Want your personal opinion on interconnects and their effect on sound quality…
May 23, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #331 of 426
Ain't touchin' that Motha ****** ! Like the Rhodium sound
tongue.gif

May 23, 2009 at 6:43 AM Post #332 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got another set of these.....
Fp-106%20B1.jpg

Did the silver plated copper thing. What cable to use next to get another cool sound? Some cryo'd copper?

arent they 100 dollars a set?
wonder how they compare vs wbt

May 23, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #333 of 426
The cable is mono , I split the recording into stereo using audacity, I set my soundcard to record in mono. I may build a second one for proper stereo. Audacity is amazing.

May 23, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #335 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's why the recording sounded so bad, I thought Gregorio mastered it or something.

Rather than insulting members why not report the results of your listening , were you able to tell the two apart ?

May 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #336 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerull /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you expect that cable to work without a ground?
confused_face(1).gif

Is it mono?

Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The cable is mono , I split the recording into stereo using audacity, I set my soundcard to record in mono. I may build a second one for proper stereo. Audacity is amazing.

Appears that the coat hangers are connected to each side of the former interconnect...which still asks the question...where is the ground?

Could you supply a close up and also a picture with this cable in use?

May 23, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #337 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Appears that the coat hangers are connected to each side of the former interconnect...which still asks the question...where is the ground?

I awoke this morning to an angry wife who had tripped on my cable during the night, the cable was in 6 bits and I will have to rebuild.

May 23, 2009 at 3:36 PM Post #338 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I awoke this morning to an angry wife who had tripped on my cable during the night, the cable was in 6 bits and I will have to rebuild.

Please post a picture of the bits before you rebuild...thanks...hi-res if you can

Mostly the old RCA end, a close up of the wiring would be nice

May 23, 2009 at 3:56 PM Post #339 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif

An interconnect (mono) only uses 2 conductors.. signal + and signal - (or ground). Shielding is optional and must be connected to ground at least on one end, but many interconnects are not shielded.

May 23, 2009 at 4:38 PM Post #340 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An interconnect (mono) only uses 2 conductors.. signal + and signal - (or ground). Shielding is optional and must be connected to ground at least on one end, but many interconnects are not shielded.

However isn't there a right signal + and - and also a left signal + and -?

Each RCA plug has signal + (center pin) and signal - (outside ring).

In the picture it appears that each RCA jack is connected to a coat hanger. can you use right signal + and left signal -?

May 23, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #341 of 426
An RCA connector is a mono connector, which is why stereo interconnects require a pair of cables (each 2 conductor; one R, one L). Otherwise, I'm not sure what your question is?

May 23, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #342 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_charles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather than insulting members why not report the results of your listening , were you able to tell the two apart ?

I'm going to keep insulting people because I don't give a ***** about those people. And I'm not going to participate in that stupid experiment for the same reason. I'm here because I am into improving my sound system, I'm not here because I want to argue with morons who show in every single post complete disregard for reason and logic and I've only felt like talking to them like the misbehaving little babies they are.

When you anti-cablers learn to behave yourselves and not do RIDICULOUSLY dumb THINGS like hijacking threads for your repetitive ******** maybe I'll take you seriously and answer your questions.

May 23, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #343 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pars /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An RCA connector is a mono connector, which is why stereo interconnects require a pair of cables (each 2 conductor; one R, one L). Otherwise, I'm not sure what your question is?

My question is...can you use Right signal + and left signal - to complete the circuit?

I understand that a each RCA plug is a mono connection Signal + and signal -. In the picture one coat hanger appears to be connected to one RCA plug, the other coat hanger appears to be connected to to the other RCA plug. ie. he is using two RCA plugs on the input

Would a cable work in this configuration...mini signal + (right or left) on one leg connected to signal + RCA plug, and signal - (ground) from the mini connected to signal - on the other RCA plug.

Doesn't each mono RCA plug have to be connected to + and -?

May 23, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #344 of 426
Haloxt I am on the same opinion with cables as you. I disagree in the name calling of the Head-fiers with different opinions.

May 23, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #345 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to keep insulting people because I don't give a ***** about those people. And I'm not going to participate in that stupid experiment for the same reason. I'm here because I am into improving my sound system, I'm not here because I want to argue with morons who show in every single post complete disregard for reason and logic and I've only felt like talking to them like the misbehaving little babies they are.

When you anti-cablers learn to behave yourselves and not do RIDICULOUSLY dumb THINGS like hijacking threads for your repetitive ******** maybe I'll take you seriously and answer your questions.

You should reread post # 1 which asks

Quote:

I want honest opinions on the differences experienced by switching interconnects. (Between the source and the headphone amp)… What kind of changes can be expected?

Call me old fashioned but "none at all" would seem to amply qualify as an "honest opinion" and one held by some members here. I maintain a rather skeptical stance based on actually having purchased and tested several different cables, but if I were to find audible differences I would post them here.

Having said that a test which then explicitly seeks out to see if there are audible differences between cables seems absolutely reasonable to me.

If you are concerned about the quality of the test samples I can provide a more carefully aligned and trimmed set of samples.

I fail to see why you are getting so upset about something so trivial.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back