Want your personal opinion on interconnects and their effect on sound quality…
May 23, 2009 at 5:44 PM Post #346 of 426
Well I've been suffering months of placebo you see nick_charles, I pull out my custom power cord and use stock and I start hallucinating worse sound. I'm as crazy as people who imagine devils dancing on high buildings or people's faces upside down, it should be no surprise to you that I have occasional temper tantrums.

Give your honest opinion and shush.

May 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #347 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
arent they 100 dollars a set?
wonder how they compare vs wbt

Yes they can be a little spendy.
I have the Rhodium connectors. You could only really compare the gold ones.

0102ag.html

May 23, 2009 at 6:13 PM Post #348 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I've been suffering months of placebo you see nick_charles, I pull out my custom power cord and use stock and I start hallucinating worse sound. I'm as crazy as people who imagine devils dancing on high buildings or people's faces upside down, it should be no surprise to you that I have occasional temper tantrums.

Give your honest opinion and shush.

Well, let me tell you you have not been the first one to have suffered months of placebo, some people have passed years, and some would never pass it...

However some people have got away from it. Maybe you do some day... who knows?
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #349 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, let me tell you you have not been the first one to have suffered months of placebo, some people have passed years, and some would never pass it...

However some people have got away from it. Maybe you do some day... who knows?
biggrin.gif

And some suffer from years of ignorance. Especially those who beleive anything they read.

May 23, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #351 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And some suffer from years of ignorance. Especially those who beleive anything they read.

Yeah, that is exactly what some people suffer after reading your "impressions" on some cables, and then don't dig into the matter. And that is what you still suffer when you keep boasting about how ignorant you are. You haven't backed up anything you said with any data, it all comes from your experience and from trusting your ears way too much...

If I finished thinking all of this and knowing why cables do not make any audible difference in the equipment is because I searched for the information, I read from both sides, analyzed both sides and realized that one side does not make any sense at all.

People dislike the way you treat other members, and you still act like a bully. You have insulted me before and keep insulting other members when you dislike what they type.

Your case is pretty sad, because you are the ignorant type of person who thinks everyone is attacking them when they are saying something that differs from your opinion. And then whilst the others keep speaking to you in a formal way you decide to insult others in order to end the argument.

We know it already, you always want to have the last word, but I don't care, because i am not the one who is making a fool out of himself. The number of posts you have in this community says nothing about your knowledge. The quantity of headphones/cables/cd players also says nothing about how much you know about them, because you can keep fooling yourself no matter how many you have. Your tests can be flawed from the first moment. They can be biased so easily... If you don't know how they work and what are your limitations you can keep being an ignorant all your life and never find out. If you liked being ripped-off then go ahead!

But hey! I am not worried, I have already gotten further than you in this Hi-Fi world, and spending less than you, how good is that...
smily_headphones1.gif

As I said in this or other post, I at first was worried that by not using fancy cables I would be leaving some SQ behind. Now after reading more about your side and about my side I realize I am not loosing any SQ. Actually I am saving some money and reaching the same level as yours.

So keep up the "good work", and keep treating people like you do. Keep buying fancy cables and keep trusting your ears, that get older and older every day. Keep thinking everyone is wrong but you, that is the correct path...
beerchug.gif

May 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #352 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My question is...can you use Right signal + and left signal - to complete the circuit?

I understand that a each RCA plug is a mono connection Signal + and signal -. In the picture one coat hanger appears to be connected to one RCA plug, the other coat hanger appears to be connected to to the other RCA plug. ie. he is using two RCA plugs on the input

Would a cable work in this configuration...mini signal + (right or left) on one leg connected to signal + RCA plug, and signal - (ground) from the mini connected to signal - on the other RCA plug.

Doesn't each mono RCA plug have to be connected to + and -?

After looking at the pic again, I see your question. Normally on single ended systems (non-balanced audio using RCAs or mini plugs/jacks) the ground is shared between channels. Usually if you open a piece of equipment up you will see that the grounds are tied together at the RCA jacks. In the pic, it appears that there is one coat hanger going to one channel's coax and the other coat hanger to the other coax. If one is connected to ground, as long as both RCAs on plugged in it should be OK. If both coat hangers are connected to the signal conductors on the RCAs, I'm not sure what he's doing?

May 23, 2009 at 9:34 PM Post #353 of 426
Quote:

dumbassn.png
I just had to memorialize this.

