VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 12, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #526 of 2,003
Quote:
kova4a
Do you know how does it perform compared to the Yamaha EPH 100 and Sony MH1C? Besides would you categorise it as sweet&warm, balanced, v-shaped...or else?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/315#post_9512206 As far as categorizing - probably I would call it warm and sweet but it is close to neutral and relatively balanced with a bit of bass boost - it's subjective 
size]
 As far as the eph100 I haven't heard it in a long time and any comparisons will be inaccurate but I remember I wasn't really impressed by it for the price (and it was like 70 bucks then before the hype started). You should ask Huxley who has both but I think he also mentioned he likes the VSD1 more.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #527 of 2,003
My vsd1 just came in.

Vsonic strikes again! And they included the rotating nozzles?! Unreal.

The kind of sound that I'm hearing from this sub $50 iem is quite the slap in the face/reality check. I know it's supposed to be 80% of the GR07, but it has to be closer than that.

Just...wow.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #528 of 2,003
Quote:
My vsd1 just came in.

Vsonic strikes again! And they included the rotating nozzles?! Unreal.

The kind of sound that I'm hearing from this sub $50 iem is quite the slap in the face/reality check. I know it's supposed to be 80% of the GR07, but it has to be closer than that.

Just...wow.

That's what I've been saying for weeks. It's seriously impressive and I can't believe it only cost me 37 bucks but even at the slightly higher MSRP vsonic is totally changing the definition of bang for buck.  I guess most people will get one and realize that only after joker or clieos review it like with the mh1c, which is a shame coz everyone should just buy one right away.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #529 of 2,003
^ We have been trying my friend!

Jul 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #531 of 2,003
Quote:
^ We have been trying my friend!

Nah, you didn't try hard enough 
size]

Quote:
So like the pictures in the first post, we have to swap L/R for over-the-ear, right? Will swapping L/R affect the SQ, or just change the direction of the sound?

Yeah, you'll have the channels swapped. Nah, it will mess up the imaging and positioning that the artist intended but the sq will be the same.

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #532 of 2,003
Quote:
Nah, you didn't try hard enough 
size]

True! But you have been trying hard enough to make up for my slack-assedness :)

Jul 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #533 of 2,003
Quote:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/663709/vsonic-vsd1-vsd1s-reviews-impression-thread/315#post_9512206 As far as categorizing - probably I would call it warm and sweet but it is close to neutral and relatively balanced with a bit of bass boost - it's subjective 
size]
 As far as the eph100 I haven't heard it in a long time and any comparisons will be inaccurate but I remember I wasn't really impressed by it for the price (and it was like 70 bucks then before the hype started). You should ask Huxley who has both but I think he also mentioned he likes the VSD1 more.

Thanks. Despite its treble worries me a little (sibilance), I've ordered it. Hope to give a feedback soon.

Jul 13, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #534 of 2,003
Thanks. Despite its treble worries me a little (sibilance), I've ordered it. Hope to give a feedback soon.

You can try what Rin from MountainRiceOppose blog does to tame sibilance: place a micro fiber cloth at the nozzle and hold it in place with the tip.

Didn't do this with my VSD1 but I did on my M-Duo and XBA-4 and it slightly veiled the high frequency for me to tolerate it.

I cut it from an Oakley cleaning cloth. Just a suggestion.

Jul 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #535 of 2,003
Hello guys. One week ago I buy gr02BE, if I should sell them so buy vsd1. Strongly if better sound vsd1 as compared with gr02BE. thanks.
p.s. sorry of mistakes i'm from ukraine.

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #536 of 2,003
Quote:

Sibilance with the VSD1's? I am pretty sensitive to sibilance. I had a bit of an issue with the GR07BE's (although it was tamed pretty well after 300 hours or so). But for me, the VSD1's are not sibilant at all. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Hello guys. One week ago I buy gr02BE, if I should sell them so buy vsd1. Strongly if better sound vsd1 as compared with gr02BE. thanks.
p.s. sorry of mistakes i'm from ukraine.

