VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Apr 28, 2015 at 7:40 AM Post #798 of 1,164

Just received it a few hours ago.

I tried all the tips and the foam tips gave the best sound isolation and sounded the best.
Initial Impressions:
This IEM is super detailed.
Bass is present and detailed but not overpowering.
Seperation is good for a single dynamic driver, the B3P1 seperates a tad better but I dont quite like the bass there.
Sound Stage is wide (not quite like full sized headphones but could be due to foam tips).
Sibilance is there but its not going to distract the overall music presentation.

Gonna burn these in as vsonic says a 100 hour burn in is needed for best performance.

Kudos lend me your ears!

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:14 AM Post #801 of 1,164
Never heard so much detail before. Couple of my friends say that it is the most detail they heard. Btw 'still I fly' from planes:fire and rescue sounds fantastic with these!! Lovin it so mucchhhhhh!!!

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #802 of 1,164
And they're having a sale. After trying AN16, the GR07BE are calling my name :wink_face:

They're quite similar based on impressions here. It'd be the same difference between gr07 classic and the gr07be...

But... looking at your profile and given the number and variety of headphones you own.... Well.... It seems like you'd just buy them anyway..

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #803 of 1,164
They're quite similar based on impressions here. It'd be the same difference between gr07 classic and the gr07be...

But... looking at your profile and given the number and variety of headphones you own.... Well.... It seems like you'd just buy them anyway..

Not at this point. I've started putting less used IEM up for sale. I'm hoping to narrow it down to 10 or less and maintain that number.

My feeling is that between the AN16 and VSD5, I've got a good representation of the old vs new Vsonic sound. If GR07BE was mind-blowingly better, I might bite. But it doesn't sound that way, so I think I'll hold off.

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #804 of 1,164
Not at this point. I've started putting less used IEM up for sale. I'm hoping to narrow it down to 10 or less and maintain that number.

My feeling is that between the AN16 and VSD5, I've got a good representation of the old vs new Vsonic sound. If GR07BE was mind-blowingly better, I might bite. But it doesn't sound that way, so I think I'll hold off.

I admire your restraint :) Good luck on getting down to 10, and still hanging around head-fi.org haha

Apr 29, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #805 of 1,164
I admire your restraint
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck on getting down to 10, and still hanging around head-fi.org haha

It means he'll keep selling and buying to maintain that number  
wink.gif

May 3, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #807 of 1,164
Does anybody hear a hiss in the quiet parts of music on the VSD5s? Im hearing some hiss and it can be reduced by using airplane mode. Isit due to the phone or the earpiece? Using a iphone 4s and spotify 320kbps music.

May 3, 2015 at 6:07 AM Post #808 of 1,164
Does anybody hear a hiss in the quiet parts of music on the VSD5s? Im hearing some hiss and it can be reduced by using airplane mode. Isit due to the phone or the earpiece? Using a iphone 4s and spotify 320kbps music.

It´s from your source. However the vsd5 is very sensitive. But it nothing wrong with your earphones.

May 6, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #810 of 1,164
I'm looking for a relatively cheap IEM for my out and about listening.

I read all over this thread that these have great comfort and fit. Could the Shure/Westone owners confirm that the VSD5 is similar in shape and fit? The Shure 215 is the most comfortable universal I ever tried, and it doesn't budge once I set them in place.

Is this available in other colors besides the transparent? IMO the VSD3 in black looks amazing. On the other hand, it's harder to see the diamond shape cuts when it's clear, not to mention the fact that it looks like a DIY project. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back