1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last
  1. R0BOX
    Thanks guys, I will try those methods. But just wondering do you guys know of any software update on the v2s? since i was directed here from as someone suggested that there is one and you guys from head-fi can help me :)

2. Totoycute
    I also lurking on this thread for any information regarding software upgrades

3. silverfishla
    Mines sort of stuck there too. If I fiddle with the buttons, any which combination of which I have no idea, it will play music. Can't change anything and it will just play in order. Trying to get a refund or replacement as we speak...

4. trellus
    I'm glad my Walnut is simple and doesn't have the fancy new features that seem to be buggy. I'm happy sticking with my WAV/MP3-only simple device. :jecklinsmile:

nick n and groucho69 like this.
  5. nesty
    The walnut v2s version seems to be problematic. Hoping they will release a new design to fix these issues.

6. golov17
    19850815_10213525148993787_1063505249_o.png [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    nick n, wskl, DBaldock9 and 3 others like this.
  7. noknok23
    I can't remember the time walnut wasn't problematic. The v3 looks very exciting but at the same time, this increase in complexity made me wonder what kind of bugs and troubles are we expecting this time... V2 has lot of quality control issues following it's hype. V2s has a clipping dac for some, non upgradable firmware and Chinese voiceover was hit and miss.
    However I am very happy to see that zishan and walnut are going towards different paths. It makes the choices easier.

8. Saoshyant
    I'm just glad I haven't had issue with the V2s so far, and got English voice over. While I liked the previous version, the lack of shuffle for me kind of killed my desire to use it, so the V2s certainly helped me out a bit. I'm quite curious about the new version, and hope it's well implemented.

9. silverfishla
    I found that using the recommended card size and reformatting my card to ExFat solved my problems. Now it works like it should. Able to choose play mode and change the EQ.

10. DBaldock9
    That looks like really cool design upgrade!
    But, unless they've increased the battery size, all those additional active components are going to noticeably reduce the run-time between charges.

11. Dark Helmet
    Maybe I'm thinking of something else, but I think I saw 2200mah.

12. golov17
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dkfuel likes this.
  13. randy183
    Glad they tried to reduce the thickness bending down the caps.
    Seems it will be quit the same form factor as Bluebird M1.

14. Dark Helmet
    Have you heard the M1?

groucho69 likes this.
  15. macky112
    I caught on the Walnut V2 hype train, but never liked its sound... tho opamp and caps rolling was definitely new and exciting to me.
    then I broke my original V2 due to my uber leet soldering skillz, so I ordered another Walnut V2 without knowing they switched to a soldered on opamp, and that rubbed me the wrong way. what's worse, soon after I ordered my V2.2 while it is still in transit, the news of Z1 broke out. G to the f'n G, #feelsbadman.
    reading all of the V2s issues makes me glad I didn't order one, and I have similar feeling as @noknok23 in regards to V3 and the Walnut balanced amp, more complexity? hmm... i donno!

to me, Z1 is better than V2.2 in every way simply because it has a dedicated DAC, Z2 has awesome spec for it's price point ($35 on Taobao without shipping).

thinking further, could the Walnut creator taking another direction because he can't compete in the simple screenless budget DAP market that he originally created?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
First

Back
205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214
216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225
Next

Last