Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #3,439 of 3,631
Can someone please explain (or send me a link) where the USB performance of the available players is described? What resolution files can be played through USB on the newer Walnut, and the Zishua Z1 or Z2 using windows? Thanks.

Apr 5, 2018 at 11:45 PM Post #3,440 of 3,631
Apr 9, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #3,442 of 3,631
Jul 28, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #3,446 of 3,631
You can't reviews an opamp without trying it in different setup.
An opamp can change the sound from brighter to warmer depending on the dap used and it's implementation.

I think when using my zishan z2 as a DAC it actually receive the sound in pcm from the laptop. It's not true DAC . You only benefit from the phone/line out of the zishan. I noticed this when using pulseaudio settings on my Linux laptop. My other dap, the nuansa has both options has DAC: true decoding or only receiving pcm

My guess would be the DAC of your phone is good!

May I know what you meant when you say only benefit from phone/lineout of the zishan?
Is this usng usb to connect laptop to the z2 and using z2 as dac and amp?

I am new and i don't understand some of the things here.

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:13 AM Post #3,448 of 3,631
I have the zishan z1 and z3 and Walnut v2, and the kz zsr, ty hi z hp150, I would suggest save a few more dollars and getting the z3, it has better volume control as a dap and also works like dac through usb

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #3,449 of 3,631
I don't own it. I own the Z3 which is supposed to be the same thing (sort of) but with a screen.
So i assume the Z2 should also work as a usb dac, am i right?

I have the zishan z1 and z3 and Walnut v2, and the kz zsr, ty hi z hp150, I would suggest save a few more dollars and getting the z3, it has better volume control as a dap and also works like dac through usb
Do you see any problem driving the IEMs with the Z3? Because i saw a few comments saying there could be an issue as the output impedence of the zishan z2 are high..

Jul 28, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #3,450 of 3,631
Yes they are all 100+ ohm players, you can mod them adding resistors, I want to do it to the z1 and Walnut v2 but have not gotten around to it yet, the problem is the volume pot has a tendency to get too loud too quick, this is why I suggested that z3, it's also 100ohm but it has a lot better volume control for sensitive iems like the zsr, I can't use zsr on z1 or Walnut v2 as players, distortion and volume is too much, they work like amps better but still you have to turn volume up past 35-40 percent and at that point they get a bit of hiss. It's better in the z3, less hiss and lower volume

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back