1235180755_506_FT9269_jerk_store_called_.jpg

I had to remind you about this one
This one too:
Funny.jpg

No hard feelings
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #354 of 426
May 24, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #355 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by endless402 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonder how this works
Wire World - Homepage

My guess is one input , one output and two intermediate stagess. The box will switch randomly between direct in/out and in/X/out where X`is one of the two cables under test.

May 24, 2009 at 5:45 AM Post #356 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to keep insulting people because I don't give a ***** about those people. And I'm not going to participate in that stupid experiment for the same reason. I'm here because I am into improving my sound system, I'm not here because I want to argue with morons who show in every single post complete disregard for reason and logic and I've only felt like talking to them like the misbehaving little babies they are.

When you anti-cablers learn to behave yourselves and not do RIDICULOUSLY dumb THINGS like hijacking threads for your repetitive ******** maybe I'll take you seriously and answer your questions.

Hijacking threads? That's a tad rich. This is the SOUND SCIENCE forum. If you "don't give a *****" then get then get the ***** off the boards so that the people here who would like to have an intellectual, objective discussion can do so.

May 24, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #357 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1235180755_506_FT9269_jerk_store_called_.jpg

I had to remind you about this one
This one too:
Funny.jpg

No hard feelings
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Im not the one who joined the Dumbass club, nothing more needs to be said.

May 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #359 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jingo Lingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hijacking threads? That's a tad rich. This is the SOUND SCIENCE forum. If you "don't give a *****" then get then get the ***** off the boards so that the people here who would like to have an intellectual, objective discussion can do so.

A lot of anti cable people just don't realize that people like myself don't really care if your smart enough to include cables as a way to maximize the full potential of your systems (This is aimed at those who have not tried for themselves). This is because nice cables are really something you need to experience first hand to appreciate. Also having this experience, makes it very obvious that people who speak of placebo (and completely ignore subjects like shielding) and state that cables cannot sound different are unable to hear the differences, don't have equipment good enough to make the differences apparent or they are just plain old full of ****. I think if someone where to go back and look at all the people who discredit cables that they will fit one or more of those categories. I have also learned that these cable threads are not here for anyone to utilize in a positive way but merely an outlet for people who have a strong desire to vent hostility on other people. Why do I come here? Because all the absolutes the anti-cable speak of is completely preposterous and I love to take you clowns down a few pegs once and awhile. No one in the thread has proper equipment and knowledge to give anyone a definitive answer, that is all BS. Maybe you guys need to realize that some people, who have the proper equipment and want to decide things for themselves are going to hear the differences and other people will not. Test until you are blue in the face, do you really think your vein, flawed, and preposterous testing will ever give any sort of definitive answer to the cable debate or stop anyone from buying some cables they wish to try? You guys are just like all the people who get upset when someone says "Using the 701's with a portable amp is not a very smart thing to do", only with you guys you get upset with everyone who does enjoy nice cables because you don't have them and because you want to be proud of your equipment and you think the only way to do that is to bring everyone else down to your level with all the excuses you make for using your cheap **** cables. Anyone with a few brain cells can read this thread or many like it and realize that. Keep on making lateral moves to save money fellows, cause that is what you do when you swap out amps and headphones and never give good cables a try.

Just so we are crystal clear because you guys love to take stuff out of context, I consider a BJC a good cable, so can the elitist garbage.

You all have a nice day now, ya here.
smile.gif

May 24, 2009 at 7:55 AM Post #360 of 426
Quote:

having this experience, makes it very obvious that people who speak of placebo (and completely ignore subjects like shielding) and state that cables cannot sound different are unable to hear the differences, don't have equipment good enough to make the differences apparent

And what equipment would that be?

Quote:

Why do I come here? Because all the absolutes the anti-cable speak of is completely preposterous and I love to take you clowns down a few pegs once and awhile.

This is the sound science forum. The study of a current passing through a cable lies in the realm of physics. Any data obtained through studying this relationship should be quantified in absolute terms. This isn't preposterous at all.

The only "clowns" here are the ones who continue to blatantly show their ignorance towards any meaningful and objective science based discussion.

Quote:

you guys you get upset with everyone who does enjoy nice cables because you don't have them and because you want to be proud of your equipment and you think the only way to do that is to bring everyone else down to your level with all the excuses you make for using your cheap **** cables.

Oh dear. I don't know how anyone can have an ounce of respect for your opinion. Head-fi is really becoming bogged down with people like you who ruin this place for anyone who wants to have an intelligent and civil discussion. Quite a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back