Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 12, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,277 of 3,631
The Walnut and TY HI Z32 sound so good now after 8 days since receiving them almost 20 hrs on daily.
With Patricia Barber -Cafe Blue, the sound stage and imbients sound like a 300B troide single ended amp. I am sorry, that is only my imagination,both the peanuts can't sound like that.
But their sound separations are really good, Metallica -  Master of Puppet and Sodom -Agent Orange, I can hear clearly the bassists doing their things and thuds of the bass drum so clearly now and with impact and pace of a high price DAP
High end sound (near), low end cost???. I am now thinking whether I should sell off my Fiio X5ii... Buy a few more units of the Walnuts and start the op amps rolling.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #1,278 of 3,631

How do I check if the light is broken? I mean I wouldn't mind if it would still charge I am just worried if its not charging

Have a close look at the lens. It is a 3 prong led so on either side at the end/tip should be a flat filament that looks like half of an unside down arrowhead. the middle should be a thin filament. If either of those are looking not precise or curled in any way it is likely fried.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:32 AM Post #1,279 of 3,631
Little about output resistance. In one review on russian web site about chines goods one man in comments wrote that headphones out connected to the amp out through 100 ohm resistor and 47 uF capacitor. If it is true, it can be the reason why the output resistance so big. Still waiting for my unit, so can't check this information.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,280 of 3,631
Have a close look at the lens. It is a 3 prong led so on either side at the end/tip should be a flat filament that looks like half of an unside down arrowhead. the middle should be a thin filament. If either of those are looking not precise or curled in any way it is likely fried.

I realised it was actually the usb charging port for some reason it was loose. And the charging port dropped out, opened a dispute seeing if i can get an exchange. Or checking if anybody could fix it for me

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #1,281 of 3,631
If you let folks know where you live roughly, no need to be exact , someone closer to you could be of assistance for resoldering it.
Probably save a long wait that way or even if there is a local store that repairs phones etc.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #1,284 of 3,631
I've never had any experienced about opamp rolling before. So I tried to look some opamp on our broken stereo receiver and CD player. I found one its JRC4458, de-solder it and installed on walnut and it sounds identical to the walnut's stock opamp but with more bass punch. Any thoughts of this opamp I found?

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #1,285 of 3,631

I turn the volume knob until i on it however there is only a yellow flashing light. I try plugging into the wall as well but there is no charge light may I know whats the reason?

i just got mine as well. i couldnt get the led to light up using power bank or from my usb hub. the led light up the moment i used the plug that came with my phone.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #1,286 of 3,631
I tried to look some opamp on our broken stereo receiver and CD player. I found one its JRC4458, de-solder it and installed on walnut and it sounds identical to the walnut's stock opamp but with more bass punch. Any thoughts of this opamp I found?

Some opamps are mono/single channel only be careful to look. Yours is dual channels.
Here is the Datasheet. Maybe you'll get some comments on it.
http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/rc4558

Did find some online info about it being used for power  in an overdrive , might have been a pro audio mixer console/device or something like that ( I forget already ).
Also saw mention used in a guitar pedal.

Though it is a good sign it was in a stereo already :p, which one was it in?

All that matters is trouble free excellent sound you like.

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:30 AM Post #1,287 of 3,631
So Walnut is a big hit now in Headfi ?

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #1,288 of 3,631
Jan 12, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #1,289 of 3,631

So Walnut is a big hit now in Headfi ?

As long as you don't visit the RMAA thread yes
wink.gif

Now, i am tempted to do so. Thanks for heads up, let me prepare then :)

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #1,290 of 3,631
HD6XX + Walnut !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back