM-TEC GX MDV® luminous hands and dial.

* Quick-set date button.

* Heavy sapphire crystal.

* Double side anti-reflective coatings.

* Anti-reflective tint coating (M17 model)

* Diamond seal crown.

* Bead blasted PVD hard coated full case and bracelet (M17,M18,M19 models)

* 3 straps included, 316L stainless steel bracelet with matched finish, molded rubber strap with matched stitching, and leather strap with matched stitching

* 1 year limited warranty

will be a few weeks till i receive the watch and get pics up but i will when i can..yay!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back