VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jul 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #511 of 2,003
Quote:
It will be interesting to put the vsd1 against the gr02 be, im guessing it will have similar sound sig. Plus these sound great for drum and bass, dubstep and hiphop, infact there great allrounders. I find them more engaging, and more satisfying overall than listening to my jvc s500's and mh1c. About burning in, I found they needed a fairly short burning in process. Maybe around 10-20 hours to sound really good. Bass is very bloated and boomy out of box but will settle after burn in. 

Nah, the gr02be is quite different. It's quite V-shaped in comparison to the VSD1, which is only a touch laid back. Also the gr02be has thinner note presentation to boost the clarity but it makes it a bit cold and dry and slightly grainy. The bass on VSD1 has also better impact as the gr02be's is more on the soft side. As far as the treble - the VSD1's is smooth and fairly well extended, while the gr02be's is a little hot, more pronounced and more aggressive, which I liked but it can definitely be too harsh for some people and more sibilant. The VSD1 sound more natural overall and is a lot more versatile.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #513 of 2,003
Quote:
Nah, the gr02be is quite different. It's quite V-shaped in comparison to the VSD1, which is only a touch laid back. Also the gr02be has thinner note presentation to boost the clarity but it makes it a bit cold and dry and slightly grainy. The bass on VSD1 has also better impact as the gr02be's is more on the soft side. As far as the treble - the VSD1's is smooth and fairly well extended, while the gr02be's is a little hot, more pronounced and more aggressive, which I liked but it can definitely be too harsh for some people and more sibilant. The VSD1 sound more natural overall and is a lot more versatile.

Your description of the VSD1's doesn't make them sound half bad! 
size]

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #514 of 2,003
Quote:
Finally, after waiting for more than 2 weeks, the VSD1 I bought on a pre-sale have arrived. They sound amazing to my ears. Huge quantity of bass that does not swallow other frequencies. The bass presentation is better than MH1C and almost similar with GR07 BE. The midrange is thicker and more luscious than MH1C , Compare to GR07 BE and GR07 first version which I also have, they are slightly more forward. Treble is a little recessed or shall I say on the darker side compare to 2 versions of GR07 I have but they are smooth and you can feel its presence when needed and no trace of sibilance. I prefer them over VC1000 but thats only me, YMMV of course. The sound signature is tailored fit to my taste. For 30 USD, you will get an IEM with a mid tier sound plus 2 pairs of silicone tips and 4 pairs of foam tips which the quality is comparable to complys, what can I ask for? This the best 30 USD I ever spent on an IEM. I am not good at using technical terms to describe what I hear so please take this impression with a pinch of salt. 

sorry for the crappy picture...

what i got after 100 hrs is that the bass is too heavy for me, it does swallow the mid and it sounds a little bit weird in rock music.

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #515 of 2,003
Quote:

Your description of the VSD1's doesn't make them sound half bad! 
size]

Well, I'm trying to promote the VSD1 as much as I can without overhyping it. It seems that I'm the only one trying to keep the interest in it and recommend it lately but I guess once joker's review is out and the VSD1 ends up on innerfidelity's wall of fame people will realize it's not FOTM

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:02 AM Post #516 of 2,003

I remember you loved the gr04 over the gr06. Now that the gr04 is out of production do you think the VSD1 could be a replacment in terms of SQ and sound signature?

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #517 of 2,003
Quote:
I remember you loved the gr04 over the gr06. Now that the gr04 is out of production do you think the VSD1 could be a replacment in terms of SQ and sound signature?

Well they are different. VSD1 has a touch laid back mids in relation to the bass while both the gr04 and gr06 are mid-forward with the gr04 being less so and getting closer to balanced and neutral with the mh1c tips and shallow insertion. But yeah, with the gr04 flagship discontinued the VSD1 is now the best sub-$100 vsonic iem

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #518 of 2,003
Quote:
Well, I'm trying to promote the VSD1 as much as I can without overhyping it. It seems that I'm the only one trying to keep the interest in it and recommend it lately but I guess once joker's review is out and the VSD1 ends up on innerfidelity's wall of fame people will realize it's not FOTM

Get the nutman a pair of the vsd1, then the hype train will take off!

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #519 of 2,003

He didn't exactly deny that that might happen, did he? :)

Jul 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #520 of 2,003
Quote:
Get the nutman a pair of the vsd1, then the hype train will take off!

Nah, no hype train is needed. I'm just trying to attract the attention of the people towards it but without going overboard with the type of hype that goes in the discovery thread. When you go overboard with hype the item becomes FOTM. I'm just enjoying it and occasionally answer questions about it - it's not like I'm selling VSD1 or anything.

Quote:
He didn't exactly deny that that might happen, did he? :)

Yeah, initially when I first saw his comment I wasn't completely sure whether he's talking about it or the VC1000, so I didn't mention anything but I saw the other day that he didn't deny anything when you mentioned it. 
Btw, I think I'll settle with the blue vsonic tips in the end. Originally, I tried the old ones, which were the ones with the colored cores, but as someone asked something about the new tips that are colored on the outside, I dug them up. I just discarded them some time ago as I thought they were exactly the same but just flashy looking instead of black but they are actually slightly different and that blue actually looks kinda cool with a summer look to it 
size]

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #522 of 2,003
Quote:
How about stock silicone and foam tips? I only have comply t400 so I want to hear ur
comments about them before pull the trigger and buy something else.

I'm not a fan of the included foam tips but the silicone ones are fine as long as you can get a good fit with them. I guess if the single-flange ones don't work for you then the bi-flanges will. Still I have no idea why they decided not to include the usual assortment of hybrid clones as what's the point of the new wide package if there are none of the colorful tips to display.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #523 of 2,003
Quote:
Lend me ur ears got them in stock in their USA warehouse and I finally ordered a pair.  Hopefully I'll have them in my ears next week!

How do you know?  Do you order from a different site?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back