Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Apr 7, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #2,596 of 3,631
  Ahh you noticed
beerchug.gif

On the endplate that new second USB port is labeled as " DATA "

...maybe it is a DAC direct thing
YES the " Data " USB port allows you to access the mSD card directly without needing an external card reader.

>Also notice anything about the picture here, there's something else different:

The little hold switch is gone and the card slot indicator is larger

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #2,597 of 3,631
  The little hold switch is gone and the card slot indicator is larger, the logo is gone and the writing over the slot is gone

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #2,598 of 3,631
I an NOT anal! 

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #2,599 of 3,631
YES no hold switch anymore, etc. HA

Apr 7, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #2,601 of 3,631
been too busy to check, hopefully later tonight.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #2,603 of 3,631
No more op amp rolling on the new nuts :disappointed: was planning on another one for a/b testing op amps. Looks like I'll have to look for a used unit. My friend has the new version.
Changes (according to my friend, haven't tested it first hand)
>2nd micro usb for data transfer so you don't have to remove the sd card every time you want to load songs I think it also supports OTG so you can read files off of your usb
>Hold switch is gone now
>Fixed the issue with the volume pot

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #2,604 of 3,631
Have noticed CKLewis have updated the photos and can see the 2 micro USB slots, no hold button etc on there as well. Intrigued as to whether there are sound differences, and around improvements to fix volume control issues, so turns out I now have another Walnut on the way.

Apr 8, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #2,605 of 3,631
No more op amp rolling on the new nuts :disappointed: was planning on another one for a/b testing op amps. Looks like I'll have to look for a used unit. My friend has the new version.
Changes (according to my friend, haven't tested it first hand)
>2nd micro usb for data transfer so you don't have to remove the sd card every time you want to load songs I think it also supports OTG so you can read files off of your usb
>Hold switch is gone now
>Fixed the issue with the volume pot

So the opamp is now soldered on the board?

Apr 8, 2017 at 5:29 AM Post #2,609 of 3,631
So the opamp is now soldered on the board?

Yes on the underside.
It just won't be as fast or super simple a swapout, but still doable for those that are careful soldering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back