VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,591 of 2,003
If vsonic achieves.that then there will be no resale value for current 535 owners......if vsonic fails to achieve as promised then we all know what its fate be then.......

the sound of quadruple BA drivers is gonna be VERY VERY difficult to achieve with a single dynamic driver...though Sennheiser has come close, so who knows??

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #1,592 of 2,003
  How do you clean vsd1?, After a while, when I take off the tip, oil and ear wax has built up around the nozzle. I'm pretty sure the oil and wax gets in and past the grill of the vsd1. Sure, i can clear the nozzle of oil and wax but in liquid form, they do get inside the grill, harden and build up inside. Im concerned of the build up because it will affect the sound over time and worst, it may bust the earphone itself. Thanks

you need to buy a cleaning tool, or buy the TDK BA-200, which comes with a cleaning tool in it? or go buy some ear cleaning kit, which you flush ear wax out of your ears, and put some of that on a q tip, and clean it that way?

Jan 3, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #1,593 of 2,003
you need to buy a cleaning tool, or buy the TDK BA-200, which comes with a cleaning tool in it? or go buy some ear cleaning kit, which you flush ear wax out of your ears, and put some of that on a q tip, and clean it that way?

@Lisagorbin » to add with IEMagnet01's comments,

Thats why i use q tips a day or every 2 days.......for us, IEM users who constantly use them havr to do so. I infact didnt use my cleaning tool yet that came with TF10 but i hav it handy when needed. Infact soaking silicon tips with warm water and wiping it with a clean cotton cloth, for the waxed tips, will also make the tips hygienic and iem sounds as it shd be.....I even wipe the tips with my t/shirts before/aftrr use, despite of all above.....sounds crazy huh.:wink:

Jan 3, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #1,595 of 2,003
the sound of quadruple BA drivers is gonna be VERY VERY difficult to achieve with a single dynamic driver...though Sennheiser has come close, so who knows??

you meant the IE8x series right?

Also just wondering how it can match with 535 with a price tag of $70 street price? As lot of money involved right from yhe scratch like design, R&D, exploring technologies for the state-of-the-art diaphragm,voice coil, enclosure,cable, man hours/power etc.........let's w & w.

edit» they might already did the groundwork with the success of their flagship GR07 and their oem expertise is pretty strong and evident still my fingers crossed just like others.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #1,596 of 2,003
  VSD1 sounds nothing like GR07 MKII, imo.  The VSD1 has way more midbass bloat, less airy (especially treble), less instrument separation, and overall less clean sound.  80% performance?  I don't think so.

With that said, they are a good bargain.

+1. I also have the same opinion, even after burn in. Surprisingly their EQ charts are really similar in the bass section. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #1,597 of 2,003
  +1. I also have the same opinion, even after burn in. Surprisingly their EQ charts are really similar in the bass section. 

yeah. The VSD1S is not close to the GR07, but who knows how the VSD3 will fair?? Hopefully ASTRONOMICAL?!

Jan 4, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #1,598 of 2,003
VSD1 sounds nothing like GR07 MKII, imo.  The VSD1 has way more midbass bloat, less airy (especially treble), less instrument separation, and overall less clean sound.  80% performance?  I don't think so.

With that said, they are a good bargain.

With this in mind which one do you suggest for good tremble and bass and instrument separation? I listen to jazz and some electronic music. Thanks for help!

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #1,599 of 2,003
With this in mind which one do you suggest for good tremble and bass and instrument separation? I listen to jazz and some electronic music. Thanks for help!

I suggest the VSD1S

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:59 AM Post #1,600 of 2,003
How do those Vsd1s compare to Re0s? 

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,601 of 2,003
  How do those Vsd1s compare to Re0s? 

the VSD1 actually has bass presence and weight, while the Re0 has 0 bass and weight. The treble is better on the re0, and the re0 is more transparent and detail resolving. The VDS1 is more lively and fun. 

Jan 4, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #1,602 of 2,003
Thanks for your input IEMagnet01 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back