VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #1,652 of 2,003
I have to say the VSD1 are very good and for the price, well worth owning a pair.
I seem to listen to them more than other pairs at the moment.
Have a few budget/deals pairs of iems on the way and also have the VSD1LE and prefer the regular VSD1 to the LE sound.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #1,653 of 2,003
  I have to say the VSD1 are very good and for the price, well worth owning a pair.
I seem to listen to them more than other pairs at the moment.
Have a few budget/deals pairs of iems on the way and also have the VSD1LE and prefer the regular VSD1 to the LE sound.

The Xiaomi Piston 2.0 is better than the VSD1, and $10.00 cheaper. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,655 of 2,003

Probably but tough to get in UK, was looking on eBay and it's hard to tell genuine from fake etc.
Also to say they are "better" than them...how do you mean?
Better or just that you prefer the Piston?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Design-Xiaomi-Piston-Earphones-Gold-Headset-3-buttons-wire-control-SG-POST-/181294614168?pt=Bluetooth_Wireless_Products&hash=item2a36004698

this is the seller who I got mine from. I'm sure they ship to the UK. 100% authentic, and it's the Piston 2.0 Gold with Beryllium driver. 

and I mean the Piston is better. I've owned the VSD1 and VSD1S, and still own the GR99LE, and the Piston is sonically superior to all those IEM's. Better bass. Better mid. Better Separation. No sibilance. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #1,656 of 2,003
I found that seller on eBay UK too, but I prefer to buy from sellers with better feedback tbh, that seller has s negative feedback about the pistons...it's late, i'm on my phone so not going to Google translate the feedback but doesn't look like the greatest seller tbh.

There are a couple of sellers on eBay UK both with around 10,000+ feedback selling the pistons, I may pick up a set, have been looking recently but too many fakes about.
There are sets ranging from £5 - £20 man.....way too varied in price, but I have one seller saved that i'll buy from probably.

Would like to hear them as I've read good things on the other thread

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #1,657 of 2,003
  I found that seller on eBay UK too, but I prefer to buy from sellers with better feedback tbh, that seller has s negative feedback about the pistons...it's late, i'm on my phone so not going to Google translate the feedback but doesn't look like the greatest seller tbh.

There are a couple of sellers on eBay UK both with around 10,000+ feedback selling the pistons, I may pick up a set, have been looking recently but too many fakes about.
There are sets ranging from £5 - £20 man.....way too varied in price, but I have one seller saved that i'll buy from probably.

Would like to hear them as I've read good things on the other thread

well i know I got mine there, and two other headfi'ers got theirs, and that guy only has 3 negative out of over 300. You wanna chance someone else and get a fake, then that's up to you, but I'm letting you know this guy is selling authentic Pistons. Plus the original Piston is not the same driver, is cheaper, and is silver, so beware of that too. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #1,658 of 2,003
Well I have 0 negative feedback out of 1500 transactions... 3 out of 300 is actually not great for feedback, especially when one is for the very earphones i'm looking to buy.
What does the negative feedback left about the pistons say? I don't speak Spanish sadly.
I appreciate that you got genuine pistons, that's at least somewhat comforting.
I may well buy from them. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #1,660 of 2,003
I'm so loving these Piston 2.0 with my X3. Just so blissful. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #1,663 of 2,003
  How do they stack up against the gr07 mk 11?

the GR07 are better. But they are also $170 v.s. $24. To be honest though, the Piston has better bass quantity and near quality, and have no sibilance due to it's more relaxed highs, but the GR07 wins in everything else. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back