1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last
  1. macky112

With a couple of ppl currently burning in their walnuts, may I get some input on others Walnut battery life? I am only getting about 12 hr burning in using wav file at 10 o clock vol pot position, digital volume maxed out

2. music4mhell
    It's been 30 odd hours, my all back ground noise, Pops have almost vanished.
    Still, i get got sparks with some specific songs, may be Fooba couldn't remove tags from some songs.

I am using 32 GB Sandisk class 100 SD card, no issue till now.

But i still feel the bass is a bit low. Please some1 suggest me, which Op-Amp i should try to get better bass impact ?

3. vapman
    Hmm, unless the opamp used changed (very possible) NE5532 has some of the best bass performance. 
    Do you usually not EQ? If not and you feel it is still low you could add EQ when converting, or possibly an opamp like Burson V5i dual?

4. music4mhell
    Thanks for reply, i will check and play with some Op-amp at my local store this weekend.

How is LM4562NA ? any idea ?

groucho69 likes this.
  5. vapman
    I wish I  knew but I have not tried any LM- or AD- opamp

6. T.R.A.N.C.E.

I tried it, sounds good but the mids aren't as present as I'd like so I wouldn't use it personally.

7. music4mhell
    What's your fav Op-Amps which has good synergy with Walnut ?

8. bzfrank
    I like the AD825 @ TK13S IEMs. But keep in mind the Walnut is quite sensitive to what headphone/IEM is plugged in.

Also I am not the only one.... See also

http://www.head-fi.org/t/243642/best-sounding-cheep-op-amp-for-cmoys-opa2227-opa2228-ad8066-other#post_3032335

9. T.R.A.N.C.E.

I've tried around 30 opamps, and 90% of them sound great. Walnut isn't as picky as other amps due to it's simple single rail power supply which masks the imperfections of many opamps. It really comes down to personal preference. I personally use AD827SQ as it's the best for my tastes in electronic tunes, while LM6172 and TLE2082 are good all rounders.

10. vapman
    I have some AR on the way from one of those SOIC to DIP adapters from the China sellers. I didn't realize until after I ordered but the uPC4570C  is sold in bundles of 2 so if I like it i'll be happy I have another.

All other things unchanged, NJM2114D is louder than the NE5532. Not sure if bass is any bigger because the overall sound is louder, but it has nice depth and impact. Warmer and a little less detail in exchange for a little more energy. (edit: just did some back to back, 2114D win  for bass)

11. rockingthearies
    1484214845240963389597.jpg
    I turn the volume knob until i on it however there is only a yellow flashing light. I try plugging into the wall as well but there is no charge light may I know whats the reason?

12. Ruben123

I don't see how this is a problem. Just turn on the walnut and insert your headphones then. Even better: ignore it, I don't have any problem with the click with any of my earphones

13. vapman
    Hmm, I have that same USB charger, and I just tested one of my walnut with it. works fine. yellow flashing light means music is playing, is there no headphone output?

14. rockingthearies
    Music is all working fine. But you said charge it first, so I am trying to charge it but which light will turn from red to yellow. Is it the instruction light? Or that mini bulb beside the usb charge. Because thay bulb is not showing anything when my walnut is charging

15. vapman
    Hmm, maybe that light is broken or not connected well. You could open it up  and see if the charge light is damaged, if not, leave it to charge for 3 hours and it'll be full.

First

Back
75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84
86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95
Next

Last