VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 5:53 AM Post #572 of 2,003
Update : After 30 hrs of burn in,Vsd1's have gone from "just good" to wow-like.I cant recommend them enough.No other iem has ever "wowed" me like these with the exception of re262.These are pure heaven for the money I paid for them.Everything is just perfect.Thanks vsonic for making me re-live "audio nirvana". :)

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #574 of 2,003
Quote:
These things are looking better and better. I'm still worried about the whole mess going on right now cutting supplies for it since I don't know if it uses Japanese parts or not.

Nah, the vsd1 was released recently and quite some time after the vsonic's statement about Japan, so I'm pretty sure they've figured out the production and supplies of their new models.

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #576 of 2,003
Quote:
Nah, if they wanted to make them for over-the-ear use they would have done it at least with the VSD1S, which were released later. I'm pretty sure they know what they wanted with the vsd1's design. I doubt someone messed up at the factory and vsonic's ceo was like "oh, no problem - we'll just make all of the batches with reversed channels now." While a do agree that these are great when worn over the ear I still get a pretty comfortable fit with good seal with the cable down.

I can't believe I was "Nah'd"!

Having said that, I can't disagree with anything you said, so I deserved it lol!

Jul 18, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #577 of 2,003
Quote:

I can't believe I was "Nah'd"!

Having said that, I can't disagree with anything you said, so I deserved it lol!

LOL And I can't believe I was sober and still managed to Nah you. I guess I'm getting better at it  
size]

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #578 of 2,003
Just another +1 for the vsd1. Had them two weeks now and they're getting better by the day. When I first got them the bass was a bit loose and muddy and the sound was quite dark. A bit of burn in has tightened everything up tho and I'm very happy now. Bass is tight and slightly boosted, mids are sweet and not recessed, highs are a little dark but with no sibilance at all. Overall a very satisfying sound and a definite improvement over all my previous earphones (GR02BE, GR02 Silver, MH1C). Thanks to kova4a for his descriptions and convincing me to buy them.

Jul 19, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #581 of 2,003
Quote:
Nice. I await your comparison. Mine took a little bit longer to be dispatched, so I'll probably get it Monday.

I really didn't expect mine today so it was a nice surprise.  

I did a quick listen and I can confirm that the S version is just as good of a value as the VSD1 if not more so for some.  The bass sounds faster and still reaches quite deep.  Not much of a loss in quantity as far as I can tell.  I can hear that the vocals are pushed a little more forward.  I'm already wow'd by it so it is going to be another good Vsonic phone.  

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #583 of 2,003
Quote:
Any changes in the upper mids and the treble?

Nah.

Actually, I can't answer the question. Just felt like saying it  
size]

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #584 of 2,003
Quote:
I really didn't expect mine today so it was a nice surprise.  

I did a quick listen and I can confirm that the S version is just as good of a value as the VSD1 if not more so for some.  The bass sounds faster and still reaches quite deep.  Not much of a loss in quantity as far as I can tell.  I can hear that the vocals are pushed a little more forward.  I'm already wow'd by it so it is going to be another good Vsonic phone.  

Hmm, how will you possibly decide what to listen to this weekend? 1plus2's or vsd1s's?? Good luck with that one lol.

Seriously though, that's great about your early vsd1s impressions!

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #585 of 2,003
Any changes in the upper mids and the treble?

I didn't listen for anything specific and it was a real quick listen but I'll get back to you on that.

Hmm, how will you possibly decide what to listen to this weekend? 1plus2's or vsd1s's?? Good luck with that one lol.

Seriously though, that's great about your early vsd1s impressions!

Wayne, you don't wanna know about the 1Plus2. I'm not happy that I accepted to audition. I'm likely to go bankrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back