Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #3,242 of 3,631
New walnut F1 amplifier with balanced output
http://s.aliexpress.com/Rbiq2Q3i
HTB1F5AuSpXXXXb8aXXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

HTB1CfwBSpXXXXXYaXXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #3,243 of 3,631
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #3,245 of 3,631
One thing I noticed was feets are on the F1, but the controls are on the V2. If you're going to stack, shouldn't it be the other way around.

Maybe back to back works. Otherwise hopefully extra feets are included for the V2.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #3,247 of 3,631
Lol, this balanced hype has reached it's peak I'd suppose. There's no reason whatsoever that a $30 amp should be better than any other $30 amp just because it's balanced.......

Jul 29, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #3,248 of 3,631
Lol, this balanced hype has reached it's peak I'd suppose. There's no reason whatsoever that a $30 amp should be better than any other $30 amp just because it's balanced.......

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:35 PM Post #3,249 of 3,631

Well, a balanced output can deliver 4 times the power for a given power supply voltage, which can be helpful on a battery powered portable amp.
So, being balanced might be better, but the actual sound quality will depend on the design and implementation.

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #3,250 of 3,631
Well, a balanced output can deliver 4 times the power for a given power supply voltage, which can be helpful on a battery powered portable amp.
So, being balanced might be better, but the actual sound quality will depend on the design and implementation.

Who needs four times the power of the Walnut :wink:

Seriously though, I just think the way "balanced" has exploded lately is a bit over the top. People need to realize that a headphone or a pair of IEM's doesn't sound any different whether it's connected balanced or single ended, the difference is in the device putting out the signal. A device with both balanced and single ended output may perform better from one or the other depending on what has had highest priority in the design. Many people mistakes louder for better and think that balanced sound better because of more power that gives louder output.

I'm sure that you know all this so my rant is ment more as a general information.

Jul 30, 2017 at 8:32 AM Post #3,251 of 3,631
Who needs four times the power of the Walnut :wink:

Seriously though, I just think the way "balanced" has exploded lately is a bit over the top. People need to realize that a headphone or a pair of IEM's doesn't sound any different whether it's connected balanced or single ended, the difference is in the device putting out the signal. A device with both balanced and single ended output may perform better from one or the other depending on what has had highest priority in the design. Many people mistakes louder for better and think that balanced sound better because of more power that gives louder output.

I'm sure that you know all this so my rant is ment more as a general information.
I totally agree with you on this. Whew, balance or not it's about the design on the output stage. :)

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #3,253 of 3,631
There are still older V2 floating around so you have to pay attention to the details.
The hold button is on the original and it does not do usb dac.
The lack of hold button does do usb dac but may not have a socket for relacing op amps.
The latest V2 has socket and usb dac, but so much attention has been paid to V2S and V1 and V2
I don't see many comments on them.
V2S has shuffle and eq.
V1 supppsedly sounds superior with a dedicated dac.
V2 supposedly sounds even better with a boutique dac.
Regardless the price keeps going up so if price is not a concern then there are reasons to get only one of each.
Enjoy.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #3,255 of 3,631
It seems there is potentially a moral dilemma. If coordination and other anticompetitive practices are bringing to market better products for the head fi community, the argument is that collusion in the competitive market place is not as bad as some think they are. Afterall it seems without competition the products are getting better. So now collusion is a good thing. And F1 and V2 can last happily ever after. Anyone know what is missing?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back