Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jun 23, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,181 of 3,631
my iphone 3GS > my walnut v2s (stock)
in terms of soundstage (iphone 3gs is wider), instrument and vocal separation (iphone 3gs has a better detail).
sound signature almost the same but walnut is warmer sounding.

i think changing op amp on v2s will improve soundstage and detail.

walnut v2s has bass roll off and treble roll off.

gears and tracks used on my comparion
earphones: ve monk+ , mi hybrids pro (4th gen)
headphones: superlux hd668b
tracks: elvin bishop - fooled around fell in love, deftones - digital bath, acdc - back in black, pearl jam - black, stone temple pilots - dead and bloated, megadeth - rust in peace

all are mp3 cbr 320kbps

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #3,182 of 3,631
My LME49720HA just arrived and I was amazed by how RS (seller) packaged the item.

From a 13x10x5in box to a <1cm item.

IMG_20170624_093555.jpg
IMG_20170624_093611.jpg IMG_20170624_093629.jpg IMG_20170624_093645.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #3,184 of 3,631
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #3,186 of 3,631
is it different from what I said LME49720HA?

I don't get your question.

I think he noticed that the printed label, that's stuck on the ESD bag, does not say LME49720HA - instead it says LM4562HA.

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #3,188 of 3,631
Yes, it is different. If you ordered lme49720ha, that should be the label printed on the can.

I think he noticed that the printed label, that's stuck on the ESD bag, does not say LME49720HA - instead it says LM4562HA.

Thank you very much for pointing it out, as I didn't noticed it since I was busy when it arrived, and excitedly opened it without reading thoroughly. I just reopened it as of post time, just as I read your replies.

The whole moment was a lie. In the first place, I ordered the wrong item.

(Laugh on me, its ok. lol!)

I'm a bit sad, but more fine. It is <6USD shipped. Anyways let's move on.

Is it also compatible with our V2s? No time so far to search for details and I don't have it on my shortlist also.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #3,189 of 3,631
Thank you very much for pointing it out, as I didn't noticed it since I was busy when it arrived, and excitedly opened it without reading thoroughly. I just reopened it as of post time, just as I read your replies.

Is it also compatible with our V2s? No time so far to search for details and I don't have it on my shortlist also.

Both of those opamps have the same pinout.
As long as you line up, and insert, the pin under the tab, into Pin-8 of the socket - and then continue with the other pins, going around to Pin-1, it should work in the DIP-8 socket of the V2.

Jun 25, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,190 of 3,631

Just like every one else here, I've never done anything that dumb...

Man-Whistling-While-Walking-Past-A-Graveyard-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #3,191 of 3,631
Just got the V2s today and can say that the Burson V5i sounds great in it. Went through all the opamps that I bought or the Zishan Z1 and this one stood out as the pretty clear winner. The LME....HA sounded awfully good in here too. Not so much the Muses02 which I really enjoy in the Z1. Also, as a side note....I accidentally put in an opamp backwards on the V2s when I swapped out the original one. It made no sound and it took me about 8 seconds to remember that @golov17 confirmed that the direction of the opamps are reversed from the Z1. I turned off the unit and pulled it out with my fingers. It was like 1000 degrees!! I guess it was in the process of shorting out and I got a burn (in a rectangular shape) on my thumb. So kiddies, be careful out there. Seriously, it was like 1000 degrees!!!

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #3,192 of 3,631
Just got the V2s today and can say that the Burson V5i sounds great in it. Went through all the opamps that I bought or the Zishan Z1 and this one stood out as the pretty clear winner. The LME....HA sounded awfully good in here too. Not so much the Muses02 which I really enjoy in the Z1. Also, as a side note....I accidentally put in an opamp backwards on the V2s when I swapped out the original one. It made no sound and it took me about 8 seconds to remember that @golov17 confirmed that the direction of the opamps are reversed from the Z1. I turned off the unit and pulled it out with my fingers. It was like 1000 degrees!! I guess it was in the process of shorting out and I got a burn (in a rectangular shape) on my thumb. So kiddies, be careful out there. Seriously, it was like 1000 degrees!!!
So v5i matches v2s and not z1. Muse02 and HA matches z1?

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM Post #3,193 of 3,631
Good thing you have your other thumb for pushing buttons.:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back