W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop Appreciation Thread.
Jun 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #3,436 of 3,914
  ^
LMAO not sure if you are serious with those vids or are you just pulling my legs..... by "gritty" i wasn't really talking about "ghettos/ slums" per se but was just comparing how sometimes the image of other countries you see are over glamorized from their depictions in movies ans such as these beautiful almost "perfect" modern cities, etc. But in reality the majority of the places are kinda run down, overcrowded, etc. 

See that is the thing though, those vids you posted is almost like the glorified view of the American ghettos in a bad perverse kinda way, just as MTV is guilty of glorifying "gangsta culture" in hip hop/rap. Schiit like that do happened in real live, but it ain't even close to how it is portrayed in those music video meng. All that bling bling, whip, beyatches, killin' ish is longgggggg played out in the hip hop genre for me.

That was one of the reasons i don't really listen to gangsta hip hop at all, cuz i just can't relate to it. Not like i am saying that genre is completely BS but majority of the content in those songs are completely made up nonsense. Korean hip hop don't really dwell on all those stupid topics as much me thinks, maybe they just don't have the "street cred" and such but seeing all that material/ sexual flaunting etc over and over again in American hip hop gets boring/ stupid/ stale real quick and that's why the hip hop scene is so stagnant nowadays in the country that literally pioneered it???

/rant

It's not like KHH is immune to producing posers and glorifying something that doesn't even exist in their country*cough* YGE *cough*

Talking of gritty, a rapper from Camden New Jersey

The way I always took something that may not be relatable (gangs, organized crime, drug wars) is to envision the stories rappers rap about them. Ask myself why they rap about those topics and finally what exactly can I learn from these tales. If the vibe is good, then of course that is a bonus. In their bare essence, rap was "the ghetto's CNN."  As such, depending on the artist, I still treat it so. The only reason gangster/drug/trap/etc rap still around is because the environment still exist. People living in those environments have just as much right to voice their opinions as those that did it 10-20-30-40 years ago.

Jul 4, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #3,437 of 3,914
  It's not like KHH is immune to producing posers and glorifying something that doesn't even exist in their country*cough* YGE *cough*

^
But YGE is not really underground hip hop though cuz they are just mainstream kpop laced with wannabe hip hop influences/ flavors just like mainstream hip pop in the states/ elsewhere these days.

Anywho, new B-free is FYRE!!! Welp most of the tracks anyways. haha Great production and diversity in beats/ styles but can't say i liked all the songs. The album flows a lot better with some songs taken out to make it mo' bangerz worthy. : P

And god i hate skits that are connected to the songs, kinda ruins a good stand alone track.

01. Intro
02. Good Year
03. 20130804 (skit)
04. Hot Summer
05. 불타
06. 느껴 (feat. Kid Ash)
07. 막지못해
08. It Ain't Easy [Korean Dream] (feat. Jinbo)
09. 20130806 (skit)
10. Cream
11. 뻔한 사랑 노래 (same old love song)
12. Fly (feat. Loco, S'WAY.D)
13. Song For My Mama
14. Pray (feat. Reddy)
15. 안녕
16. 기억해 (Bonus Track)

Jul 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #3,439 of 3,914

herb delivering flames as usual. hope his song with earl sweatshirt is on his new mixtape.

you didnt like it aint easy???? I probably wouldve liked the album more if it had more banger type shizz (ie feats with okasian paloalto etc.) no complaints tho was a good album 

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #3,440 of 3,914

^
No idea who this guy is but sounds pretty decent. Sure got his swag factor down. LoL
tongue.gif

herb delivering flames as usual. hope his song with earl sweatshirt is on his new mixtape.

you didnt like it aint easy???? I probably wouldve liked the album more if it had more banger type shizz (ie feats with okasian paloalto etc.) no complaints tho was a good album 

^
"It ain't easy" was good but seems like it could have been better, maybe the hook or something was holding it back, or maybe it was jinbos singing. : P

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #3,441 of 3,914
  ^
But YGE is not really underground hip hop though cuz they are just mainstream kpop laced with wannabe hip hop influences/ flavors just like mainstream hip pop in the states/ elsewhere these days.

Anywho, new B-free is FYRE!!! Welp most of the tracks anyways. haha Great production and diversity in beats/ styles but can't say i liked all the songs. The album flows a lot better with some songs taken out to make it mo' bangerz worthy. : P

And god i hate skits that are connected to the songs, kinda ruins a good stand alone track.

01. Intro
02. Good Year
03. 20130804 (skit)
04. Hot Summer
05. 불타
06. 느껴 (feat. Kid Ash)
07. 막지못해
09. 20130806 (skit)
10. Cream
11. 뻔한 사랑 노래 (same old love song)
12. Fly (feat. Loco, S'WAY.D)
13. Song For My Mama
14. Pray (feat. Reddy)
15. 안녕
16. 기억해 (Bonus Track)

I don't mind skits as long as they are short. It can offer a good transition within the album without making the song selection seem schizo. -That alliteration though-   

Jul 4, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #3,442 of 3,914

I don't mind skits as long as they are short. It can offer a good transition within the album without making the song selection seem schizo. -That alliteration though-   

^
Same here but i just don't like skits that are connected to the tracks. Stand alone skits is fine though..... THAT ALTERATION IS GODLY!!! Problem???
smile.gif

Go listen to that album with those tracks deleted and see how much better it flows/ bangs.
tongue.gif

Sometimes less is mo'. :  )

Jul 7, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,445 of 3,914
I have heard about Death Grips since they were first reviewed on my fave album review site and I still think they are better served being labeled into some other alternative genre. 

...  hi TwinQY, been a while since you posted here.

Jul 7, 2014 at 2:44 AM Post #3,446 of 3,914
  I have heard about Death Grips since they were first reviewed on my fave album review site and I still think they are better served being labeled into some other alternative genre. 

...  hi TwinQY, been a while since you posted here.

^
Sounds mo' like glitch/ trip-hop stuff to me, but doesn't his stuff have like single tracks or something. Personally i think Simo's stuff is much better but we already know how da anal one feels about him. : P

Maybe he was inspired by Lil Herbs gangsta swagga' kill kill ish which made him post something to balance out??? i dunno but dat anal one works in mysterious ways.... but obscure/ strange sounding noise doesn't ALWAYS make it good/tasteful/ art. :wink: 

If i was trippin' balls/ out then that's another story.
confused_face.gif

Jul 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #3,447 of 3,914
Finally some NehruvianDOOM

Nehru reminds me so much of Nas, kinda crazy

new Ka, dropped an EP recently 1200 B.C.

get some knowledge, Nardwaur going crazy on WU-TANG

Jul 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #3,450 of 3,914
This guy can drum with his voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0wS81HtHuo

The guy @ 1:33.

I don't think a flow can get much better than this. Faster? Sure. But better? Yes, but not by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back