Want your personal opinion on interconnects and their effect on sound quality…
May 25, 2009 at 8:14 AM Post #392 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You will have to wait till Wednesday. My amp is on its way from Skokie to me here in Va.

newpicturek.png

http://img399.imageshack.us/ifs/6731.../2/028cxp8.jpg

Quote:

Oldblueyez can you post a photo of your system please, maybe with a postit with your name on it next to it .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Man of Genius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No answer to the coat hanger test.
Hilarious.

You guys are not very smart are you? Didnt I tell everyone its all about what these guys dont have?

May 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #395 of 426
Quote:

Just to the left of the RSA powersupply.

Any other stupid questions? Just because you guys are full of it doesnt mean everyone else is.

Dont see your post it anywhere?

May 25, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #399 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is the single funniest thing you have ever done on head-fi.

Thanks, sorry it was at your expense. Listen dude, this bickering is getting old. Why not lets call a truce and both of us agree to disagree on cables, Nick and I have an arrangement like that and it works well.
wink.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM Post #400 of 426
Quote:

img025q.jpg

That work for you?

This is simply the greatest post of all time... a masterpiece... OB here is all class, I am glad he is here setting you morons straight because it saves me a lot of effort and in the process makes it immensely entertaining... You truly earnt my respect with that one OB... hehehehe!!! CLASSIC.

May 25, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #401 of 426
I rather ditch that picture and all of us get along but its just a joke. One problem with the cable threads is the fact that your equipment needs to be at a certain level to disearn the difference between cables but so many people confuse that statement with "Mine is better than yours". I truely dont feel that way at all. I think people should be happy with what they have be it an iPod with some Yuin's or a Blue Hawaii with some 4000 dollar stax headphones. My only motive for posting here is to share what I have learned and to obtain knowledge when I need it. I do get pissed at some of the posts in the cables threads, so I like to fight the battle for cables because they made a big difference for me and I think its a shame if people dont get to decide for themselves.
smile.gif

May 25, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #402 of 426
i think this whole cable vs. anti-cable thing just comes down to the equipment (source/amp). if you're equipment isn't transparent to begin with, you're not gonna hear any difference. that's my opinion. i'm a believer of cables.
smily_headphones1.gif
what ^ said.

May 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #403 of 426
Quote:

Originally Posted by SemiAudiophile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think this whole cable vs. anti-cable thing just comes down to the amp. if you're amp isn't transparent to begin with, you're not gonna hear any difference. that's my opinion. i'm a believer of cables.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think the source is important too, we have people here who say cables cant make a difference and using an ipod as a source. If I had a setup like that I would buy a low end BJC or Audioquest mini to RCA and have confidence that what I am hearing is the best my system is capable of. One thing I have learned is lower end stuff doesnt handle complex music very well. I got a chance to hear a Starving Student at a meet and I was amazed at how nice it sounded for 50 bucks in parts, but it was not dynamic enough to separate everything when the music became complex, ie: lots of instruments over lapping. I really love the CTH amp, I have a big collection of 12AU7/ECC82 tubes and that looks like a super fun build. Maybe when I get some money burning a hole in my pocket and I have time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back