Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:
Jan 11, 2017 at 2:32 AM Post #1,231 of 3,631

Got this little beast earlier, I'm really impressed of its sound quality and very well balanced. Loving the resume feature and digital volume control. Also got a corrupted card and only plays a few chinese songs, but man those songs are comfy af

And looks like the walnut is very picky with IEMs I use. They sounded good on ZST, SE215, and Urbanfun but on PM4 its like the mids are too forward.

you have xduoo x10 aswell right? can you post some comparison between the two based on SQ

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #1,233 of 3,631
you have xduoo x10 aswell right? can you post some comparison between the two based on SQ

I don't have the X10 but I did demo it yesterday, I think walnut have the same sound signature of the X10 which is balanced/neutral. The X10 has better soundstage and amp output, but the walnut can go head to head to the X10 IMO.

If the walnut has a support of 192/24 music of all file format, shuffle, and a branded DAC, I'd go for the walnut.

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #1,237 of 3,631
  I forgot to ask, the Hold switch next to the SD card slot. what its suppose to do.?

When it's on Hold, the front key (Next, Stop, Prev) won't work anymore, but volume knob is still functional !

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,239 of 3,631
Have been testing Walnut for last couple of days and liking it a lot. Sounds is actually a lot better than what the price indicate. Battery life is amazing and very easy to navigate and simple to use. Only downside for me is that there is strong pop sound when plug in and out of earphone. Other than that, very happy with Walnut~~

Jan 11, 2017 at 6:45 AM Post #1,240 of 3,631
Have been testing Walnut for last couple of days and liking it a lot. Sounds is actually a lot better than what the price indicate. Battery life is amazing and very easy to navigate and simple to use. Only downside for me is that there is strong pop sound when plug in and out of earphone. Other than that, very happy with Walnut~~

I don't experienced this, plug in plug out no pop while playing, unless when I turned off while it is plugged in but not really that strong pop.

Jan 11, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,242 of 3,631
Many of us are using lower impedance hp's and it sounds great, even if there is some FR interaction. Just grab some Koss Portapro's or KSC-75, all you need. 

I have a pair of Monoprice 8323, how do they compare?

Jan 11, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,243 of 3,631

Maybe keep it off when you plug them in. :wink: I wonder if anyone else has that defect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back