VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #1,262 of 2,003
I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine

Nov 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #1,263 of 2,003
I think the LE needs an amp.. I had to drive em about twice the usual volume on my ak100 for it to truly shine

Just half hour ago I did connect to E12 and the difference is not day and night but ok to me........exactly after 166 hours of burn-in I took this decision(pair w/ E12) to see how it sounds from raw. The Bass is there not heavy but yet smooth and precise. Good for long listen.

Nov 20, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,264 of 2,003

It seems to be much less efficient than any of my other earphones.

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #1,265 of 2,003
  Not exactly. I've mixed a little bit my tips, so not super sure if these are the m6/s6 or a151's but anyway I don't see any difference (edit: actually, I think these are the m6/s6 ones and the a151's ones are with the smaller bore like the R1's tips (or B2's ?) - I should have organized my tips better coz now I'm not always sure which tips I'm using but I'm 99% sure these are the m6/s6's tips)

These are the small ones - the medium are around the same size as the blue vsonic ones. The blue ones are a bit higher and more rounded but technically the meelec tips give me better fit because the stems of the vsonic tips are shorter and the tips sit lower on the nozzle. Actually, even compared to the longer stock vsonic tips the difference in the insertion is like 1mm because of the longer meelec stem. It's obvious that the meelec tips have wider bore more in line with the old vsonic tips with colored stems (the new colored on the outside have slightly narrower bore). It's also clear that the meelec tips don't have that flat top of the tip reminiscent of the sony hybrids.

^ Hey Kova can you take a pic of your LEs with those Mee tips on, cuz i want to see their bore width to the LEs nozzle. i got a set of supposed M6 tips from a friend but the bore is pretty damn wide. The bore is like one ring size bigger than the nozzle so it looks nothing like how the stock VSD1 black tips fits.

Those tips i got probably is not Mee M6 tips judging by your pics but they sound good as well. In fact these LEs sound pretty damn good yet different no matter the what tips you throw on them. The closer the tips are to the stock ones, ie same wide bore/ length/ width the better sounding they are.

Nov 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #1,266 of 2,003
  It seems to be much less efficient than any of my other earphones.

Well, it does have 80ohm impedance, so it's actually pretty efficient given that. It needs about the same power as the sony mh1/c and the sony has only 16ohm impedance.

^ Hey Kova can you take a pic of your LEs with those Mee tips on, cuz i want to see their bore width to the LEs nozzle. i got a set of supposed M6 tips from a friend but the bore is pretty damn wide. The bore is like one ring size bigger than the nozzle so it looks nothing like how the stock VSD1 black tips fits.

Those tips i got probably is not Mee M6 tips judging by your pics but they sound good as well. In fact these LEs sound pretty damn good yet different no matter the what tips you throw on them. The closer the tips are to the stock ones, ie same wide bore/ length/ width the better sounding they are.

Maybe you have M9's tips. I tried to put its size in perspective compared to the stock pre-installed vsonic tips, so on the left is the meelec tip and on the right nozzle is the vsonic tip. It was kinda hard to alingn them properly and don't get the metal mesh on the nozzles flash like crazy but I hope the pics give you a general idea of the difference between the two.

Also on the second pic because the meelec tip doesn't extend as low on the nozzle and people can clearly see the whitish filter (or whatever) in the vent hole, which is different from the VSD1 and VSD1S.

Nov 20, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #1,267 of 2,003
So after one month of waiting. My VSD1's are back from warranty replacement. The updated VSD1 now have a giant R on the right earbud located directly to the left of the VSD1 logo. Anyways, I decided to throw some sony hybrids on them, and man oh man are they much more comfortable. I can't really say anything about the sound yet as I have to burn these in these newer bad boys. Also how are the LE's in comparison?

Nov 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #1,268 of 2,003
  So after one month of waiting. My VSD1's are back from warranty replacement. The updated VSD1 now have a giant R on the right earbud located directly to the left of the VSD1 logo. Anyways, I decided to throw some sony hybrids on them, and man oh man are they much more comfortable. I can't really say anything about the sound yet as I have to burn these in these newer bad boys. Also how are the LE's in comparison?

Thanks for that coz I recently saw in a Russian review that in the pics both VSD1 and VSD1S had the letter R in Comic Sans and was wondering what the hell was that. 

Honestly, I think it kinda makes them uglier and also it's completely pointless. If you're going to look at the housings to tell apart the left from the right earpiece then you don't need a huge R coz the left housing has nothing written on it so it's not hard even at a glance to tell them apart.
Now I get that this might be helpful for new users, who can't tell the difference between the left and right channel sound when they are listening to music and are wondering, which is left and which is right, but vsonic could have put L and R markings on the inside of the housing next to the nozzles - and not in Comic Sans not that I have anything against it.

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM Post #1,269 of 2,003

Do you find that you get a proper seal with the smallest tips? I'm pretty sure that they would be too small for my ears, so it's a bummer that you say their medium sized tips don't fit

^ Welp judge them for yourself. They are pretty similar in size as the stock VSD1 tips. Here take a look for yourself....

... Left to right (VSD1 stock black tips, Philips SHE9700 smallest size tips, SHE9700 largest tips)
.... Left to right (SHE9700 largest tip sets, SHE9700 smallest tips, VSD1 stock black tips)

As you can see above the smallest SHE9700 tips are pretty close to the size of the VSD1s, and they are able to fit the nozzle of the VSD1s cuz the stem is thicker than the largest SHE9700 tips and their bore is slightly more wide as well.

