Want fun?? KSC 75 got 1\10 rating!
Oct 9, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #46 of 61
people who expect too much from a $13 hp's are psychopaths. I personally find KSC75's is one amazing-sounding-piece of crap. I have enough money to buy MS1's but why bother when I already love my clip-on's.

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #47 of 61
He reviews MDR-7506 and V6. They have different ratings while being in fact, the same exact headphones. Says a lot doesn't it?

Oct 9, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #48 of 61
LOLOL...AzN...too funny.

Oct 9, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #50 of 61
Oh no they di'nt... THEY RATED THE KSC-75'S BADLY!

We must not let them get away with such an atrocious crime as disrespecting our beloved KSC-75's! Where does this reviewer live? I'll bring the pitchforks if someone else brings the flaming torches...

srsly_guys.jpg

Oct 9, 2008 at 6:45 AM Post #51 of 61
I think the comment earlier about the KSC-75's showing how bad the reviewer's source hardware or source material is would be the most apt way of putting it. I've owned several pairs of PortaPros/SportaPros over the decades (sold 'em off for a profit each time), several pairs of the famed Realistic/Koss Pro-25's (the original "titanium" driver ones in the mid-80s), then the Pro-35s, the Pro-35A (current models), the KTX-1, the KSC-35s, etc.

Anyone that outright says these headphones/earclips suck or what have you has something stuck in their ears and other bodily orifices. I mean really, for what they are, for what they cost, they offer sound quality that is simply unmatched on those and many other terms. I've heard people make statements about Senns in the sub-$100 range, and I bought 'em, and was sorely disappointed in the audio performance compared to the KSC/PortaPros/SportaPros lineup. I've tried most everything under $150 that supposedly is "better" and none of them hold a candle to these things.

Do a simple Kramer mod, cut a whole in the foam, wham bam thank you for ever better sound quality.

The elitism people show over stuff because they spent more money is unbelievable in this forum sometimes (and I've been around years, just under a different account). It's not necessary to have a big price tag for more than acceptable sound quality, I just hope someday that some of the elitist pigs that infest this place get it. I doubt it, but I continue to hope.

As for the reviewer at that link, he's an idiot, of course. As for me personally, I have never once had my KSC-75 clips come apart unless I was separating the clip from the actual speaker assembly, and I work out with these things on, do jogging with them on, ride a stationary bike with them on, stairclimbing, circuit training, etc. I don't know what's up with people that can't use them comfortably as they're not that tough to figure out and bend to fit so they do have a "perfect" fit.

When I look over the posts about KSC-75's I see roughly 98% of the comments being favorable to seriously awesome, the other 2% are the elitist pigs snubbing them. If it was 1 or 2 people, or even a handful of folks saying they were good that might actually count for something. But so many owners saying they're great - and I'm one of them - compared to so few people whining about them and making comments like "too low brow for me" get interpreted as "I'm too good for $20 headphones, bleh."

I wonder...

Oct 9, 2008 at 1:12 PM Post #52 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Average /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The elitism people show over stuff because they spent more money is unbelievable in this forum sometimes...

Any less acceptible than the endless number of ad hominem arguments being made against anyone who disagrees?

Quote:

Anyone that outright says these headphones/earclips suck or what have you has something stuck in their ears and other bodily orifices.

I just hope someday that some of the elitist pigs that infest this place get it. I doubt it, but I continue to hope.

As for the reviewer at that link, he's an idiot, of course.

When I look over the posts about KSC-75's I see roughly 98% of the comments being favorable to seriously awesome, the other 2% are the elitist pigs snubbing them.

Grow up.

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM Post #54 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe some members are too cheap to buy a good pair of headphones or can't, so they hype these up??

Or perhaps there are members who acknowledge that for what you pay for them and the amount of sound you can get out of them stock and modded, plus how easy they are to mod, they are worthwhile and sound good? There is a very, very, very small (if practically non-existent) group of members who would probably come on this forum and argue that the KSC-75 is so awesome that it beats out high-end headphones. But most acknowledge that on the Cheap-fi side, it is one of the harder to beat price-performance ratio models.

Oct 9, 2008 at 4:59 PM Post #55 of 61
I thought we already concluded a year ago that those reviewers suck on reviewing? Do we really need to dig up the old thread so we can come to the same conclusion again?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #56 of 61
Quote:

As for the reviewer at that link, he's an idiot, of course.

You should know.

Hey, if you can't afford good gear, are too cheap to take the plunge, or are just plain satisfied with crap, that's your problem.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #57 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He reviews MDR-7506 and V6. They have different ratings while being in fact, the same exact headphones. Says a lot doesn't it?

+1

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #58 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should know.

Hey, if you can't afford good gear, are too cheap to take the plunge, or are just plain satisfied with crap, that's your problem.

Thank you for proving my point, Mr. E. Pig.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #59 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe some members are too cheap to buy a good pair of headphones or can't, so they hype these up??

Or maybe we have budgets in mind (more gear $ means less music $, regardless of total $ to spend), and go, "huh, this is neat, but it's not that much better than these little $20 ones; I'll pass until, something wows me."

It's not like they are the end all be all, but when $25 shipped is a high price, the value is difficult to deny (I wish they would copy others' spring clip mechanisms, though). With the big bass, they work well in semi-quiet environments, too. They are quite capable of showing faults in lossy encodings, colored or noisy DACs, wimpy DAP outputs, bad mixing/mastering, etc..

Why spend a bunch of money on headphones, if spending it on albums will get you more, with cheaper phones?

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #60 of 61
Quote:

Thank you for proving my point, Mr. E. Pig.

And thank you for proving mine, Ape Tit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back