Washington, DC./Maryland/Virginia Head-Fi Member Meet - May 18, 2019 - Gaithersburg, MD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #48 of 183
I am going to try to make both. I have a mobile roon server and cellular hotspot I will bring for the group to use and I was thinking of bringing Beyer T5P's and Utopia's, I could also bring my gen 1 auralic stack (altair/vega/taurus). I also have an aries and lynx I could bring if anyone is interested. I was going to bring my chord h2/a&k kann as well. I have a pair of tia fourte's i could bring if folks have extra tips.

Apr 19, 2019 at 7:41 AM Post #49 of 183
  • EC S7
  • ECP DSHA-1
  • Massdrop Sennheiser HD58x (per request)
  • Sennheiser HD580 (per request)
  • Sennheiser HD800S (modified)
As mentioned, there will be Cavalli Liquid Gold (Ken's) and Massdrop Monolith Liquid Platinum (mine). But my plans at this time are just to box up the Platinum for sale. It, to my ears, is not the best setup for HD800 - the two amplifiers I am bringing are a better match for that headphone.

Last, I will be most likely getting rid of HE4XX and Fostex T50RP. These are planar headphones, which I simply have no need for. I can bring these, if there is any interest. If I like the sound of my LFF Code-X (a modified HE-5) on the two amplifiers I am bringing, I may also bring this to the event.

Apr 19, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #50 of 183
I'm bringing my chord H1 & H2
Sennheiser HD820
Beyerdynamic T1 1st gen with cable mod with DHC Copper and Silver cable.
Westone W80 with moon audio silver dragon. if anyone have xtra tip,I'll let them try it.

Looking to sell my CHord Hugo 1 if anyone interested, and I may part with my T1 too if anyone interested.

Apr 19, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #52 of 183
Should we make a second event thread for the "pre-meet"? Sounds like it's going to be a bit bustling as well, and it could help to keep everything straight as far as who's bringing what and when.

Apr 20, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #53 of 183
  • EC S7
  • ECP DSHA-1
  • Massdrop Sennheiser HD58x (per request)
  • Sennheiser HD580 (per request)
  • Sennheiser HD800S (modified)
As mentioned, there will be Cavalli Liquid Gold (Ken's) and Massdrop Monolith Liquid Platinum (mine). But my plans at this time are just to box up the Platinum for sale. It, to my ears, is not the best setup for HD800 - the two amplifiers I am bringing are a better match for that headphone.

Last, I will be most likely getting rid of HE4XX and Fostex T50RP. These are planar headphones, which I simply have no need for. I can bring these, if there is any interest. If I like the sound of my LFF Code-X (a modified HE-5) on the two amplifiers I am bringing, I may also bring this to the event.

you modified your HD800s?

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #54 of 183
you modified your HD800s?
Minor change - most people who have heard them really do not notice any difference, particularly at meets. I believe there will be stock HD800S (one or two).

The only headphone I like stock is HD580 (with an HD650 cable).

Apr 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #55 of 183
Minor change - most people who have heard them really do not notice any difference, particularly at meets. I believe there will be stock HD800S (one or two).

The only headphone I like stock is HD580 (with an HD650 cable).

I had the HD800s, I thought it was great except for the upper mids could use a little more body. thats why I decided to keep my HD820 over it.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #60 of 183
I may bring my crap lyr 3, too much gear already...

Dont forget to bring cables.

EDIT: The guy that sale the amp unable to ship the amp till Friday...sucks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back