1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - :ok_hand: screenless budget killer combo DAP/Amp :ok_hand:

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by vapman, Dec 8, 2016.
First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Next

Last
  1. noknok23
    BTW I can say it's flight safe lol, at least in France.
    took a plane with it the other day, no problem, security was more after my thermos...
    afterwards I tried it with random headphones at the airport shop. I noticed that volume doesnt increase after 50% mark. I wonder if digital volume gain is in cause? I always keep digital volume to maximum.

Thomas De Brito likes this.
  2. Spider fan

Lol, I could join you got all 3 myself Zen, walnut and that cd.  Its a good cd for testing car stereo systems.

3. bzfrank
    Another observation - the Walnut is quite picky what IEM is used. e.g. Its quite good with the TK13, but does not like the SW III much. Likewise I found differences with other IEMs (Tenmak Dulcimer, 4-in-1) much more prominent than in other DAPs. In this respect its cmoy heritage shines through, I think. If your particular setup sound frail or strange, try a different headphone.

4. flamesofarctica

Awesome :) That album (copied onto TDK chrome II cassette whatever that meant, from mates cd haha) was the closest I ever got to dance music.

5. Spider fan

Its ok to admit you jammed out to

6. flamesofarctica
    :-D ok passable. And a bit of S-Express and Black Box. But that was all!!

7. vapman

You did not, it has yet to be written

Congrats noknok23 on being the TSA tester

8. macky112
    so I received my Walnut yesterday noon and charged it for 2 hours then the LED turned green and I started the burn-in process after doing some RMAA measurements.

but now, about 24 hours later, it is complete dead, I assume the battery is dead because I plugged in the USB port and red LED came on

I thought this has longer battery according to this thread's FAQ?  and I was only using about 40% volume (with digital volume maxed out)

will charge it to full again and re-start the burn-in and go from there...

BUT with that RMAA measurement on my Walnut, I am HOPING I received a defective one so I can get another one

9. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    The official walnut spec says 12 hours battery life, maybe with mp3 you can get more than that.

10. iJay

Congrats! It felt like you were waiting forever! :wink:
    I will PM you cloud like to the Chinese music so you don't feel cheated!

11. dennisopk
    Check with your local RS components.UK, my country they have a branch, free delivery, if purchase online. Most op amps in stock or  4 days waiting either from Singapore or UK. except the Muses. Prices same or just a little more than Aliexpress. And NO FAKE. 

http://www.rscomponents.co.in

12. macky112

I think with Walnuts output impedance, it would prob sound its best with high 600o impedance headphones and high impedance earphones like the Ty 650o etc

Could someone with those phones help with a comparison?

13. T.R.A.N.C.E.
    Many of us are using lower impedance hp's and it sounds great, even if there is some FR interaction. Just grab some Koss Portapro's or KSC-75, all you need. 

14. vapman
    Agreed 100%, i am honestly rarely using anything rated above 32ohm with walnut and love it

15. nocchi
    Got this little beast earlier, I'm really impressed of its sound quality and very well balanced. Loving the resume feature and digital volume control. Also got a corrupted card and only plays a few chinese songs, but man those songs are comfy af

And looks like the walnut is very picky with IEMs I use. They sounded good on ZST, SE215, and Urbanfun but on PM4 its like the mids are too forward.

IMG_20170111_143148.jpg

First

Back
72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92
Next

Last