Want your personal opinion on interconnects and their effect on sound quality…
May 22, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #316 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DIY'ers save a lot of money, they should make coathanger cables. and you are building a lot of BS on the assumption that coathangers sound as good as "a super-duper cable" and no comment from me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A coathanger might possess properties that make for a good cable.

You hypothesized that coathangers may make good cables. If you cannot tell the two samples apart them that would tend to add support to that assertion
wink.gif

Can you tell them apart ?

May 22, 2009 at 4:27 PM Post #317 of 426
I said coathangers might, it was a hypothesis but at least I didn't make all these accusations like you based on hypotheses. I already said several times it takes time to familiarize yourself with equipment and know what to look for. And I never tried coathanger cables so I can't say at the moment. Willing to try if someone can make me some for my ultrasone headphones.

One end has to be male 1/8 so I can insert it into the headphones, would be nice if it didn't have any bulky sheath that increases diameter of the cable for 1/3'' below the base of the connector so it can be inserted into my headphone. Would like 1/4 on the other end just so I can avoid any possible sound difference from using a 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. Length would be 10 ft. ideally because that's the length of my other cables, but any length is fine really. And no I'm not gonna pay aftermarket boutique cable price for it
tongue.gif
something under $20 total yes.

May 22, 2009 at 8:57 PM Post #321 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
as requested

very impressed with it , sounds pretty damn good (as long as you dont cross the beams!)

Get a patent and then sell the patent to ALO!!!

May 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM Post #324 of 426
Quote:

I thought it would be noisy but as long as i had it off the carpet it was fine.

I'll sell you 4 cable risers, for the bargain price of £1500, the green dye is made with squashed lepruchauns. lepruchauns, as we all know are skilled musicians, therefore there juice is transferred into the lids, this improving sound quality. Bass is deeper, treble is sweeter. Music with violins and fiddles become surreal.

tupperware3.jpg

May 23, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #325 of 426
Quote:

as requested

very impressed with it , sounds pretty damn good (as long as you dont cross the beams!)

Thanks for the picture of the arrangement.

Could we now have a picture of the coat hanger arrangement in use? ie plugged into equipment with the power on.

May 23, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #326 of 426
Got another set of these.....
Fp-106%20B1.jpg

Did the silver plated copper thing. What cable to use next to get another cool sound? Some cryo'd copper?

May 23, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #327 of 426
How do you expect that cable to work without a ground?
confused_face(1).gif

Is it mono?

May 23, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #328 of 426
The ground is the under the first screw on the left. Made 2 sets already with 16AWG silver plated copper. Nice sounding cables. Will make 2 sets of something else.

May 23, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #329 of 426
I meant the coat hanger "cable". Sound be damned, that is one ugly motha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back