W5000 Fitz Mod Guide
Jan 21, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #197 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The wooden cup is pressing down on the ravioli a tad. Not a major problem to fix, if one at all. Just curious though, since my ears aren't nearly as sensitive as many others' here.

Just make sure that the tack that sits on the outside rim isn't so thick that it gets pushed into the port and blocks it. The more that port is obscured, the more bass you get, but it has a negative effect on midrange. Even if it does get a bit blocked, you can clear it out with a needle from the outside anyway.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #198 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/w50...ml#post2623971

That link leads to this thread...I thought this thread was just the mod to get the w5000 to become the F5000. On the very first post, there's a link that leads to what used to be the instructions (I'd assume) for the F5005. However since the outtage, links work a bit different, and it no longer points to the F5005 instructions.

Or does this thread in its current state, include the F5005 mod instructions too? I didn't notice instructions/with the accompanying reasoning to make that ravioli/bubble as GTanaka has mentioned.

Jan 21, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #199 of 262
yep this is the only F5005 thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #201 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That link leads to this thread...I thought this thread was just the mod to get the w5000 to become the F5000. On the very first post, there's a link that leads to what used to be the instructions (I'd assume) for the F5005. However since the outtage, links work a bit different, and it no longer points to the F5005 instructions.

Or does this thread in its current state, include the F5005 mod instructions too? I didn't notice instructions/with the accompanying reasoning to make that ravioli/bubble as GTanaka has mentioned.

That link goes directly to the page with the F5000 => F5005 changes. Click it and see!

I've updated the original post with the correct link as well.

Jan 21, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #202 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTanaka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I just noticed that the wood of the cans was slightly cramping the bubble created for the F5005 mods. I was wondering how major this little problem was on the audio signature to anyone else that's used this mod? I'll probably fix it soon when I get some time.

You might have it too thick if it is cramping the little disc of tak. On mine it would make a slight indentation on the top of it from the wood, but didn't actually press it down into the opening or anything.

Jan 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #203 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That link goes directly to the page with the F5000 => F5005 changes. Click it and see!

I've updated the original post with the correct link as well.

For me the link takes me to page 14 (this page). On my side, the post is on page 9. It may be because I have my view set to 15 posts a page. Or it could very well be my browser, Opera. It's been giving me problems recently while browsing on several different websites. Thanks for the mod instructions though, the pictures and instructions are very well made. They're easy to understand, and I'll probably be trying them out in a day or two.

Jan 23, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #204 of 262
Jan 24, 2008 at 2:53 AM Post #205 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostOne.TR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the link takes me to page 14 (this page). On my side, the post is on page 9. It may be because I have my view set to 15 posts a page. Or it could very well be my browser, Opera. It's been giving me problems recently while browsing on several different websites. Thanks for the mod instructions though, the pictures and instructions are very well made. They're easy to understand, and I'll probably be trying them out in a day or two.

Hmm, never knew this forum's software had a flaw like that. It won't actually give me the correct type of link I wanted, but I put one together on my own using the post number. See if this one works: clicky

If it does, I'll put that one in the original post instead.

Jan 24, 2008 at 3:17 AM Post #206 of 262
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, never knew this forum's software had a flaw like that. It won't actually give me the correct type of link I wanted, but I put one together on my own using the post number. See if this one works: clicky

If it does, I'll put that one in the original post instead.

That one leads me straight to the post. It's perfect.

Feb 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM Post #207 of 262
I just did the full F5005 mod and after 24 hours I am very satisfied with the results. I agree with the general reaction that the inherent qualities of the W5000 remain but with better overall tonal balance. I would have to say that the differences make theses headphones much better for all around use.

Thank you Sir Fitz for you efforts to benefit so many.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 4, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #208 of 262
i just did the F5005 mod and all i can say is WOW. These cans sound so good now, it has everything that i wanted. I was considering buyin HD650 or GS1000 to complement my W5k but now I'm not sure if i should waste the money when the F5.5k sounds this good. Also bent the stupid metal frame a bit for better seal/fit and it helps some too.

Jun 1, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #209 of 262
Hello!
My fist post. I' ve buyed this HP some days ago. Thanks for the advice...
I'm trying to open them. removed the 4 big screws, the shiny ones, but the cup doesn't move! I'm twisting and tearing but they stay on!
Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back