Yeppp these LEs takes amping/ EQing like a Champ. They will shine like crazy with more power that's for sure.

Well, it does have 80ohm impedance, so it's actually pretty efficient given that. It needs about the same power as the sony mh1/c and the sony has only 16ohm impedance.

Maybe you have M9's tips. I tried to put its size in perspective compared to the stock pre-installed vsonic tips, so on the left is the meelec tip and on the right nozzle is the vsonic tip. It was kinda hard to alingn them properly and don't get the metal mesh on the nozzles flash like crazy but I hope the pics give you a general idea of the difference between the two.

Also on the second pic because the meelec tip doesn't extend as low on the nozzle and people can clearly see the whitish filter (or whatever) in the vent hole, which is different from the VSD1 and VSD1S.

Welp i took some pics of the "m6s" tip i got from a friend and as you can see their bore is REALLY wide, the nozzle of these VSD1 is one ring size away from the walls of the bore.

Left to right (Mee "m6" tips, VSD1 stock black tips )                                                                   ( The bore of the "m6" tips is crazy wide in comparison)

Here are some tips of the on. Left to right (Mee"m6" tips, VSD1 Stock black tips)    (There is a A LOT of separation in between the nozzle of the "m6" tips compared to the stock VSD1 ones)

So does these "m6" tips i got fit the same as yours Kova???

Nov 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #1,270 of 2,003

Welp i took some pics of the "m6s" tip i got from a friend and as you can see their bore is REALLY wide, the nozzle of these VSD1 is one ring size away from the walls of the bore.

Left to right (Mee "m6" tips, VSD1 stock black tips )                                                                   ( The bore of the "m6" tips is crazy wide in comparison)

Here are some tips of the on. Left to right (Mee"m6" tips, VSD1 Stock black tips)    (There is a A LOT of separation in between the nozzle of the "m6" tips compared to the stock VSD1 ones)

So does these "m6" tips i got fit the same as yours Kova???

Well, as you can see from my pictures the answer is clearly no - there is no space between the LE's nozzle and the tips. The tips from your pic are not m6's tips - look like m9's but they are meant for wider nozzles like 5.5mm and obviously not fit the vsonic properly and the bore is way too wide..

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #1,271 of 2,003
  Well, as you can see from my pictures the answer is clearly no - there is no space between the LE's nozzle and the tips. The tips from your pic are not m6's tips - look like m9's but they are meant for wider nozzles like 5.5mm and obviously not fit the vsonic properly and the bore is way too wide..

Oh Ok, yeah i doubted they were the same judging from the pics you posted as well. Looks like i might have to buy some m6 tips but these LEs still sound great even with that crazy wide bore on them. 

Damn these LEs are fun and with different tips you can get a numerous different presentations that all sound great. The stock tips are the more realistic/ natural and "flatter" sounding, the SHE9700s is the most explosive and is AMAZING with hip hop/ sync music, but not as realistic sounding for instrumental/ acoustic music, the pseudo "m6" tips sound somewhere in between but has big bass punch as well. Also i tried some TDK MT-300 tips on them and they are the most close to the stock VSD1 tips in sonic presentation/ characteristic but with more added weight/ bass as well, really clean sounding as well as fun. But the most fun is still the Philips SHE9700 tips.
basshead.gif

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #1,272 of 2,003
I'm using it with the shure black tips, sony hybrid clones (colored stem) and some ortofon tips

Will report back on findings soon :D

Nov 20, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #1,273 of 2,003

Oh Ok, yeah i doubted they were the same judging from the pics you posted as well. Looks like i might have to buy some m6 tips but these LEs still sound great even with that crazy wide bore on them. 

Damn these LEs are fun and with different tips you can get a numerous different presentations that all sound great. The stock tips are the more realistic/ natural and "flatter" sounding, the SHE9700s is the most explosive and is AMAZING with hip hop/ sync music, but not as realistic sounding for instrumental/ acoustic music, the pseudo "m6" tips sound somewhere in between but has big bass punch as well. Also i tried some TDK MT-300 tips on them and they are the most close to the stock VSD1 tips in sonic presentation/ characteristic but with more added weight/ bass as well, really clean sounding as well as fun. But the most fun is still the Philips SHE9700 tips.
basshead.gif

Well, I like the m6 for two reasons. First, they fit me just right. Second, while they have a wider bore they don't chnage the sound as much as the hybrids, mh1's tips or the colored vsonic hybrids clones. They do make the LE a tad more airy and fuller and maybe add a hair more sparkle - I tried them on the VSD1S and they actually affected the sparkle more. Overall the m6 tips are nice if you feel that the LE needs a bit more air but overall I think I might stick to the stock tips on the LE coz it just sounds more accurate this way and go with one of his brothers if I want a more airy and fuller sound.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #1,274 of 2,003
Tried the vsd1's on today and the right earbud has stopped working. The worst part is I only started to use them on the go 2 weeks ago, and I really take care of my gear. I think im gunna wait for the gr07 classics, but I still really enjoy the sound signiture of the vsd1's. Did anyone else have problems with thier vsd1's durability?

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #1,275 of 2,003
Is it completely dead? Im sure it is. But I ask because my right driver goes dead at times, but then if I re-adjust the angle of the nozzle in my ear, it comes back to life. I figure its a form of driver flex combined with the configuration of my right ear canal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back