Want your personal opinion on interconnects and their effect on sound quality…
May 24, 2009 at 7:07 PM Post #376 of 426
Easier way is to get some Tartan Cables (5 bucks or so) and make a cable completely different maybe even cryo'd wire and connectors with some gold, rhodium, or silver plating and listen to to hear the differences and to find a way to tailor the sound of your rig. You can get some wire from ebay and find some inexpensive connectors from DIY sites. Ask the DIY guys for a little help and you can make this a fun experiment.

May 24, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #377 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by haloxt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Believe it or not the accusations you anti-cablers have thrown at pro-cablers are so insulting most of us have decided to simply stop contributing (or contributing seriously) in cable discussions here on these forums. You think you have the moral high ground because when you keep hijacking threads while we're trying to have a discussion on cables we have the audacity to show our disapproval of your uninvited trolling always leading to your rants about objectivity? Keep patting yourselves on the back for being civilly superior, and keep your "society" to yourself, borg.

If you got offended with our comments is because you wanted to feel offended. We are not hijacking anything, you just feel attacked because you don't find a way to refute our opinions based on numbers and science. If you want to keep acting like that go on, I am not the one who is feeling frustrated or attacked (even if I am being insulted).

Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be the last person to speak of another's behaviour.

And who are you to determine who says what? The more you write the more I think you really are a bully. People have the same rights to write the contrary of what you say, if they have information to back up their claims.
You keep closing your eyes when we give you data (nick-charles tests, the post in my signature, ....), and you keep trusting your ears as if they were perfect hearing instruments.

Anyways, as I see we will not get any point, and you "pro-cables" will keep feeling attacked, keep showing the respect you show to other members, haloxt and olblueyez, I will read this thread from time to time to have some laughs.

You two are so tolerant they should give you an award... (irony, just in case you don't follow...)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Note: I know I am sometimes (very often
biggrin.gif
) too ironic (even sarcastic), but I can't understand their reactions for such a little thing... I have some laughs with this too, it is better than getting frustrated
biggrin.gif
It also shows you how easy is to find flaws in their experience with cables.

May 24, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #379 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you got offended with our comments is because you wanted to feel offended. We are not hijacking anything, you just feel attacked because you don't find a way to refute our opinions based on numbers and science. If you want to keep acting like that go on, I am not the one who is feeling frustrated or attacked (even if I am being insulted).

And who are you to determine who says what? The more you write the more I think you really are a bully. People have the same rights to write the contrary of what you say, if they have information to back up their claims.
You keep closing your eyes when we give you data (nick-charles tests, the post in my signature, ....), and you keep trusting your ears as if they were perfect hearing instruments.

Anyways, as I see we will not get any point, and you "pro-cables" will keep feeling attacked, keep showing the respect you show to other members, haloxt and olblueyez, I will read this thread from time to time to have some laughs.

You two are so tolerant they should give you an award... (irony, just in case you don't follow...)
very_evil_smiley.gif

Note: I know I am sometimes (very often
biggrin.gif
) too ironic (even sarcastic), but I can't understand their reactions for such a little thing... I have some laughs with this too, it is better than getting frustrated
biggrin.gif
It also shows you how easy is to find flaws in their experience with cables.

I never said I was supposed to determine who says what. Welcome to Reading Is Fundamental

May 24, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #380 of 426
Quote:

Look at the title of this thread.

Already answered to the thread in one of the first pages and gave my reasons why I have that opinion. It is believers who feel attacked and start insulting others.

May 24, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #381 of 426
Why don't you shut up after answering to the thread?

As for being insulted, I'm not really insulted. I think people should be allowed to think what they want, what I don't like is you anti-cablers keep bothering us when we don't want to see you OFFTOPIC.

Can an admin change the title of this thread to "Drunken Cable Brawlfest" then it won't be offtopic anymore.

May 24, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #382 of 426
lol, I don't get why you get so angry... It is quite irrational if you ask me.

You are not insulted (at least by me), but you take my words (and others) as an insult, hence your answers.

Anyways, no wonder you act like that... living in wonderland must not be so wonderful...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #383 of 426
I don't feel insulted but I do feel angry. No matter how you anti-cablers rationalize it, you simply aren't wanted in threads such as this one. Leave us the hell alone to our placebo please, thanks.

May 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #384 of 426
Quote:

I don't feel insulted but I do feel angry. No matter how you anti-cablers rationalize it, you simply aren't wanted in threads such as this one. Leave us the hell alone to our placebo please, thanks.

?
popcorn.gif

Go on...

May 24, 2009 at 10:05 PM Post #385 of 426
Don't think this thread would be any good without the contrasting opinions. Would be very boring with the same people "blowing wind up my skirt". Just need a little more than that.
tongue_smile.gif
tongue_smile.gif

May 24, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #386 of 426
That's like saying a home wouldn't be so lonely if you didn't have chicken pets running around after your adopting the chicken pets caused the wife and kids to abandon you.

May 24, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #387 of 426
1874251983ea986573d3.jpg

Anti-cable people are nothing but a bunch of sniveling babies because they don't have nice cables, so they go around telling everyone how they know for sure that cables cant make a difference. Just like some guy with a Chevy in his driveway bad mouthing his neighbors Cadillac and moaning about how he saved so much money buying the Chevy and what a moron his neighbor is for buying the Caddy. That perfectly describes about 95 percent of the anti- cable people. The rest don't have equipment worth adding nice cables to, or they are just plain ol deaf.

No one says it but we all know its true. Why else would a bunch of people with no experience and no technical background flap their gums about stuff they could not possibly know anything about?

May 25, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #388 of 426
Seriously. This is a hobby for me. Seems to me some people have "something to lose" or some kind of stake in things here. I think cables can produce a difference by changes in capacitance and that's about it. Mostly all the fancy **** is hocus pocus bs. I think, as I stated earlier, that a particle physicist could easily have the last word and you could trust it. I would love to hear it.

Really, life goes on one way or the other...WGAS? It's a hobby and I have no stake in whether someone believes what I believe or not. Can't speak for anyone else but it is obvious that there are some with a vested interest in keeping the money flowing.

The audio business also seems to be full of greasy palms. There are tons of over-educated fools spitting out flowery sounding verbage praising this or that when you know they are on the payroll somewhere. It took me some time but I finally caught on. Whores. I hate mf's like that...you can't trust 'em. I don't like people that I can't trust what they're saying. Bunches of them here at HF.

Why take it all so seriously?

olblue your posting style and attitude so closely matches another estrogen enriched member...I would love to see the ip logs.

May 25, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #389 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeToad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously. This is a hobby for me. Seems to me some people have "something to lose" or some kind of stake in things here. I think cables can produce a difference by changes in capacitance and that's about it. Mostly all the fancy **** is hocus pocus bs. I think, as I stated earlier, that a particle physicist could easily have the last word and you could trust it. I would love to hear it.

Really, life goes on one way or the other...WGAS? It's a hobby and I have no stake in whether someone believes what I believe or not. Can't speak for anyone else but it is obvious that there are some with a vested interest in keeping the money flowing.

The audio business also seems to be full of greasy palms. There are tons of over-educated fools spitting out flowery sounding verbage praising this or that when you know they are on the payroll somewhere. It took me some time but I finally caught on. Whores. I hate mf's like that...you can't trust 'em. I don't like people that I can't trust what they're saying. Bunches of them here at HF.

Why take it all so seriously?

olblue your posting style and attitude so closely matches another estrogen enriched member...I would love to see the ip logs.

Why not tell us who it is so we can tell you what you thinkyou know is bull? You dont have to go makin stuff up because I spoke the truth and hit a nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back