VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jun 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #211 of 2,003
Really, I though everyone knew they had adjustable nozzles? I'm still burning-in mine - should be around 50 hours now. The bast does get tighter and also it is tip dependent and I wouldn't be using foam tips with the VSD1 - the bass already has any power as it is and the highs aren't exactly the sparkliest to constrict the treble more with foam. 

Lol, you didint?

Whiskey must have been nice then :p

Jun 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #212 of 2,003
If it's brightness you want, then so far the sony hybrids are winning.

Not sure what im set on, i still like the stock buds but prefer the purple foamies.

i still have more to experiment with, i didn't like the phillips tips at all, changed the signature too much, made them too bright for my liking i prefer a warmer sound.

Not to mention it took away the bottom end, that killed it for me.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #214 of 2,003
Quote:
If it's brightness you want, then so far the sony hybrids are winning.

Not sure what im set on, i still like the stock buds but prefer the purple foamies.

i still have more to experiment with, i didn't like the phillips tips at all, changed the signature too much, made them too bright for my liking i prefer a warmer sound.

Not to mention it took away the bottom end, that killed it for me.

Mine are burning right now, but so far I was liking the double flanged tips that came with them. Did you try them?

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #215 of 2,003
Quote:

Mine are burning right now, but so far I was liking the double flanged tips that came with them. Did you try them?

Odd you should mention them, i've thrown them on just a few minutes ago as android 4.2.2 is about to be released, so figured may as well try those whilst i back everything up.

Have to say im really liking them, thank god the nozzles are adjustable as it did require some fiddling to get them seated right.

But so far everything is in the right proportion, this is with my phone of course, i'll try them with my main portable rig soon.

One thing i will say, these phones are not only tip sensitive, but they're a bit critical, with their source. But throw something good their way and they really shine.

Jun 1, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #216 of 2,003
Yeah, I see my preference for tips is becoming the double flanged, as I am using them on various iems. They seem to stay in the best for me, and result in a pretty good seal, and I like the sound out of them the best.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #217 of 2,003
Quote:
Yeah, I see my preference for tips is becoming the double flanged, as I am using them on various iems. They seem to stay in the best for me, and result in a pretty good seal, and I like the sound out of them the best.

They seem to have the right mix don't they, a nice balanced sound with a decent low end and just enough sparkle, and obviously stay put once fitted in.

I had a good hours kip with mine in without a single issue, i can see myself using these phones a fair bit, can't wait for them to be burned in.

Odd thing is the only other double flange i use is my yammies, everything else it's usually a small-medium tip.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #218 of 2,003
I for one don't like them with the stock double tips - the meelec tri-flangles cut down to bi-flanges work pretty well but I still need to  test more stuff when I'm sober LOL Burning-in is going pretty weel though and I have to say the VSD1 is definitely worth even double the MSRP

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #219 of 2,003
Mine came today and they are pretty juicy out-of-the-box! I'm not going to hype these up much until I start hearing a change in sound & play with the tips that are included.

Jun 1, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #220 of 2,003
Well, I cannot use the foam tips. This isn't the first time I've not been able to use foam tips--in fact it happens every time-- I don't know why but they always just come off inside my ear and I have to get tweezers to get them out. I also never get a good fit. Is there some kind-of secret to them? I'll probably stick with the double flange (loveeee double/triple flange) tips; though I really liked the stock tips as well. Any other good tip suggestions?

Jun 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #221 of 2,003
Received mine yesterday.. Ended up with the double flange on them as well.. I wish these would have come with the regular assortment of tips instead of the foams since foams don't work well for me either.. These are what I was hoping them to be so I'm happy =).. Nice low end with relaxed highs compared to the gr07 and a balanced sound.. If the gr07 is flat then these are slightly tilted flat lol.. I'm enjoying them

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM Post #222 of 2,003
Well, I'm drunk as usual but I'm still going to call it - they are some of the best iems in the sub-$100 region. I'm still to tip roll and make comparisons mainly with the gr04FE but I'll still say it's better than gr99, gr02BE, gr06 and VC02. I don't usually do it but I should write a review next week as the VSD1 deserves more than just being a FOTM

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #223 of 2,003
Nice, the only thing that sucks is that it will take 2 - 3 weeks for them to arrive.
confused.gif
I'll cry if they ship from Asia!

Jun 1, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #224 of 2,003
Mine arrived today.

These are my first pair of Vsonic earphones and I am impressed with their product presentation. Build quality is very good: the cord has good thickness and flexible. The housing, even though it's plastic looks sturdy. Did see some excess glue between the plastic housing and rubber strain relief, but no biggie. The right-angled plug is always a welcome sight.

I swapped to the bi-flange tips and they were comfortable. I may leave it at that. The adjustable nozzle is cool for that "custom" fit (I honestly didn't know until it was recently posted). There are no "L/R" markings but I think the one with the dot and VSD1 signage is left.

Sound out of the box with the fitment adjusted just right is actually very good- bass has punch, mids are clear and treble's nice. I do not have a Gr07 to compare but if these are 80% of those then this is a great bargain for the price (I will resist the temptation of curiosity for the Gr07 sound, my wallet will not like it). I will hold my sound quality critique after about 40hour of burn in time through jlabaudio loop.

Also, I really like the ear loop provided for use with my Sony XBA-4iP because the meatier loop works with the XBA's thicker cable. And I'm using Phonak's thinner clear loop with the VSD1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back