Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jul 3, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,211 of 3,631
I do not own this one but as a general rule a hard reset can solve many issues. Of course I do not know how to reset this.

I have a similar problem like that, try charging the v2s i notice that non stop music mode message when i play the player more than 10 hours.

Thanks guys, I will try those methods. But just wondering do you guys know of any software update on the v2s? since i was directed here from as someone suggested that there is one and you guys from head-fi can help me :)

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3,213 of 3,631
Hey guys, just got my walnut v2s. However after a few days, it stopped being able to play music. when i plug in my headphone and turn it on, the women's voice just keep saying music and wouldn't play any of my music. Just wondering if anyone encountered this problem and does anyone know of a fix?
Mines sort of stuck there too. If I fiddle with the buttons, any which combination of which I have no idea, it will play music. Can't change anything and it will just play in order. Trying to get a refund or replacement as we speak...

Jul 5, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #3,215 of 3,631
Mines sort of stuck there too. If I fiddle with the buttons, any which combination of which I have no idea, it will play music. Can't change anything and it will just play in order. Trying to get a refund or replacement as we speak...

The walnut v2s version seems to be problematic. Hoping they will release a new design to fix these issues.

Jul 7, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #3,216 of 3,631
Any news about walnut v3?
19850815_10213525148993787_1063505249_o.png
19883592_10213525149953811_423920663_n.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,217 of 3,631
I can't remember the time walnut wasn't problematic. The v3 looks very exciting but at the same time, this increase in complexity made me wonder what kind of bugs and troubles are we expecting this time... V2 has lot of quality control issues following it's hype. V2s has a clipping dac for some, non upgradable firmware and Chinese voiceover was hit and miss.
However I am very happy to see that zishan and walnut are going towards different paths. It makes the choices easier.

Jul 7, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #3,218 of 3,631
I can't remember the time walnut wasn't problematic. The v3 looks very exciting but at the same time, this increase in complexity made me wonder what kind of bugs and troubles are we expecting this time... V2 has lot of quality control issues following it's hype. V2s has a clipping dac for some, non upgradable firmware and Chinese voiceover was hit and miss.
However I am very happy to see that zishan and walnut are going towards different paths. It makes the choices easier.

I'm just glad I haven't had issue with the V2s so far, and got English voice over. While I liked the previous version, the lack of shuffle for me kind of killed my desire to use it, so the V2s certainly helped me out a bit. I'm quite curious about the new version, and hope it's well implemented.

Jul 7, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #3,219 of 3,631
I found that using the recommended card size and reformatting my card to ExFat solved my problems. Now it works like it should. Able to choose play mode and change the EQ.

Jul 7, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #3,220 of 3,631

That looks like really cool design upgrade!
But, unless they've increased the battery size, all those additional active components are going to noticeably reduce the run-time between charges.

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #3,225 of 3,631
I caught on the Walnut V2 hype train, but never liked its sound... tho opamp and caps rolling was definitely new and exciting to me.
then I broke my original V2 due to my uber leet soldering skillz, so I ordered another Walnut V2 without knowing they switched to a soldered on opamp, and that rubbed me the wrong way. what's worse, soon after I ordered my V2.2 while it is still in transit, the news of Z1 broke out. G to the f'n G, #feelsbadman.
reading all of the V2s issues makes me glad I didn't order one, and I have similar feeling as @noknok23 in regards to V3 and the Walnut balanced amp, more complexity? hmm... i donno!

to me, Z1 is better than V2.2 in every way simply because it has a dedicated DAC, Z2 has awesome spec for it's price point ($35 on Taobao without shipping).

thinking further, could the Walnut creator taking another direction because he can't compete in the simple screenless budget DAP market that he originally created?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back