It's really a subjective/personal thing. The BE's are awesome as confirmed by many/most people. Very refined. So you will probably love them. Me? I actually prefer the VSD1's more because I get a better fit/seal with the vsd1's, and I prefer their signature which airomjosh did a nice job of describing (versus the BE's):

Quote:
Finally, after waiting for more than 2 weeks, the VSD1 I bought on a pre-sale have arrived. They sound amazing to my ears. Huge quantity of bass that does not swallow other frequencies. The bass presentation is better than MH1C and almost similar with GR07 BE. The midrange is thicker and more luscious than MH1C , Compare to GR07 BE and GR07 first version which I also have, they are slightly more forward. Treble is a little recessed or shall I say on the darker side compare to 2 versions of GR07 I have but they are smooth and you can feel its presence when needed and no trace of sibilance. I prefer them over VC1000 but thats only me, YMMV of course. The sound signature is tailored fit to my taste. For 30 USD, you will get an IEM with a mid tier sound plus 2 pairs of silicone tips and 4 pairs of foam tips which the quality is comparable to complys, what can I ask for? This the best 30 USD I ever spent on an IEM. I am not good at using technical terms to describe what I hear so please take this impression with a pinch of salt. 

What I would recommend you do is also get the VSD1's. Let the vsd1's burn in for 50 hours, and let the BE's burn in for 300 hours. Then, see which ones you prefer. If you end up liking the VSD1's as much or more, then you can sell the BE's and save yourself $100 :)

Jul 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #538 of 2,003
Quote:
Anyone here got both VSD1 and Basso?
Wondering which one is more detailed and "higher end" sounding? 

Hmm, I have both and I feel the Bassos fit the description of being more detailed and having a higher end sound.

However, I find the VSD1 a lot more comfortable and spend more time listening to them.

I can't seem to get a good fit with the Bassos despite trying several different tips and the pair I have suffers from driver flex. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to readjust them every few minutes. Reading the Basso thread, I have since ordered the Meelec bi-flange tips and am still awaiting their delivery.

Hope that helps :)

Jul 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #539 of 2,003
Quote:

Hmm, I have both and I feel the Bassos fit the description of being more detailed and having a higher end sound.

However, I find the VSD1 a lot more comfortable and spend more time listening to them.

I can't seem to get a good fit with the Bassos despite trying several different tips and the pair I have suffers from driver flex. It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't have to readjust them every few minutes. Reading the Basso thread, I have since ordered the Meelec bi-flange tips and am still awaiting their delivery.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks.
I already got my M6 tips just awaiting Bassos some time next week hopefully.

Jul 14, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #540 of 2,003
Quote:

Sibilance with the VSD1's? I am pretty sensitive to sibilance. I had a bit of an issue with the GR07BE's (although it was tamed pretty well after 300 hours or so). But for me, the VSD1's are not sibilant at all. So I wouldn't worry about it.

It's really a subjective/personal thing. The BE's are awesome as confirmed by many/most people. Very refined. So you will probably love them. Me? I actually prefer the VSD1's more because I get a better fit/seal with the vsd1's, and I prefer their signature which airomjosh did a nice job of describing (versus the BE's):

What I would recommend you do is also get the VSD1's. Let the vsd1's burn in for 50 hours, and let the BE's burn in for 300 hours. Then, see which ones you prefer. If you end up liking the VSD1's as much or more, then you can sell the BE's and save yourself $100 :)

I agree with the sibilance. Maybe a bit early on if you cranked them up but it burned off totally.

It is subjective. I prefer the VSD1 over the first run GR07. Not as much treble extension but a little better sub-bass reach and the mids aren't as dry and there isn't that hint of grain here and there in the upper mids and treble. To be fair those issues were addressed in subsequent GR07 versions. The VSD1 is probably closer to 90% of the first release GR07 but are tuned differently so taste comes into account.

How fair is that Wayne? 300 hours vs. 50 huh?
wink_face.gif

Also an early heads up though for anybody who wants a pair as I will be putting mine up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back