VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 14, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #541 of 2,003
I just got the VSD1S this morning and tried it immediately.
Out of the box, it sounds very clear ! I'm impressed, the bass sounds really punchy and controlled, the highs are pretty smooth and non sibilant.
As for the mids, it sounded fairly clear too but I felt that they were recessed.
If the mids were more forward just a tiny bit, I would love this IEM twice as much.
But overall, for the price I paid, I think this is an awesome pair, I would definitely use it as my regular to-go earphone :)

I'll post my thoughts after a couple of days listening to them if there's any changes from burn in

Jul 14, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #542 of 2,003
Anyone have both the vsd1s and vsd1?

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #543 of 2,003

I'm not sure if anyone said this already or not but the VSD1S when worn over the ear has right to right and left to left channels.
It's reversed when worn cable down, opposite of the VSD1

nvm i'm dumb, i was wearing it the other way around -_- i was too sleepy to not realize
i apologize to everyone who read this earlier

Jul 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #544 of 2,003
Quote:
I'm not sure if anyone said this already or not but the VSD1S when worn over the ear has right to right and left to left channels.
It's reversed when worn cable down, opposite of the VSD1

Really? I guess not many people have it and that's why this is the first time that change has been mentioned. 
edit: btw I also ordered a VSD1S to compare the two

Jul 15, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #546 of 2,003
Still loving these. I hear them as warm and sweet, with good overall balance. I'm certainly not hearing recessed mids. 

Competency / capability is ridiculously good for the price tag! 

Jul 15, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #550 of 2,003
Quote:
LOL

Sorry, that's pushing it a bit. That CEO has shown on various occasions that he has a very big mouth.

Well, we'll have to wait to find out. He might be exaggerating but the fact is that vsonic is one of the companies which changed the bang for buck definition in the sub-$200 range. The VSD1 is definitely a winner, especially given its price. Vsonic have definitely picked up their game, so I wouldn't be too surprised if VSD3 is able to keep up with a lot of the higher priced stuff some here consider high-end - like the se535

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #553 of 2,003
VSD 3
wk3i2o.jpg

wbdqxi.jpg

VSD7/VSD9
4l2dyq.jpg

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #554 of 2,003
$50 for the vsd3/vsd4, take my money already. Plus they look kinda sexy. Vsd3 will be for sale on 1st January 2014. I think these vsd1 can keep me happy until 1st January, not too sure about the will power of you guys though lol. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back