1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last
  1. akroy

you have xduoo x10 aswell right? can you post some comparison between the two based on SQ

LaughMoreDaily likes this.
  2. vapman
    @nocchi  
    You can mess with opamps if you find the mids are too forward to your liking. easy way to shift the sound sig to your liking.

3. nocchi

I don't have the X10 but I did demo it yesterday, I think walnut have the same sound signature of the X10 which is balanced/neutral. The X10 has better soundstage and amp output, but the walnut can go head to head to the X10 IMO.

If the walnut has a support of 192/24 music of all file format, shuffle, and a branded DAC, I'd go for the walnut.

4. frusciantees
    IMG_20170111_153539.jpg
    just realized mine doesn't have circles around the button :xf_eek:
    is there anyone having something like this? just curious haha :D

5. nocchi
    Does the walnut have gapless feature? I feel like it has gapless tbh

6. dennisopk
    I forgot to ask, the Hold switch next to the SD card slot. what its suppose to do.?

7. music4mhell
    When it's on Hold, the front key (Next, Stop, Prev) won't work anymore, but volume knob is still functional !

8. dennisopk
    Thanks

9. Decommo
    Have been testing Walnut for last couple of days and liking it a lot. Sounds is actually a lot better than what the price indicate. Battery life is amazing and very easy to navigate and simple to use. Only downside for me is that there is strong pop sound when plug in and out of earphone. Other than that, very happy with Walnut~~

10. nocchi

I don't experienced this, plug in plug out no pop while playing, unless when I turned off while it is plugged in but not really that strong pop.

11. Miyazaki
    Mine has arrived :D And I agree that it sounds a-mazing T________T! I think after listening to this I won't be able to listen to anything else I own :frowning2:

walnut.jpg

nick n likes this.
  12. macky112

I have a pair of Monoprice 8323, how do they compare?

13. LaughMoreDaily
    Maybe keep it off when you plug them in. :wink: I wonder if anyone else has that defect.

14. musicday
    I can hear the sound changed a little after 10-15 hours of use but still early days.
    For those who had the Walnut for a longer period of time,any big change in sound signature after 200 hours or more?

15. avitron142
    Every Walnut has that, far as I know.

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93
Next

Last